Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Selva KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 38 years old male and suffering from frequent dysentery since 3 months used norfloxacin+tinidazole, ciprofloxacin+tinidazole, ofloxacin+ornidazole but till now it is not completely cured please help?
Sir I have digestion problem, when I eat something my stomach has sound and need to go recently bathroom and I can not able to digest anything, nowadays I feel very week ang energy less, and I found of drink milk but now I can not digest 250 gm milk, please sir suggest me please.
My stomach is bloating. Suggest some methods for a flat stomach please. Im 22, 5 ft 5 inch weighing bout 65 kgs.
Sticky moist feeling in anus sometimes itching, burning after latrine. From 3-4 days. Chronic acidity and indigestion.
Hi My daughter is 80 days old and she has continuous diarrhea from 2 days. Doc suggest to give prepro powder but still no use. She use to go after having milk. Please suggest Wat to do next for immediate solution.
I am feeling pain in stomach and extreme gas release these days. I was diagnosed ibs 3 years ago and was on mild medication. Presently facing stomach bloating and extreme constipation. I have undergone colonoscopy in 2012 and the report was normal. I am afraid of information regarding colon cancer and all in internet. Please suggest me what to do.
I have 28day menstrual cycle. My due date was 1feb. I have all the symptoms of pregnancy like dizziness, nausea, fatigue, back & abdominal pain. I started bleeding today but its not heavy as always. I am worried that can it be implantation bleeding?
I have a chronic constipation since childhood I have a fistula operation in 2004 after that I am fine Dr. advise me to take liquid paraffin 3-4 years I take liquid paraffin but after that I am addict to paraffin without taking paraffin not able to pass stole, after that I try ayurveda but sane results when I take medicine everything is fine but when not take problem persist after that I try homeopath but same results, in the year 2011 I have a jaundice, since last 2 years my problem is worsen I have a lot of gas problem with the problem of constipation also now a days m taking triphala churna at night, I'm very depressed pls suggest me some treatment whether I go for endoscopy colonoscopy or ultrasound whether this is liver problem because of jaundice in the past or anything other. I am very afraid since last year when my father was diagnosed with the liver cirrhosis. Pls suggest me what to do whether I have a liver cirrhosis or not.
Hello doctor, I have problems in Stomach bug, pus, mucus Cramps and bloating, flatulence and fatigue. For 3 days. Please advise.
My wife is in her thirties, is having acidity problem for some weeks now, earlier she used to take antacids like gelusil, reflux forte and this would help, but problem seems acute after doctor check up for some 3 weeks she is taking pan d, antacid syrup, as per advise taking care of food, avoiding sour curd & citrus fruits, avoiding hot milk, having normal, less spicy food, but she still has gas coming from mouth, not feeling completely cured, and has some itching in oesophagus, request you to guide & advise whether another medicines, need to be taken, or whether her currents food intake is ok or do you have any other advise on food habit/ diet? please help as she is wants to get well normal soon.
I underwent a massage treatment in ayurveda that gained me 4 kg weight and changed my eating habits after which I started experiencing more irregular periods that came only 3 months once. The last time (3 months ago) when I got my period I had a fleshy chunky discharge that was 2 inches long. Then I experienced so much of pain in my lower abdomen. Now I am experiencing pain during my bowel movements. And I did not get my next periods till now. Should I wait till everything becomes normal? Or should I get immediate medical assistance? Is there any natural home care that I can follow. For your further information I am a virgin.
4 Superfoods and home remedies to get rid of acidity
Excessive secretion of stomach acids brings about the problem of acidity with heartburn and dyspepsia being its common symptoms. There are foods as well as home remedies that can help you to get rid of this problem.
Some of them are:
1. Bananas - Being an excellent source of potassium, this fruit helps to keep acid production in balance. Moreover, certain elements in bananas aid in increasing the production of stomach mucus that helps to protect the organ from adverse effects of excessive acid production. Even its high fiber content promotes digestion, preventing the occurrence of acidity once again.
2. Ginger - Consuming ginger can help to bring about a significant improvement in digestion, superior absorption as well as proper assimilation of important nutrients. This root is helpful in protecting your body from stomach ulcers by enabling mucus production, thereby decreasing the negative effects of acid on the stomach.
3. Melons - Melons are also extremely good for fighting acidity. They have a pH of 6.1 and can be had as whole or as fruit juice. Whether it is watermelons or honeydew, these are refreshing fruits filled with nutrients. Each bite of a watermelon, for instance, contains high levels of Vitamins A, C, and B6, amino acids, antioxidants and lycopene as well as potassium.
4. Mint leaves - Even mint leaves are helpful in slowing down the acid buildup in the stomach while improving digestion. Its cooling effect can help to cut down the pain as well as burning sensation associated with acid reflux.
In addition to having these foods, there are certain home remedies that you can try for fighting acidity:
- It's wise to have your last meal about 2-3 hours before your bedtime to allow time for digestion of the food matter.
- You should always have your meals at regular fixed intervals. Keeping too wide a gap between meals can cause you to suffer from acidity.
- To curb instances of acidity, it's best to avoid spicy foods and caffeinated beverages.
- Having a glass of lukewarm water daily can also help in combating acidity.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.