Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shanthi Vijayaragavan
Submit a review for Dr. Shanthi VijayaragavanYour feedback matters!
Recently I had USG of my whole abdomen and found my liver is enlarged (16.2 cm) and shows increased parenchymal echotexture, suggestive grade-I fatty changes. Am really tensed as am only 27 years old and this found. Can anyone help me is this a serious problem? And how to overcome from this problem completely. Am having digestion problem also. Thanks.
How to reduce formation of gas in stomach. As I am unable to take my diet in proper timing daily, facing some gas problem in stomach after dinner. Could you suggest me to reduce that problem.
I am 34 years old. I am suffering from itching around my anus area (not in anus) since 2-3 months. I have tried ITCH Guard, Soframycin, Nuforce GM ointment, But there is no benefit. I have also taken antibiotic ESIMOX CV -625 for 3 days (once every day). I have maintained proper hygiene in that area. No piles, no bleeding, no itching in other parts, no visible abnormality in that area.
I am suffering from strange bouts of burping and nausea. The nausea gets usually relieved when I burp. I am also bloated and pass gas. I quit a 10 year habit of smoking recently while my symptoms initially disappeared they reappeared in 10 days. I never vomited or have any appetite issues nor I am constipated and do not have any chronic/acute abdominal pain .I am. Clueless, is it the weather in Bangalore or water or my mental state or h.pylori causing this? The condition is impacting my quality of life and productivity. This condition is impacting me from the last 3 months and goes away when I am away from bangalore. Also, while in Bangalore there are times when I am perfectly okay and times when I feel really debilitated. Also while being nauseatic I also have sensitivity to smell till the time I usually burp and the symptoms disappear Please suggest.
Homeopathy can very well dissolve gall stones of small and medium sizes, and relieve the gall bladder and body permanently from the pain, suffering and complications coming from gall stones. One of the benefits of homeopathic treatment for gall stones is that your gall bladder does not need removal, and being an important organ for producing digestive enzymes, it is better to keep it in your body. The other benefit is that you get a side effect-free treatment, which is completely efficient and practical, and costs really low compared to other modes of treatments and surgeries.
But before one goes for a homeopathic treatment, a complete evaluation of the patient’s case history must be done so that the right medicine can be given as per the case, history, severity etc. Here is a quick look at the commonly used homeopathic medicines, which doctors, depending on your case history, may prescribe for your gall stone.
Homeopathic medicines used for treating gall stones
- Calcarea carbonica: If you have a family history of kidney and gall stones, are anxious and slow, overweight with high deposits of triglycerides and cholesterol, then you would be given this medicine.
- Chelidonium: If you get pain in any or both of the two patterns pain originating under your right shoulder blade and pain in the upper right abdomen, which spreads to the back, you will be prescribed this one.
- Lycopodium: This medicine is usually recommended in case you have a family history of stones in kidney and gall bladder, along with other complications like, chronic digestive disorders, high cholesterol, gastric problems, constipation, peptic ulcers, gas and bloating. The patient may usually get biliary colic pains late in the afternoon. He or she may also get irritated easily, and hate contradicting opinions.
- Natrum sulphuricum: The patient may have any or some of the problems like chronic diarrhea, gall stone pain, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, depression, obesity and problem in joints. On top of that the patient may be too sensitive to changes in humidity and weather. In such a case, Natrum sulphuricum is given.
- Nux vomica: If a patient suffers from nausea, colic pains, spasmodic pains, heartburn and acidity, gas and bloating, and takes too much of rich and oily food and drinks, then this medicine is used to treat gall stones for him or her.
As you can see, there is a remedy for all types of patients. Hence in case of small to medium sized gall stones, you can always retain the gall bladder, avoid surgeries, and keep patience with systematic homeopathic treatment from an expert doctor. You will get positive results soon.