Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SelvakumarYour feedback matters!
I am aged 64 and retired person spending time at home. I have gastic prfoblem i. E. Release of gas is very frequent. What should I do to reduce this and also the bad smell from it. Also suggest a way to reduce my bulging belly ?
Since few days I am experiencing weird irritation and severe pain in my anal and it bleed too. N when I check I saw small lumps Is it anything serious? I do have constipation.
Constipation with gastritis and occasional Acidity. bowels not cleared, some tendency of motion in upper abdominal, stomach not cleared. Sleep disturbed due to tension. My age 65 years (male) Kindly suggest remedy. With regards.
Drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water is said to be good for health. When I drink one glass of water my stomach feels bloated and also sometimes feels like vomiting. Please suggest me how much water should I drink a day and also at what interval. Please rply soon.
I had liver cirrhosis 3 years back now I am much ok please tell medicine or anything else which made liver more strong.
One of my relatives is suffering from fatty liver and his bilirubin has increased to 13.1. What should we do?
Having gastric problem since from 10 years. Managing myself with homeo medicines. How to come out this health problem.
Can melatonin 3 mg at night 30 minutes before bed time can cure acid reflux? Please reply as I have researched it on the internet.
He use to drink alcohol .but now he stopped drinking it since one year. Then last week he had some continuous beer. And then he got a lot gastric problems and continuous motions .i want to know whether there is any problem.
I was suffering from stomachpain due to gas how to remove the gas from my stomach please tell me to remove my stomachpain.
Hello sir/mam good evening ,actually I am suffering with fissures, recently I am cured by this problem, again I am doubting that is occurring again ,so what precautions I have to take, please help me in this.
I am 59 years old suffering from IBS along with piles , the bleeding was heavy but it stops and starts again and again frequently I am having pain as well as burning sensation too after motion is passed. Secondly I am also suffering from ring worm type of fungus on my face it gives a lot of burning sensation too I had gone to a skin specialist he gave MFSONE to apply when applied it subsides but reoccurs the next day or after two days , kindly advice whom to contact and is the remedy for this.
Peptic ulcers are sores that develop in the lining of the stomach, lower esophagus, or small intestine (the duodenum), usually as a result of inflammation caused by the bacteria H. pylori, as well as from erosion from stomach acids. Peptic ulcers are a fairly common health problem.
- Heredity – Patients with peptic ulcer often have a family history of the disease, this is particularly so with duodenal ulcers which develop below the age of 20 years. The relatives of chronic ulcer patients have three times the expected number of ulcers.
- Helicobacter pylori – This is the most important etiological factor in peptic ulcer disease, accounting for 90% of duodenal ulcers and 70% of gastric ulcers. By causing gastritis it reduces the resistance of the gastric mucosa to attack be acid and pepsin and a gastric ulcer may result.
- Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS) – These damage the gastric mucosal barrier and are an important etiological factor in up to 30% of gastric ulcers.
- Smoking – confers an increased risk of gastric ulcer and to a lesser extent duodenal ulcer.
- Abdominal pain
- Hunger pain
- Night pain
- Episodic pain/ Periodicity
- Loss of appetite
Homeopathic Treatment For Peptic Ulcers
Homeopathy offers some very good medicines for peptic ulcer disease. But for a homeopath, the symptoms of the disease are much more important than the ulcer itself. This is because to select the right medicine a homeopaths needs to differentiate between the finer presentations of a disease which, vary from person to person. A homeopath not only tries to heal the ulcer but also tries to remove the general predisposition to acquire it. The homeopath not only tries to find ‘What is wrong?’, but also ‘Why it went wrong?’; ‘Where it started going wrong?’; ‘How it evolved to the current stage?’ etc. To find the answers to all these questions, a homeopath tries to gather as much information as possible regarding the pat and present medical history of the patient, his/her family history, his/her general physical and psychological characteristics etc. This hard work on the part of homeopath not only helps in removing the acute symptoms and the ulcer but also is usually able to remove the tendency for relapse. The ‘on-again/off-again’ nature of the disease is often removed and the general health of the person also improves as a result.
Homeopathic Medicines for Stomach Ulcers
- Argentum Nitricum – One of the best Homeopathic medicines for stomach ulcers with radiating pains
- Nux Vomica – Highly effective among Homeopathic medicines for stomach ulcers where eating worsens pain
- Kali Bichromicum – One of the most wonderful Homeopathic medicines for ulcers in stomach
- Lycopodium Clavatum – One of the effective Homeopathic medicines for stomach ulcers with bloated abdomen
- Carbo Veg – One of the known Homeopathic medicines for stomach ulcers