Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Selvam M D
Submit a review for Dr. Selvam M DYour feedback matters!
I am 42 years suffer from stomach problem local doctor diagonised as colitis suggest me how can I recover from this disease.?
Hi Doctor, My Details:- Gender: Male Age: 37 years Status: Married Weight: 56 Kgs I'm facing this re-curing problem of anal fissures due to constipation for last 8-10 months. One doctor (General Medicine) from Apollo Clinic, had advised me to take fruits with banana two times a day and predominantly stay on veg diet (less masala in food preparation) with occasional non-veg since as per her it’s a lifestyle issue. And in case, if the pain returns, I have to take Cremaffin 2-3 times after having food and Rifagut 200 mg (2 times). Her advice and prescription worked well. But last week, I had non-veg for 2 days at a stretch, after which the pain returned and I took Cremaffin 2-3 times after having food and Rifagut 200 mg (2 times), but the pain is still there. Can you advise me any other antibiotic in place of cremaffin as I suspect it got immune to my body. Thanks Best Regards,
Abdominal Pain after sex. Had Unprotected sex 1 week ago. No sign of bleeding or any change in body yet. Am I pregnant.
Hello, I am felling pain in left as well as right of my lower abdomen sometimes it pain in back of abdomen too. The left and right lower abdomen pain like hell sometime. I had my period on 5th of sep on this month. And previous months (August) I didn't gt my period, may be because I was under going medication of allergic asthma. Now from last 10-15 days I am felling this pain. Previous I never gt any pain like this.
I am 38 years old and having gastric problem since last 10 years, I have been consuming the omez tablet before food for the past 10 years. One tablet per day. Consulted so many doctors for the same but still not cured. Is there any treatment for this, please advice on the same.
I am 48 years old still not married bcos of family responsibility. I have some issues as acidity, gas trouble, headache, feeling high blood pressure and could not sleep properly. Please advice.
For the last few months I have been experiencing a gurgling sound in my lower abdomen accompanied by bouts of heaviness. I got all relevant tests including liver, kidney and ultrasound done but all were clear. Tried many medicines like Pantocid etc but relief was temporary. For some days I have shifted to homeopathy and am taking BC 25. Incidentally I have COPD as well for which I do deep breathing exercises, but feel hampered by the heaviness .Could this be a combination of respiratory and gastro issues.
I am a 23 years old male from Hyderabad. I usually have spice food, so sometimes it takes time to digest and sometimes I have chest pain because of acidity. Gas tablets give some relief to sometime, but not for more time. Is there any solution for better digestion.
Curd is a staple in every household in India; whether it is served with piping hot parathas or by itself after a meal. The simple food item is packed with a number of nutrients and helps in increasing the health benefits in your body.
Here are a few reasons why you should be eating curd, almost every day:
- Probiotics help in digestion: Curd, being rich in probiotics (good bacteria), improves digestion as it kills all the harmful bacteria in the digestive tract and aids the proliferation of good bacteria. Probiotics also help in the prevention of various digestive issues such as cramps, bloating and abdominal pain caused due to Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Promotes weight loss around the belly: A hormone called cortisol, also called the ‘stress hormone’ persuades the fat cells to produce more fat around your belly area. Consuming a cup of curd daily increases the amount of calcium in your body which limits the release of cortisol, thus, helping you lose weight. Curd also retains one-third of lean muscle mass which helps you maintain your physique post those dropped kilos for a longer time.
- Curd strengthens your immunity system: A cup of curd is loaded with good bacteria which is essential for fighting off germs, thereby making your immune system stronger and more persistent. Making curd a part of your daily diet is a great idea as it is effective in preventing yeast infections around the vaginal area.
- Toughens up your skeletal system: Like all dairy products, curd is rich in calcium which is necessary for strong bones and teeth. Apart from calcium, curd is rich in phosphorous and together, they quicken the bone growth process and helps in preventing arthritis and osteoporosis.
- Helps in improving cardiovascular health: Eating curd helps in improving cardiovascular health as it discourages the spread of cholesterol around the arterial area, thus, reducing the risks of a coronary disease. Curd reduces hypertension which is a pre-cursor to most heart ailments. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.