Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Shanthi VijayaragavanYour feedback matters!
My friend is surfing from appendix can you suggest me to solve this disease without operation or surgery?
4 days before when I was walking (@8 pm) there was a van (which was releasing some gas to clean mosquito) that gas was taken by me because that van was very close to me and at the day after cough was started My question is whether that gas is the only reason for cough? Whether its a dangerous gas for human? Or else low temperature in the air may caused me cough I'm taking home made solutions for cough but its not recovered yet What should I do?
Is colonoscopy safe? Or are there any risk involved I have an appointment tomorrow I just want to make sure i'm not risking my life.
I am 26 yr old male, suffering gastric problems for last few years. I am not getting full relief by using some tablets & syrups prescribed by physicians. My problem is geting out too much gas thru both end with high sound especially in morning and always while having food & after food. In the morning time feeling to vomit while try to get out gas and some times feel chest pain or somthing burn in chest. And now always feeling bad breath also. (doctors normally advicing me to take omeprazol, pantozol, etc.) now one Dr. Told me to check blood h. Plori. Please give me advice on these.
Hi doctor, should I take digeplex for my stomach pain? Or are there any other medications which I can take in this case? I have problem in digesting food. I don't eat outside because of this very reason. Please help me out.
I am 31 years old male and i am suffering from recurring mouth ulcer, please suggest some advice to me?
I have mild gastric problem. I have taken little food in the afternoon with dal and curd rice. From that time stomach pain came. Once motion also happened. But in motion little bit blood came. Little pain near penis left side and right side. Little blow in stomach. Little hiccups. What should I do? Any problem for me? My weight also little decreased recently. Daily I am eating but no problem. If tamarind is added little any problem. I am taking medicines also. Morning rabeprazole before food. Leozyme syrup thrice after meal. Night before dinner cintapride 1 mg, night before sleep lactulose solution. I am taking these medicines. What are the precautions I have to take? What should I eat and I shouldn't eat? Pls suggest me.
I am 67 years old, having the acute problem of indigestion since last 15 years. Now days I am taking Sharangdhar's sukhs arak vati tablets every day night .Now a days there is a pain in right side of the stomach started since last five months. Endoscopy is done at a very notable clinic by a specialist intestine oligist but no fruitful result. Kindly advise.
My wife is 49 yrs. She Whict undergoing operation for removal of gall bladder by laproscopy procedure the main bileduct got severed just below the Y junction. So under open surgery hepatic JEJUNOSTOMY was done in 2004. Thereafter she has been getting attacks of Chollengitis. She under went balloon Dilatation under DSA in 2012 for relief from stricture and blockage of duct. She had no attacks of chollengitis after that until oct 2015. Another round of Balloon Dilatation was done on 26 Nov2015. After the operation she suffered by SEPSIS and had ACITIS. Fortunately she recovered and is now recuperating. What should we do to strengthen the Liver in particular and improve immunity and energy in general?
I am 38 years old, I married last year, I think I may have low sperm count problem, I am feeling tied after doing any physical work , feeling memory loss some times, Eye problem are accrued, gastric problems are there, what to do ? Kindly give me best remedies for the above purpose.
I suffer from gradual but acute pain in groin area in every 3 or 4 days and it goes again gradually after 2 hours. What's the cause?
My 52 years old wife is suffering from Fatty Liver. Feels breathlessness and heavy stomach after taking normal light food. Please advise what to do?
I am 43 male suffering from stomach problems in last 15 years. Mainly gas acidity. When I walk pain and gas increases giving feelings of involuntary rectum discharge which happens also in small qty if I continue walk. So I can't walk or stand for more than 30-40 minutes. I feel depressed affecting libido too. Over sensitive to cleanliness. High time in bath busy washing clothes. Can you help.
My hernia repaired in 2008 with open surgery do not know which type of mesh used till then my digestive and mental health is not okay .in starting I feel some obstruction in long intestine ,some constipation ,heart burn ,difficulty in breathing trembling hands ,restlessness ,insomnia ,fog head ,endoscopy ,colonoscopy done everything was normal ,doctor said it is ibs and anxiety ,then doctor prescribed me paroxetine and gastroenterologist some isbgol containing powder ,after some time I stop digestive medicine and continue psychiatrist medicine, I was okay with paroxetine but 2 and half year back I got weakly positive malaria and typhoid positive taken large ds and other antibiotics after that I started feeling intestinal obstruction again and excessive gas formation started till then I am not okay no other medicine like vsl 3 help only rifaximin does work after start taking rifagut 550 two times a day I start feeling better from day 3, doctor said it is due to bacterial overgrowth ,my abdominal ct scan ,ct enterography ,lower abdominal mri ,barium milk follow through all are okay ,i wonder why the bacterial overgrowth is there only rifaximin help and I can not take it more than 15 days, after leave rifagut gas hit back strongly.
I am regularly drinking alcohol for past 10 years. Now a days I am controlling. Regularly for past 2 months doing jogging in morning. Can my liver regeneration is possible or not. How can I regenerate my liver. It is being observed Fatty liver. Please advise.
My daughter is 16 years old. She has made a habit of sleeping late around 1p. M.daily and getting up late around 12,12:30. She is overweight and is very inactive. She does not listen to any one. She is suffering from thyroid and has multiple gallbladder stones. What should I do?
I am suffering from improper bowel movement since september 2016. I have taken gastro medicines to treat this but did not got any result. I am also taking psychiatric medicines since september 2015. Is it due to the psychiatric allopathic medicines I am taking.
I use to masturbate for very long time and now mucous is coming out with urination at the time of forceful bowel movement.
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian life science that requires you to make various lifestyle changes along with the use of medication that is based on herbs and condiments with massages and Yogic postures. This field of medicine believes in getting to the root of the problem so as to cure it and prevent it in the future as well. Gastritis is no different and enjoys the same kind of attention when it comes to Ayurveda.
Here is everything you need to know about the Ayurvedic perspective of gastritis:
- Definition: As per Ayurveda, gastritis is known as Urdhva Amlapitta, which can lead to the occurrence of stomach ulcers when the inflammation of the stomach lining goes untreated for a prolonged period of time. This inflammation is the basic outcome of the condition.
- Causes: Problems in the Vata Dosha, one of the four Doshas in the body, can cause this condition. Also, a build up of Ama or toxins due to poor digestive health, can lead to the occurrence of this disease. As per Ayurveda, there are many reasons that may cause this toxin build up and the imbalance in the Vata Dosha. This includes eating spicy food on a regular or frequent basis and taking too many drugs like pain killers and analgesics which can lead to this condition. Also, too much of alcohol consumption and greasy food can cause gastritis. Further, one of the main causes of gastritis as per Ayurveda, is the presence of too much stress and worry, and the lack of a proper routine when it comes to eating, sleeping and exercising.
- Symptoms: The main symptoms include appetite loss and nausea, as well as discomfort and pain in the abdomen. Gastrointestinal bleeding and blood discharge may also occur for patients suffering from this condition. Headaches and vomiting are also common symptoms of this condition.
- Medication: There are various Ayurvedic medicines that can help in treating this condition. Sukumara Ghrita are ghee based preparations that can be taken every morning with a glass of warm milk in order to activate the digestive fires and improve the digestive powers. The difference can usually be seen in a matter of days. Dhatri Lauha includes amla juice which should be taken twice a day. Lemon juice, ajwain, amla and ginger are also helpful in such situations.
- Lifestyle Changes: Avoiding spicy and greasy food as well as stopping alcohol abuse and smoking can help in curing this condition. One should also stay away from excessively stressful mental and physical tasks.
Taking the right steps at the right time for a proper routine with good habits can help in treating this condition as per Ayurveda. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.