Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Shanthi NambiYour feedback matters!
I am ignorant. I don't know how to gain knowledge. Whatever I read, I forget in few days. I also feel less self esteem.
Can Autism be cured at home without any professional therapy, as those are much costly for a common man.
I'm having stress in my mind and I'm unable to forget. How can I reduce my stress. Please give me a good suggestion. Thank you.
We are group of 10 friends but I am coward of all, we friends were once visiting lonavala and oir car was hit by truck, I was stressed out completely and scared but we were all right and one if my friend started beating the truck driver but if I was alone then I could not have deal e it successfully . But I am coward from birth so how could I be courageous like my friend . What causes differences in individuals . I am coward naturally or from birth itself Or is it due to belief system. Or genetics Or environment Or have more sensitive nervous system.
Hello. My mother is suffering from mental illness. I learnt that she is suffering from Schizophrenia. She is unable to judge between what is real and what Isn't. Its getting serious day by day. She is very rigid and is opposing to consult any doctor. I'm afraid that she does anything against herself if we forcefully take her to the doctor Please help me and suggest what to do? I'm looking for good medical treatment in Hyderabad. Thank you.
I turned 18 this september and I have been going through maladaptive daydreaming since 2 years. I am thereby not able to concentrate on my studies and I just keep on imagining. I have researched for so many times on internet and concerned various doctors. Please help.
Sir, When I start studying I notice, my mind gets deviate. I fail to concentrate on the topic and since our exams are coming an external pressure make over the head causing a little bit headache.
I am suffering from panic disorder chest tightness n discomfort fear palpitations n at that time blood pressure 140/100 all reports r normal including tsh echo tmt bloods urine renal angiogram n I am taking treatment of this since 6 month before 6 month I was starting treatment escitalopram clonazepam + amitriptyline chlordiazepoxide then tapered down the dose n last just plain amitriptyline 10 mg then I attacked frequently nw days BP has come 140/90 nw I am afraid what is d main Problem? Anxiety cause BP or BP cause anxiety?
I had a 5.8mm stone in my ureter. I was taking alpha blockers and drinking kulthi and lemon water regularly. But now I am not feeling any pain while urinating. So, did my stone is passed by spontaneous passage or its something else?
I am 20 years old and I feel depression because of my study I am in engineering and simultaneously I am in love with someone what should I do?
Science suggests that marijuana has anti-carcinogenic elements n it's cure to more than 20 life threatening diseases like Alzheimer n depression etc. Why is it still illegal? What actually makes it illegal? Does it cause more harm than a cigarette or alcohol? Please substantiate. Thank you.
Hi, My mother is depression patient since 20 years. Right now she is taking Sensival, Alzil, Valium 2 and Prestiq and Loret 2 medicines. But still she is not comfortable and now has a problem of loss of balance and un-controlled urination. What should we do ?
I lost somebody close last year and since then full depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
I had taken pexidep 12.5 to 37.5 and back to 12.5 mg for 3 years. I was ok for one year but no2 from 20 days again I am feeling vertigo anxity and pulptaion. Spacialy whan I go to doctor for consultation their is some norvousness and panic in my body.
It is normal to feel nervous before an interview or be anxious about something, but letting that fear take over you is not normal. If your worries and stress interfere with your day-to-day life, you may be suffering from an anxiety disorder. Fear not, this is treatable with homeopathy. Here are a few homeopathic remedies to help calm an anxious person.
- Kali Phosphoricum: Kali Phosphoricum is a potassium phosphate that helps calm people when overwhelmed by anxiety attacks. This is suitable for people who are easily stressed, over sensitive, insecure, irritable and despondent. It also helps deal with the after effects of grief and fright. Physical ailments such as fatigue, dullness and lack of energy that are a result of anxiety can also be treated with this bio-chemic salt.
- Aconite Napellus: Aconite Napellus is made from a purple flowering plant by the same name. it has a number of uses, primary among which is to control anxiety. This is one of the best homeopathic remedies for sudden, intense anxiety attacks and for post traumatic anxiety. It also helps deal with after effects of anxiety such as memory weakness, restlessness, oversensitivity and spells of rage.
- Argentum Nitricum: Argentum Nitricum is also known as nitrate of silver. This is helpful in cases where anxiety makes a person insecure and unsure of what to do. When you're anxious, you are likely to crave for something sweet and feel very hot. Both these are cyclic symptoms of anxiety, and can worsen the situation if not dealt with. However, Argentum Nitricum helps calm the digestive effects of sugar and cool the body to keep anxiety levels in check.
- Arsenicum Album: Arsenicum Album is a constitutional remedy that can treat both chronic and acute problems. This works well on people who are worried about safety and security. If issues like health, money and break-ins are the cause of your anxiety, this homeopathic remedy is ideal for you. It also helps deal with restlessness.
- Calcarea Carbonica: This homeopathic ingredient is made from the middle layer of sea shells. When it comes to anxiety, Calcarea Carbonica is well suited for people who are scared of change and over controlling. This anxiety is accompanied by excessive sweating due to any exertion and stubbornness. Such people are also often afraid of animals and of the dark and get easily confused. One of the biggest advantages of homeopathy over allopathic treatment is the absence of side effects when taken in low doses. However, even homeopathic medication can have side effects when taken in high doses. Therefore, it is a good idea to consult a doctor before self medicating with homeopathy.