Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Selvarangan.A.BYour feedback matters!
Dr. I have problems with my sleeping and I cannot sleep well at night and also have gas treble and low Bp at night What I could do.
It seems in my lungs and stomach it is like a burning (fire) but there is a gas problem what can I do for avoiding these problem?
I am 29 year old and I have pain in my back legs when I worked hard from legs like play or run it feels pain in nerve most. Please suggest me what should I do. I also have the havey gastric pain.
I have so much of gastric problem I consult one doctor he gave pantab tablets I can use daily but no use.
Sir mer sine me khana khate samye jalan hoti he or jo bhi khata hu to mere body me nahi lagta he or mera bajn 54 kg hai or age 29 hai
Dear sir as I mentioned in my previous problem about my stomach problem. Again I give you details of problems. Since August 2014 I am suffering from stomach pain. I feel different types of problems on stomach. Like some time pain some time itching inside some time pricking also some time pain back also. And after take food I feel very heavy of stomach. Always I feel full stomach. Here Dr. Giving me so many antibiotics medicine. For long time I used. But pain and pricking still have. At present I am not taking any medicine. Lack of appetite is my very long time problem. I think I have a constipation also. Because I used to go toilet only one time in a day. During my test Dr. Tell me that I have a H. Pilory positive. And severe gastritis. I have less weight as per my weight. Only I have 50 kg weight. Sir please help me to cure my self from gastric and pain an weight loss problem.
This is a disease that affects the large intestine and the rectum. The Ulcerative Colitis refers to the inflammation in the innermost lining of the large intestine. The main function of the large intestine is to absorb water from indigestible food matter in the body before throwing away any waste. Hence, the large intestine is a vital part of our body. If left untreated, the disease increases risk of colon cancer.
- Diarrhea with blood or pus: A person suffering from Ulcerative Colitis is likely to suffer from loose stools accompanied with blood or pus.
- Stomach pain and Cramping: In many cases, patients complain of severe stomach pain and cramping.
- Rectal pain: At times, many patients feel pain while sitting or even after a bowel movement.
- Bleeding from the rectum: Bleeding can be observed while passing stools.
The other complications leading to this disease are kidney stones, swelling of the colon, thickening of intestinal walls and blood infection.
This disease can be diagnosed by several methods. A simple stool test may be done to check out for bacteria and parasites. A blood test to check the level of C-reactive protein helps determine the inflation rate of the body. Endoscopy, colonoscopy, biopsy are some other methods of diagnosis.
- Oral medication: Treatment involves drug therapy or surgery. The first step in treating Ulcerative Colitis will be an intake of anti-inflammatory drugs, but these may have a side effect. Another option is immune system suppressors, which help to bring down the inflammation by suppressing the immune system response. Antibiotics, anti-diarrheal medications, pain relievers are some of the additional drug supplements recommended by doctors.
- Surgery: Surgery plays an important role because this disease is pre-malignant in nature. Depending on the severity of the condition, the medical practitioner may advice surgery. The common methods of surgery are:
- Proctocolectomy and Ileostomy: Proctocolectomy involves removal of the colon in part or whole. Ileostomy is carried out by placing a special bag in the small intestine to collect waste from the body.
- Proctocolectomy and Ileo-anal: Ileo-anal pouch is a bag directly created the small intestine and connected to the anus, for diffusing the stools. As colon is removed Ulcerative Colitis cannot re-occur.
Precautions after surgery
It is very important that the patient takes healthy, sufficient and nutritious food so that bowel movement can be carried out with ease and zero strain. The patient has to restrict lifting of heavy grocery, mowing the lawn, any physical activity that can strain the abdomen and related areas.
I am suffering with burning sensation while going motion nd bleeding while motion not at the time of menses but every time.
Diabetic patient with IBS. Sometimes constipation sometimes diarrhoea. Cannot tolerate curd or all types of vegetables except a few. I want to get free advice from any ayurvedic doctors or homeopathic doctors. Also want to know which type of Pranayam I should practice every day and no of times.
Always have a pain in my stomach when ever I eat anything. Multiple calculus are seen in lumber, larger size 1.62 cm.can gallbladder stone dissolve by medicine.
What I do iam having gastric trouble please help me And digestion problem and also having head attack please help me.
acidity was came and it will be savior daily. While taking tablet it was in some control Can you please suggest what to do.
I am 25 years male I have stomach disorder am not able to bowl properly in the morning. I have to go bathroom 2-3 in the morning. So please guide me. thanks.
I am unable to eat anything whole day. I drink cold coffee, red bull, n ice teas n masala sodas whole day. And whenever I try to eat, diarrhoea happens in 5 to 10 mins of eating or vomiting in 1 or 2 hours of eating. Sometimes vomit happens without eating. Secondly I got very weak. I can't stand for 5 mins continuously and can't walk much. Please help me with this.
I have indigestion problem from 3 month's. I feal like my stomach is burning all day and nausea sometimes. I have consulted 3 doctors and did ultrasound and liver function test but all the reports wear normal. My body is producing extreme amount of gas so when ever I try to sit in a room which is having less ventilation I feel like I will vomit.
Hello Doctor. Usually mucus come from chest from 8 months and yesterday I got ultrasound test and found grade 1 diffuse hepatic stenosis in my liver. So I would like to ask that such liver is the cause of my phulgum.
I have a problem since my childhood in my liver as it consume gas what ever I eat, as I eat in every 2 hours and take maximum precautions as possible but still it occurs, most of the time my head stays heavy and it makes me very week, since childhood I have taken many medicine but still problem persist, please help.
Inflammatory Bowel Disease needs to be controlled in the initial stage only so that severe symptoms can be prevented. There are a few easy treatments that need to be followed for getting instant relief and quickest recovery.
What are the commonest signs of Inflammatory Bowel disease?
- Fatigue and fever: Low-grade fever can be experienced, which might invite fatigue, tiredness and weakness. Your energy levels will become too low, and thus you will lose your concentration to work.
- Diarrhea: This is regarded as the commonest signs of all, and it can be quite severe in a few cases.
- Stool with blood: If you find blood with stool, then it is a serious case, and this sign confirms clearly that you have got IBD.
- Cramping and abdominal pain: Ulceration and inflammation within digestive tract might invite both cramping and abdominal pain. Vomiting and nausea are the other two symptoms that are associated with the same.
- Weight loss: Your digestive system can get disturbed as a result of which you might lose weight on a frequent note. On the other hand, your appetite will get disturbed, and you will suffer from malnutrition.
What are the best ways to treat Inflammatory Bowel disease?
- Lifestyle change: Proper diet should be maintained, and you should include foods with low fats, high fiber and others. Non-spicy and non-dairy foods are quite suitable in this case. Smoking, alcohol drinking and other bad habits should be curtailed from the diet. Eat healthy and drink water in abundance.
- Surgery: Only for dealing severe conditions, especially ulcerative colitis and crohn's disease, surgery is chosen as the best option but this decision is normally taken by the doctor.
- Medications: Specialized medications are being used like anti-diarrhoeal medications, pain relievers, and iron supplements, Vitamin-d and calcium supplements, vitamin-12 supplements and many more.
- Home remedies: There are few commonest homemade therapies that can treat IBD, and they are meditations, probiotics, acupuncture, turmeric, aloe Vera, fish oil and others. These remedies are the safest of all, and thus no side-effects will be faced.
- Doctor's assistance: Without doctor's help, you will not be able to get the quickest recovery from IBD. Therefore, you got to visit the clinic regularly in order to get the perfect treatment. There are a few therapists who can help you to get rid of unwanted emotional difficulties. A support group can also be joined for receiving moral support. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.