Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
I'm not able to concentrate. Properly in my study. What should I do. And I've 2nd pu exam. So please help me.
I have some problems with pronunciation like the vowels R, l, and S. Please help me By the way I have open bite .
Living with anxiety on a daily basis can be really stressful. And while you are dealing with anxiety, it is very important not to sway away with the symptoms and commit yourself to a treatment. For instant release of anxiety, you really don't need to go for a vacation or to the spa or a weekend retreat. It is easy to beat anxiety within 5-15 minutes, just being where you are.
So don't think and instantly reduce your anxiety to give yourself a wonderful day. Here are 5 ways to reduce your anxiety immediately.
- Meditation: Meditation for a few minutes daily helps relieve anxiety. As per a research, doing meditation daily changes the neural pathways of the brain, thereby making it more flexible towards stress. Meditation is the simplest way to beat anxiety. All you have to do is just sit straight with feet on the floor and closed eyes. Next just focus your energy on reciting a mantra.
- Deep Breathing: A 5-minute breathing regime is a sure shot way to relieve anxiety. Sit straight with closed eyes and place your hands on your abdomen. First start with slow inhalation of air through the nose. Feel the breath through your abdomen and head and then reverse the process by exhaling it out through the mouth. Psychologists state that deep breathing helps to bring down stress and anxiety by lowering the blood pressure.
- Laugh Aloud: A good laugh is a great way to shed off the stress and anxiety. When you laugh, chemical endorphins are released which elevate your mood. A good laugh also lowers the cortisol levels which are the stress hormone.
- Talk to someone: Distracting yourself by talking to friends and family helps. The mind starts wandering when in anxiety and alone and the effective technique to talk to some trusted person helps. The support you get from family and friends just boosts you back and wards you off the symptoms. In case of a panic attack, you can request the company of a friend and relative to watch over you.
- Trick your anxious thoughts: Anxiety does not happen suddenly but is due to the mind's tendency to have negative thoughts spiraling day in and day out and the worse is that you have no control over the thoughts. Learn to tame these thoughts and the triggers which cause these to keep anxiety at bay.
There are strategies which you can try to help you keep anxious thoughts away.
1. Question yourself when you experience anxiety. A long checklist helps you make your thoughts more realistic.
2. Give affirmations to yourself that everything is okay, you will get over the situation. Usually, affirmations are made to comfort one.
3. Know the physical symptoms as many times physical sensations like in case of a panic attack tend to trigger anxiety and stress. When you get used to the symptoms, the mind does not send signals for anxiety to the brain. Create exercise to habituate yourself to a panic attack. There is no cure for anxiety but the fastest way to get your anxiety under control is to simply manage it.
How could I remove the nicotine from my body with out any medicine or surgery only by fruits and vegetables?
I am 51 years old, I have been taking paxil for anxiety and depression and it is under remission, I have a problem where my shoulder joints and arms start painting, I get shooting pain whenever I do some exercise or even otherwise, I have done all the neurological tests, but did not find anything wrong, I'm not sure if I should see a orthopaedic doctor, or change /increase my psychiatric medicine, at the moment I'm taking diclofenac 1 tab daily and it is giving me good relief but I'm not sure what is wrong.
Hello doctors please help me. Our past thoughts and events are no longer real its just a moment and a thought is it true? I mean can change my thought process and overcome from depression?
1. Memory loss
2. Difficulty performing familiar tasks
3. Problems with language
4. Disorientation of time and place
5. Poor or decreased judgment
6. Problems with abstract thinking
7. Misplacing things
8. Changes in personality
9. Loss of initiative
10. Changes in mood or behavior
Hello sir, My problem is I am feeling sleepy every time I am not concentrate on my study's Give me solution what should I do?
I have a headache every time. My eyes getting pain when I see any type of lights. I don't know what happened with me. I am in problem. Please give me any solution of this problem. My family also angry on me due to my this conditions.
Anorexia is one of the most common eating disorders plaguing a large section of today's youth. Anorexia is one such condition which arises as a psychological ailment and then culminates as serious physical manifestations. One of the most prominent preconditions of anorexia is the severe dissatisfaction with your body. The desire to lose weight constantly reigns supreme in your mind. So much so, that all that you can permit yourself to eat and all that you can't pre-occupies your mind entirely. This extensively impairs your social life and threatens your potential in all other aspects of life. This undermines your health and self-confidence tremendously and inflicts a distorted body image complex upon your psyche.
Under the spell of anorexia, you tend to dread even the slightest weight gain and consequently, it builds a sense of self-disgust in you. It can be an extremely stressful and harmful physical condition, gravely affecting your moments of joy and happiness. Drastic diets, excruciating exercising or using laxatives and diuretics could be some of the most common leeways into anorexia. The terror which looms around your weight gain will disable you from acknowledging how thin you are or for that matter, appreciating the body that you have. This may not only jeopardize your normal body functioning but also subjugate you to acute emotional distress and depression. What is worse is that anorexia works in such insidious ways that in most cases, one doesn't even realize the existence of the problem. The first and foremost step to recovery is to avoid anything and everything that may trigger the condition. Other recourses that one may take have been enlisted below.
- Realizing the difference between dieting and anorexia: Anorexia often indicates deeper problems like depression and insecurities and the eating disorder simply emerges as a consequence of the same. Dieting does not entail an austere denial of food to self or completely throttling all of one's hunger pangs. Fulfilling the basic nutritional needs of your body as against starvation is the first step to recovery.
- Seeking advice from well-wishers: If your loved ones seem perplexed about your health conditions, know all of it is well founded. Learn to acknowledge the fuzzy body images that afflicts you and take proactive steps towards combating them. Share your problems with your trusted ones and learn to adopt a healthier way of living. Join some productive engagement that will keep your mind off such baseless weight obsession.