Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. ShankarnarayananYour feedback matters!
There is pain in my stomach. I always suffer from gas problem. Whenever I eat fatty food, I suffer. Please suggest me nice medicines and ways to get rid of this problem as soon as possible. I will be very grateful to you.
I have bought a week's worth it of pro biotic pills on my own and want to know how many times a day it is best to consume and when. I don't have any serious stomach conditions as such. But I have been taking homeopathy medication for passing excess gas and acidity. And I've read that with consuming these, you lose a few pounds as this helps to fight excess gas and also in better excretion. Doesn't a healthy digestive system boost metabolism which is good for losing weight and a healthy over all lifestyle?
I'm suffering from nasty gas all over my butt coming from. Sometimes poop gone flat suffering from 2year. No allergy sometimes while wipe anus feel like oily.
Does coffee act like a laxative. I'm 65 years old. After a drink of one coffee only I have to go to the bathroom.
I am suffering from acidity problem and constipation and slow digestion. Suggest me what to do? Homeopathic and general medicine.
Anal fissures are the small tears formed in the anal lining. They are also known as anal ulcers. An anal fissure causes a lot of pain and bleeding during your bowel movements. Usually a fissure heals automatically in a few days time. It can be treated with simple home remedies as well.
- You can suffer from an anal fissure if you pass hard and large stools.
- Also strained childbirth or suffering from violent spells of diarrhea might get you an anal fissure.
- Chronic constipation may also be cause of a fissure.
- Other rare causes may be anal cancer, HIV, tuberculosis or herpes.
Individuals of all age groups can suffer from anal fissures. It is not a very serious problem and heals on its own in a few weeks. Although it can heal itself, there are certain treatments which can help relieve the pain you get from an anal fissure.
An anal fissure has quite a lot of symptoms for you to understand what you are suffering from:
- There will be a very visible tear around the anal region. You will be able to spot the tear on the skin very easily.
- A small lump of skin may form next to the tear.
- When you will be undergoing your bowel movements, you will feel a very sharp pain in the anal region.
- You will find spots of blood on the stool passed.
- You will also feel a burning or an itching sensation in the anal region.
Although most fissures do not require treatment, there are a few remedies that will help cure them faster:
- Stool softeners: You get certain medicines at the chemist, which are known for their stool softening functions. These stool softeners help to soften the hard stools and initiates smooth bowel movements.
- Eat fibrous foods: Eat foods rich in fiber like fruits, whole grain cereals, raw vegetables, etc.
- Take warm baths: Take a bath in warm water as it relaxes your anal muscles, helps to relieve irritation in the region, and increases blood flow in the anorectal region.
- Use ointment: Apply nitroglycerin ointments and topical pain relievers to promote blood flow to the anal region and to relieve discomfort from the region respectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.