Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shantha FernandoYour feedback matters!
My wife's last period's first day was on 2nd of feb, can you tell me in which period I can do sex without any precautions to avoid pregnancy.
I married for last 2 years. We have no child right now but expecting from last 1 year. My wife aged 24 years had conceived once in nov 2014 but unfortunately it was aborted after some spotting and from now onward my wife has facing some problem with her menstrual cycle, which has disturbed and not regular means once in two month. After consult with somr doctors they have informed that my wife having pcos problem. Please advice, how to overcome this problem.
Im 6 month pregnant. Yesterday night my tummy just pain due to gas I eat sonf later but how to recognize baby movements this is my first pregnancy. please suggest what to do my tummy become tight home remedy.
Holi is one of the most enjoyable festivals in India. It is one that everyone looks forward to and is usually known as the festival of colours because we use colours and coloured water to douse our friends and family in a great display of pomp and show. Also, we tend to get doused and remain that way for many hours, mostly in the sun. As such, Holi can also take a toll on our skin by causing discolouration, rashes and insensitivity. So what should one do in order to avoid coming down with bad skin the day after Holi? Here are our secrets, which will leave you with shining skin even after you have had a great time at the festivities!
- Hydration: It is very important to keep yourself well hydrated before you plunge into the festivities. Remember to drink lots of water and ensure that you have a bottle in hand so that you can easily fill up on fluids even as you enjoy yourself with all the sun rays and the colours. This will ensure that your skin does not become too dry.
- Full sleeve clothing: Another good idea to keep your skin protected is to wear full-sleeved clothing so that you do not tan indiscriminately and you do not end up with too much discolouration and rashes on your skin. Wear light fabrics that will dry fast so that the water does not get absorbed by the clothing and into your skin. This will keep your skin relatively dry, even if you enjoy yourself for hours at an end. Avoid synthetics clothes and denim as they would stick to your skin.
- Organic colours: With the whole world going the organic way, why should our Indian festivals remain behind? So, you can now opt for organic colours that have been produced in a safe way with safe ingredients. These natural pigments will ensure that you do not have to scrub and endure rashes and irritation after the festival. It is a good idea to opt for such colours, which can be washed off easily and are bereft of synthetic materials that can harm the skin in the long run. This can also help in avoiding problems like eczema and other skin conditions.
- Oil your hair: India is a land of rich cosmetic tradition. No matter which direction you look in, you will always find that you have a weapon of choice in terms of oils and other ingredients that are absolutely great for keeping your skin and hair in good shape. So our advice is to oil your hair well, preferably with coconut oil, olive oil, or vitamin E oil, so that the colours and the water does not get absorbed onto your scalp. This will also help in keeping your hair moisturised as the colours can make the strands very dry. Always oil the whole body before playing holi.
- Lips: Apply plenty of lip balm before joining the play of colours.
- Nails: Apply a thick coat of dark nail paint before Holi.
It is important that you must apply oil behind your ears, between your finger tips and even near your fingernails. It is ideal that you don't wax or thread or do any facial treatment, at least, three-four days ahead of Holi. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Hi my age is 26 I am getting irregular periods if I use medicine it will come regular after finishing medicine again same problem occurring what I have to do please suggest me.
We get Innovative & more productive: When we are truly & totally alone, we don’t rely on other people to entertain or otherwise enhance our life experience. Not only it forces us to think differently but we also don’t hold our self back in any way. Result? more new ways of accomplishing a task that we might not even had tried before, had we been working in a group. (Remember the movie & novel The Martian??)
We Work Harder: Remember school & college group projects?? I bet we all had near similar experiences where one or two members of the group put in all the donkeys work on behalf of group of four or five students! This group mentality of being Passive or “someone else will do it or should do it” doesn’t exist when we are alone. And of course, if we don’t do what we are supposed to, we shall be the one's taking the blame. But on the brighter side, when we are totally alone, we are completely free from distractions and can actually focus on getting work done with monomaniacal focus.
We are able to clear our minds better:We all need time to recharge. This happens best during periods of loneliness where we can sit back & objectively think about our problems, projects without the burden of outside opinions. History is ripe with tales of great ideas & inventions springing to life in serenity of solitude.
So next time, we should all welcome the prospect of spending ''that weekend'' or ''that trip'' alone all by ourselves!! Cheers!
My last period was on 21st july. And yesterday I have done my IUI .but the doctor says that the sperms can not be reached into the uterus due to some blockage and the sperms are (washed 14 million sperms) inserted into the cervix. I have taking medicines such as conseval, folic acid, evatone and today onwards duphaston .is there any chance for me to get pregnant?
For a 26 day cycle. Which are the safest day for unprotected sex. And also after I pill intake for the very first time. If one get a bleeding for 2 days. Light bleeding. After 6 days of consuming the I pill. And then gets 2 normal periods after that. Within 34 days gap. So does that mean it is pregnancy. Or NO pregnancy. please reply soon. Response awaited.
I went for a medical check up in may 2016. I am 47 years old. No first degree relatives having breast cancer. My mammogram showed regional puncuated microcalcifications. Since the calcifications were near chest wall radiologist said its not feasible to di biopsy. She suggested MRI and conclusion is fibrocystic disease and birads2. It explains I have no other abnormality. That means I do not have a problem? Is microcalcifications I have is not serious? I was asked to take ultrasound in sep 2016. Fibrocystic changes and it also says no evidence of microcalcifications. So now microcalcifications disappeared? I am worried a lot. Am advised to take A to Z gold capsule one per day and am taking it for the past 5 months. Is it good to take? Please confirm.
I am shweta my period comes just after 10 days what is the reason is I am pregnant or something else please ans me.
I have a lot of hair on my body all around even my stomach and I get severe aches on period days. Please suggest me the ways to reduce the hair as well as the pain I have to bear.
I am suffering with bilateral tubal blockage (corneal blockage) recently. I had conceived but it turn into miscarriage in march 2015 and I had D&C and it was my first pregnancy. Now I want to conceive so please tell me some effective treatment and also the cost.
I am a 20 year old girl. I have recently got to know about masturbation and ended up trying it for the first time. In spite of being gentle, it was a bit painful and also slight bleeding was there. I was afraid whether something is wrong. Now my periods this month have been delayed by a month. I would also like you to know that I had been diagnosed with Anemia previously and even that time my periods were delayed by a month or so. What should I do? Is it something I should be worried about?
Is safe period really safe to have unprotected sex? If yes, when can I have unprotected sex without getting pregnant?
My friend is having a cyst (gaanth) in her chest. Its emotionally distressfull and really painful for her. She is taking meds but the pain is too much. She also suffers from back ache and weakness and stomach ache. Please tell me what should she do?
After unsafe sex means without condom and take unwanted 72 within 1 hr then please tell me this tab is effective or not?
My period is 7 days late, I have swollen breast which is paining in surrounding when I touch it and also have sore nipple, also whenever I consume any meal it create gas into my stomach. according to my research I feel I am pregnant but pregnancy test result is negative should I go and consult doctor or wait for one more weeks.
World Diabetes Day is celebrated on 14 November, each year. It is the primary global awareness campaign for diabetes as it is one of the major problem of today's time. With an upsurge in the number of people suffering from diabetes, the sole aim of celebrating this day is to create awareness about this disease and suggest preventive measures to those who have not acquired it and provide tips to manage it to those who are living with it.
So, here are 15 health tips that will help you manage your diabetes effectively:
- You should quit smoking as it is very bad for diabetic patients. Smoking leads to narrowing of the blood vessels, which reduces proper blood circulation.
- You have to track your exercise patterns. Take actual notes about your exercise habits and make necessary changes based on the record.
- Eliminate fast food from your diet. Avoid eating out at restaurants and avoid taking extra salt, sugar and calories. You should cook your meals at home with light ingredients and less salt and sugar.
- Diabetes severely affects your vision and blindness is and blindness is a serious problem which may occur. Hence, get your vision checked regularly to prevent retinopathy.
- Avoid having quick coffees. Fancy cups of coffee are full of sugar, which lead to glucose and insulin fluctuation in your body.
- You must stay active and fit. This is the most important lifestyle choice for any diabetic patient. By exercising, you will maintain a good shape, your metabolism gets boosted and the insulin production increases as well.
- You should use a pedometer to calculate how much you are moving each day while exercising.
- Try to consume fruits and vegetables. By trying new vegetables and fruits, you will be able to keep your blood sugar under check and see how your body reacts.
- You must increase your amount of fibre intake. Fibre is important for diabetic patients, which keeps the digestive processes to run smoothly. Your cholesterol level decreases and blood sugar levels may reduce if you take enough fibre.
- You should chew gum as it keeps your mouth busy. It makes you crave for less food.
- You should eat on smaller plates. This is a psychological trick which makes you consume less amount of food and your sugar and calorie levels are maintained.
- Before taking any food item or eating out, gather information about them. Learn about diabetes friendly food options at restaurants and check which products you should avoid buying from the market.
- You should get your blood sugar levels checked regularly. You should check it several times a day to learn how your body responds to food.
- Circulation problems may cause issues with your feet, which may lead to a lack of sensation, cuts and scrapes. Check your feet regularly to notice changes.
- Instead of having 2,3 large meals a day, you should take several small meals throughout the day. This will keep your body’s digestive processes active thereby increasing insulin sensitivity.
If a man masturbates on women vagina, without breaking the virginity of women and without inserting the penis into it, so is there a chance of getting pregnant? I mean at the tym of foreplay?
Any kind of dysfunction points to the issues experienced during any stage of the cycle of physical issue that prevents the participants from experiencing any kind of satisfaction from the intimate activities. Though the researches imply that sexual problems are common all across the globe; 43% of women along with 31% of men are affected by some sort of dysfunction; however, it is something that most people are hesitant to talk about. But thankfully enough, most cases of sexual problems can be effectively treated, and can be prevented from occurring again, by sharing your concerns with a qualified doctor. You should consider visiting the doctor along with your partner.
What leads to sexual problems?
Sexual problems can be caused either due to physical or psychological reasons. Many medications and clinical conditions can cause a variety of sexual dysfunctions, and these physical conditions include heart and vascular disease, high levels of blood sugar and blood pressure, any kind of neurological disorder, chronic diseases of the kidneys, liver and lungs, and hormonal imbalances. In addition to this, the side effects stemming from any medicine, including antidepressant drugs, can cast a harmful impact on the sexual desire and its normal functioning. On the other hand, psychological causes refer to the stress caused due to work pressures, anxiety, depression, excessive concern about sexual performance, feelings of guilt, and relationship problems.
What are the common sexual problems?
What leads to sexual problems can cause a wide variety of issues in both men and women. While erectile dysfunction is most commonly found in men, vaginal dryness is the most common issue in women. Sexual dysfunction can take a variety of forms, and it is not plainly confined to the dysfunction or simple disinterest in sex, which is commonly termed as lack of sex drive. It can also involve pain while having sex or an inability to maintain the erection or experiencing pain while getting an orgasm. There are some people who experience excruciating pain during intercourse, which is often accompanied with a burning sensation.
All couples have the right to enjoy a happy and healthy sex life, which can be considered a crucial aspect of any relationship. So, if you are having any kind of difficulty that is interrupting your lovemaking, it is imperative to speak with your doctor to get the right diagnosis, and discuss openly with your partner to find out the ideal solution of your sexual problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.