Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Selvarangan.A.BYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years old. When I goes for stool. Not fully evacuated my stomach and also feels constipation and ibs.
I have a pain in my anus. I cannot clench my anus because it hurts tremendously. Scared of going to the toilet because it pains when I try to have a first bowel movement. Can't sit due to the pain. Lying down is the most comfortable. Walking hurts for the first ten minutes and I feel a kind of pressure on my anus but after that it gets a little better. No blood in stools. No external signs of any lumps. Apart from the pain it feels a little like something is poking inside. The posterior edge ie away from the scrotum feels a tight and a little hard. Pushing on it hurts a lot. What could this be? I am 42 years old and 70 kg. Not obese but rather sedentary. Thanks for all the help.
Dear sir/madam Me suffering last 2 weeks below neck to full stomach burning, if I will drink water also burning lot me consult once hospital given me some medicine and syrup if I will take medicine that day relief if not take medicine same burning start. Last two days I can't drink water also please give me your valuable suggestions.
IN DIGESTION, BLOATING, GAS & ACID REFLUX with stomach pain (seems to be ulcer) noted for the last seven to eight months so please advise accordingly.
I am 22 years old. Am having right side abdomen problem. For what reason it is coming. please tel me.
My husband has gone through an operation 2 years back where his splin was removed and last years he went through another operation were half of his pancreas from the tail was removed. And he is also suffering from diabetes from last 2 months and from last one he is suffering from sever pain in his stomach due to gastric problem .please suggest your opinion.
I am not able to bear even slightly spicy food.Feeling acid flow up to throat.Please inform reason and possible medication.?
While the very mention of the word ‘Farting’ makes some of you cringe and cover your nose, you can’t ignore the sheer obviousness of the whole process. It is as natural as eating, drinking, sleeping & other daily habits you associate yourself with. Farting occurs mainly when air is trapped within your body. Air might be swallowed during eating or from intestinal gas and chemical reactions in the stomach. In hindsight, farting can be a good thing. Don’t think so?
Here are 5 reasons for you to believe that farting is actually wonderful and not as gross as you think it might be:
- The hydrogen sulphide present in the fart is poisonous and smelly, but if used in small amount, is known to be beneficial in the prevention of heart disorders and strokes.
- The smelling farts containing hydrogen sulphide, which is known to be useful for slowing down the ageing process
- Farting, openly and without inhibition, while being in a relationship can actually be considered as taking a step forward in terms of honesty and comfort in the relationship. If you can share the process with your other half without hesitation and can accept the pungency that comes with it, then the relationship is definitely working well.
- Farting can work as a self-defensive mechanism, as proved by recent researchers.
- Holding your fart for a long time might cause uncomfortable conditions, such as bloated bowel movements and haemorrhoids. No matter how much you hold them, the farts will release themselves once you’re relaxed, especially when you’re sleeping. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I have some problem in stomach and weight is so less and sometimes I get vomiting sensation in early morning while brush previously I wouldn't get may be acidity.
Been suffering from gastric problem from the last 2-3 years. From a week I've been having gas travelling in my left arm. Just wanted to know is it possible for gas to travel in a person's arm? Reply at the earliest would b very helpful.
Sir, almost 15 days my father feeling ill. All over thing is normal but during latrine he fills that huge quantity of blood is releasing from the inner side. With these symptoms he is also feeling pain. What may be it?
I am a 68 years old male. I have an abdominal aortic aneurysm of about 3.9 cm. Can I do all kinds of exercises? What is the relationship between blood pressure and high intensity workout?
One of the most severe illnesses included in the larger group of diseases, is known as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Crohn's disease is typically a long-lasting, chronic condition. The intestine or bowel, most commonly the colon and the lower part of the small intestine, are either marked by sores or get inflamed and ulcerated. It is a common occurrence in adolescents and in young adults.
Types : Crohn's disease is subdivided into five types, each having its own set of symptoms:
- Ileocolitis: The most common type, it affects the colon and the ileum and results in considerable weight loss as well as diarrhea and cramps.
- Gastroduodenal Crohn's disease: People who suffer from this type of disease have their stomach and duodenum affected and many experience symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite and weight loss.
- Crohn's Colitis: This involves only the stomach, and can cause joint pains, rectal bleeding, skin lesions and diarrheas.
- Ileitis: This type of Crohn's disease affects the ileum and the symptoms are identical to those of ileocolitis.
- Jejunoileitis: In this type, the jejunum gets affected and general symptoms include the formation of fistulas, diarrhea, intensive back pain as well as areas of inflammation.
Causes: Although there are many theories about what causes Crohn's disease, none of them have been proven. However, there have been a few possible causes which have been identified. These include:
- Immune system problems
- Genetic disorders
- Environmental factors, such as: a) Certain edibles, b) Viruses or harmful bacteria, c) Smoke.
Symptoms: The primary symptoms of Crohn's disease include the following:
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea is a common problem for people with Crohn's disease and can occur for about 10 to 20 times a day in severe cases.
- Blood in your stool: In rare cases, you might notice blood in the toilet bowl or darker blood mixed with your stool.
- Fever and fatigue: In more intense cases, you may develop a fever. You may also feel tired or have low energy.
- Abdominal pain and cramping: You may experience anything from slight discomfort to severe cramping and intermittent belly pain, including nausea and vomiting.
- Anemia: Due to a reduction in iron level caused by bloody stools a person can turn anemic.
- Reduced appetite and weight loss: Abdominal pain and cramping can affect both your appetite and your ability to digest food, which leads to severe weight loss.
- Perianal disease: Erratic appearance of small tears in the anus are called anal fissures. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.