Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shantha FernandoYour feedback matters!
I am 29 year old and my husband's age is 34 year. We have 3 year old daughter. Now we are planning our second child for 7 months but not getting positive result. Me and my husband's reports are normal. But at the time of ovulation study doctor told me that I have 4.3*4.7 mm polyp in endometrial cavity and increase the chance of infertility. She suggested me hysteroscopy. Should I follow her.
I had sex with my boyfriend not internal sex but a romantic sex he did not insert his penis into vagina but I slowed his sperm now I don't knw whether am pregnant or not.
Polycystic ovarian cyst disease (PCOD)
It is a disease characterized by multiple small cysts in the ovaries. The ovary is enlarged and it produces excessive amounts of androgen and estrogenic hormones, this condition is also called as polycystic ovarian syndrome.
Causes - hereditary / genetic disease (family history of someone with condition), overactive adrenal glands can also produce excess androgens and causes pcod, obesity can aggravate pcod, excess insulin may cause high androgen levels and causes pcod.
Irregular menses / delayed / heavy periods.
Weight gain and difficulty in losing weight.
Excessive hair growth on the face, chest, back.
Heart disease (high blood pressure, high cholesterol)
Weight gain and trouble losing weight.
Depression, mood swings.
1) do regular exercise - exercise for 45 minutes, walking, jogging and aerobic exercise are great exercise that people can do.
2) eat healthy and balanced diet - it includes lots of vegetables, fruits, nuts, beans and whole grains, brown rice. Limit foods that are high in saturated fat, such as meats, cheese and fried foods. Avoid dairy products, red meat, sugary foods and drinks.
(select what you eat from the following food groups -
Vegetables - carrots, peas, broccoli, lettuce, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, onions, cauliflower, celery, spinach.
Cereals - barley, oats, whole wheat, brown rice, multigrain bread.
Pulses - yellow and green moving, chana dal, beans, whole pulses.
Dairy products - skimmed or toned milk, tofu, paneer, yogurt.
Nuts - walnuts, almonds, flaxseeds).
3) control weight - losing weight may help to get your hormones in balance and regulate your menstrual cycle these are the main part of the treatment for pcod.
4) treatment of hirsutism or acne.
5) restoration of regular menstrual cycle, restoration of fertility.
Homeopathic treatment for polycystic ovarian syndrome is very safe and free from any side effects. Homeopathy focuses on treating and curing the root cause of disease. Here are some homeopathic remedies for pcod -
1) sepia - menses are irregular (sometimes too late and scanty or too early and profuse) + bearing down pains from back to abdomen + a ball like sensation in the inner parts + yellowish or greenish leucorrhea + irritable and indifferent temperament.
2) pulsatilla - menses are late and scanty + thirstless and takes little water + mild, gentle and yeilding temperament + changeable moods + suited to young girls in whom the problem starts at puberty.
3) natrum mur - irregular and suppressed menstrual cycles + beneficial for women with difficulty in conception due to pcod + aversion to heat of sun and craving for extra salt in the diet + reserved minded + symptoms gets worse when sympathy offered.
From last 3-4 months my mensuration flow is lesser than normal I used to have. Even on initial days I don't bleed much though pain is normal. Is something serious? Why is this happening?
Hi Doctor. My age is 24 now I am 6 months pregnant. Can I have sex with my husband. I am normal in all the sense. I just want to satisfy my husband. I feel shy to ask this with my doctor. Please answer me.
How to check woman having sexual relationship last six month. If any test please let me know who test name?
I am 3 days overdue of my periods. Today morning I took pregnancy test. It doesn't worked out for me. But I am having small amount of light yellow color discharge. Is it a sign to get my periods?
With viral fever on the rise it is advisable to prevent yourself against dengue and chikungunya. Dengue is caused by a family of viruses that are transmitted by mosquitoes. It is an acute illness of sudden onset that usually symptoms such as headache, fever, exhaustion, severe muscle and joint pain, swollen lymph nodes, and rash. The presence of fever, rash, and headache is particularly characteristic of dengue.
Most common symptoms of dengue are:
Symptoms, which usually begin four to six days after infection and last for up to 10 days, may include
- Sudden, high fever
- Severe headaches
- Pain behind the eyes
- Severe joint and muscle pain
- Skin rash, which appears two to five days after the onset of fever
- Mild bleeding (such a nosebleed, bleeding gums, or easy bruising)
How to diagnose and prevent against dengue?
Diagnosing dengue fever: Blood test to check for the virus or antibodies to it .IgG AND IgM for Dengue Fever.
Prevention against dengue fever:
- Stay away from heavily populated residential areas, if possible.
- Use mosquito repellents, even indoors.
- When outdoors, wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants tucked into socks.
- When indoors, use air conditioning if available.
- Make sure window and door screens are secure and free of holes. If sleeping areas are not screened or air conditioned, use mosquito nets.
Role of Ayurveda in treating dengue:
Ayurveda believes in treating a person as a whole, it means that it focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. Ayurvedic remedies are selected after a full individual examination and case analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient physical & mental constitution, family history, presenting symptoms, underlying pathology etc. An Ayurvedic practitioner tries to treat more than just the symptoms present. The focus is not on curing the disease, but to cure the person who is sick; to restore for health. If a disease pathology is not very advanced homeopathic remedies to give a hope for cure; even in incurable case the quality of life can be greatly improved with Ayurvedic remedies.
Its 7 months after my delivery. Will past natal belt work for reducing tummy now? Mine was a c section delivery.
Hi me and my gf done unprotected sex after the 1 days of her bleeding period. One month over bt still she have not bleeding yet. What can do If she pregnant then which tablets r useful for her? Can she Preganews for pregnancy test?
It is common for most of us to wonder how some celebrities just don't seem to age, both in terms of looks and physique. It is not easy and requires in addition to a lot of hard work, loads of determination and self-constraints to achieve that. however, different bodies react differently to different food items and there is no one size that fits all. Though media claims and promotes various celebrity diet plans, but a word of caution. A detailed physical examination and discussion should be done with your dietician to identify what will work best for you. Listed below are some things that has helped celebrities to lose weight.
- Regular, well balanced meals: It is popular belief and advise that eating regular, small proportioned meals with the right mix of protein, carbs, and fats is the best way to lose weight. Of course, there have to be supplements to this including a good workout regime, reduced alcohol, reduced refined sugars, etc., but most people believe starving to be skinny is not the healthy way to go. Another good rule to follow is the 80/20 rule that is enforce discipline and let 80% of your food be nutritious and 20% can be damaging (chocolate cake included!). Most would also set a daily intake target and keep a count of the calories that are ingested.
- Increased fiber: Be it greens or vegetables, fruits, or dry fruits, added fiber makes you feel full and reduces the amount of food ingested. Atkins diet, which pumps your body with fiber for 3 consecutive days helps by flushing out a lot of toxins and is one of the most widely followed detox diet plans.
- Flush out with Lime Juice: Beginning your day with a glass of lime juice and warm water is supposed to flush out the toxins and reduce weight. Adding ginger and mint is believed to make this work better.
- Replace red meat with chicken: While chicken is believed to increase the protein intake levels, reducing red meat is believed to help reduce weight.
- Do away with the dairy: A lot of dairy products, which forms the main source of proteins, especially for vegetarians is believed to add to the weight. If weight loss is your goal, then dairy should stay out of your food diary.
A lot of celebrities also use natural boosters and suppressants to reduce appetite. Removing alkaline food items from your menu, gluten laden foods, alcohol, refined carbs, are followed as well. Weight loss supplements are another option, but should be used only under supervision and as a last resort. As mentioned, celebrity diet patterns should not be followed blindly. They are highly personalized and seek advice before adapting it.
First time sex krne ke liye kitni der foreplay krna chaiye kya iss doraan female ke private part ko touch kaise krna chaiye?
My question is related to metformin used in gynae. What is their function and side effects? Now she is not pregnant but doctor prescribed metformin in once day. Please guide me.
I am a 21 year old girl. I am sexually active and it has been 10 days since my periods should start but I have not seen any symptoms of periods. What should I do?
I am 41 yrs old suffering from chronic kidney disease under the care of an neprologist for the past 6 years i am having BP under control i take the only medicine is for BP daily two tablets my doctor say on my present condition take it as you are normal i living like a normal person . My problem is while having sex i ejaculate in 30 to 60 sec itself how to over come this problem
It's said that blocked fallopian tube is the most common cause of female infertility in about 40% women. Fallopian tubes are channels through which the egg travels to reach the uterus and blockage of these tubes can put a stop to this from taking place. Depending on the different parts of the tubes, this form of blockage is of several types.
What are the different types of fallopian tube blockages?
- Proximal tubal occlusion: This form of fallopian tube blockage involves the isthmus (an area of about 2 cm long, this part of the fallopian tube connects the infundibulum and ampulla to the uterus). This problem occurs due to complications associated with abortion, cesarean section or PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).
- Mid-segment tubal obstruction: It occurs in the ampullary section of the fallopian tube and is most frequently a result of tubal ligation damage. The procedure of tubal ligation is performed to put a stop to pregnancy permanently.
- Distal tubal occlusion: This is a kind of blockage wherein the section of the fallopian tube that is close to the ovary is affected and is commonly associated with a condition known as hydrosalpinx (a condition in which the fallopian tube is filled with fluid). The latter often happens due to Chlamydia infection, leading to fallopian tube and pelvic adhesions.
The conditions that may give rise to this problem can include:
- Genital tuberculosis (the TB infection that occurs in the genital tract)
- Ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in which the embryo places itself outside the uterus)
- Tubal ligation removal
- Complications related to surgery of the lower abdomen
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Uterine fibroids (benign growths that occur in the uterus)
- Endometriosis (development of uterine tissue outside of the organ)
These disorders can lead to the development of scar tissue, adhesions, polyps or tumors to form inside the pathway. Additionally, the tubes can also get stuck to other body parts such as ovaries, bladder, uterus and bowels. Two things can happen to the fallopian tubes, either they can become twisted or the tubes walls may stick together, leading to a complete blockage. Moreover, even if the fallopian tubes are partially damaged, they can remain open so as to enable pregnancy to occur, while increasing your risk for ectopic pregnancy.