Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shanthi Nambi
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Shanthi NambiYour feedback matters!
I have a fear of haircuts, I can't get one and can't see others having the same. The feeling of water sprayed or someone touching or combing my hair terrifies me. I got my last one around 11 years back. I don't lik people around me saying about the health or personal problem of girls. These things depress me alot and make me go cry. Whensoever some speaks it makes an awkward feeling in my body. What can I do? These things are dominating my life .I don't think if I will ever be able to marry in my life. I can't tell my parents or anyone about this. I have fear .I fear. I need help if some body can help in the treatment.
Im 21 years old boy I need help I can not focus on studies coz of my long distance relationship of 18 months now a days she do not talk like before that excitement she used to have on me she calls and says. Haan bolo then she shuts and I always talk blah blah and she give reply hmmm yaaa ohhh ok. Thats all I feel awkward now a days to talk to her I do not feel like talking to her but I miss the old of her we used to fight for communication and one day she even why do not you stay normal she compares with other my behaviour my dressing she even told I do not care if you leave. Sorry I can not give all the time priority to you I feel safe talking to friends and share I do not feel safe sharing to you. This kind of negative things she used to say and I feel pain in that sense all day night it keeps hurting me please guide me what should I do my exam is near I can not focus please help me. She is just 18 years old during this age mostly girls find true love but mine is true but she do not value of it.
You are about to go on stage to face an audience. Palms sweaty, heart racing and a fear gripping your in such a way that your feet or tongue refuse to move? Relax. You are having a bout of stage fright. The first and most comforting thing to know is that the biggest and most popular performers and speakers also go through a bout of nervousness before their big show. And yet, when you see them on stage, you'll not detect an ounce of it. You can be that person too.
Why do you experience stage fright? Being the center of attention among an audience focused only on you can trigger thoughts of a bad or unconvincing performance resulting in loss of reputation, mockery and a perception of failure. The physical response your body has to this is called "fight or flight" syndrome which is a natural process designed to protect you.
So how do you face the situation and get better of it? Here are a few steps to get you there:
- Self-hypnosis / Hypnotherapy for stage fright: Imagine if you believed that you are a master public speaker and can feel calm and confident during every performance! A self-hypnosis or hypnortherapy session allows you to reach out into the recesses of your subconscious mind and harness its power to handle stressful situations like a stage performance. You may have heard the common adage of - You are what you believe; and this therapy proves it. The process will help you visualize your actual performance and link it with positive, encouraging and enjoyable images which will replace your anxiety with confidence. You can either visit a consultant or buy a CD online.
- NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) for stage fright: NLP was created in the 1970s by Richard Bandler and John Grinder in California as a connection between neurological process, linguistic and behavioural patterns learnt through experience or programming. NLP claims to cure everything from phobias to depression to even the common cold. Though not scientifically proven, NLP uses a set of mental exercises to allow you to change your perception and blockages and hesitation into positive actions. Similar to hypnosis, it'll allow you to program yourself to believe and practice for a positive outcome in order to achieve it.
- Add the wow factor: Anyone giving you their time deserves to leave with a 'wow'. Add facts, figures or moves that'll give them that. Add 'your' touch and style to it.
Emotional problems make direct tasks and simple errands harder. High feeling, bubbling disappointment and hurt emotions motivate the person. Certain people become very protective. Protectiveness causes us to pry on others. Others might want to disconnect completely and resolve issues in a different manner. A great many people manage their emotional issues by opposing, quelling and overlooking them. At this point, your brain feels uneasy and you end up making rash decisions. However, there are ways to deal with emotional problems. These are as follows:
- Be aware: Try to stay active and be aware of solid feelings and sentiments. Work on improving them as they show up and quickly misidentify with them. Advise yourself that you are not your feelings and that they are only temporary.
- Use labeling: Utilize naming. Research has demonstrated that naming and surveying a feeling changes the feeling into a subject of examination and consequently diminishes its power on you. So in case you are feeling furious, essentially let yourself know that this is you being angry and you will in all probability see that the force of the inclination instantly drops.
- Get curious: Rather than opposing the emotions and sentiments, get inquisitive about them. Focus on how they affect you. Where in the body do they show? How do the diverse muscles in your body feel? How is your breath? Hold your emotions and sentiments in present mindfulness and simply let them do their thing without judging or sticking to them. Utilise the possibility of your brain as the sky and your emotions and sentiments as clouds that are passing by.
- Face-to-face interaction: Up close and personal social interaction with somebody who thinks about you is the best approach to quiet your nervous system and calm anxiety. It additionally relieves stress-busting hormones, so you will feel better regardless of the possibility that you cannot change the upsetting circumstance itself. The key is to collaborate with somebody who is a decent audience or someone you can consistently talk with face to face, or who will hear you out without a prior motivation for how you need to think or feel.
- Exercise and meditation: The brain and the body are inherently connected. When you improve your physical well-being, you will consequently encounter more prominent mental and enthusiastic betterment. Physical movement likewise discharges endorphins, intense chemicals that lift your state of mind and make you happy. Normal exercise or action can majorly affect mental and enthusiastic medical issues, mitigate stress, enhance memory, and help you to rest better.
In case that you continue facing this frequently, you will soon find that your relationship with your mind will begin to change. You will build up an intense metacognition (the capacity to face your reasoning) which helps you to handle your emotions and feelings in a great manner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.