Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Selvarangan.A.BYour feedback matters!
Do you feel your stomach bloat after meals? If you notice, this doesn't happen after every meal? Only at times. And at other times when you eat specific foods. Well, there are foods cause your stomach to bloat, so the wise thing to do is to know about them and avoid them!
Here are a few of the biggest criminals:
1. Cold drinks: Yes, these carbonated drinks have numerous side effects on your health. One of them is that they bloat your tummy. Beer happens to fall in this category too.
2. Dairy Products: For the lactose intolerant, dairy products are almost like poison. The intolerance can be mild, moderate of severe, but one of the symptoms is gas. You can try to limit your consumption of dairy products.
3. Apples: Apples and pears are known to contain a high percentage of fiber. While they are important for us and should be eaten, if is good to know that they can affect sensitive tummies. Eat bit by bit, and if it helps, peel the skin and then eat.
4. Few Vegies: While they are excellent health foods, asparagus, cabbage and broccoli are the vegetables which cause gas in the stomach, which in turn leads to bloating of the tummy.
5. Sodium: Sodium is also another reason for bloated tummies, so it is advised to limit salt intake.
6. Fast Foods: Fast foods like sausages, fried foods, ice cream, sweetened products , etc are known to cause the belly to bloat.
7. Rice Preparations: Rice is known to swell up inside the stomach once it gets water, hence making the stomach feel bloated.
8. Hard Drinks: Alcohol is also said to add weight near the stomach and make it feel bloated.
Related Tip: What Causes Acidity? Understanding its Symptoms and Causes
My mother is 52 years old. My mother have muscles pain (low intensity) in whole body which remains most of time, during housework. The pain goes when body muscles are pressed via hand. Also, have problem of long term stomach gas due to weak liver and intestine.
I am 38 years female. I am getting pain always in upper stomach. I did all scans but it is normal. Why I am getting this. Bez of gastric.
I'm 20 Yr girl. I have problm of acidity. Usually when I took some spicy food it gives a lot of problm for me ask me how to work out over this problm.
Sir I am suffering from acidity and stomach pain so sir I want to know that what are the natural ways to get relief from this stomach pain pls sir tell the answer thank you.
I suffer from acidity daily. Almost every day I take Pills like Rantac / Dompan / Pan D , etc, once or twice a day. Whenever I stops taking it the next day again the acidity problems starts from early morning. My whole body pains a lot mainly shoulder / and stomach .
I am 82 male no bp no sugar after my surgery for colon cancer 2.5 years ago I am passing mucous sometimes with stools sometime only mucous with blood what is the remedy?
I am 30 years old and suffering from very law pain in my chest. Some time it occure in right and some time in left and even below the hand in my chest in both sides. My coluige told me that it happened from acidity. I take a tablet of acidity and it relaxed me while. Now what can I do.
Gastric 80% is because of lifestyle and only 20% medical condition behind, anyone can prevent it by just few lifestyle changes.
1. Take appropriate amount of water. 8-12 glasses per day
2. Avoid too much of coffee and tea.
3. Avoid fried and junk
4. Avoid aireated drinks
5. Take fruits on daily bases.
6. Do exercise of 15-30 min daily.