Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SathyaYour feedback matters!
I have too much of itching in my anus, especially after I pass out stool in the morning, motion is always clear, no constipation etc, I am a vegetarian, I do put for relief quadriderm ointment but no significant relief.
During my regular health checkups I had observed following results for gall bladder during abdomen scan for last 3 years 2015: Normally distended wall is regular, evidence of calculi noted in the lumen measuring 3 mm. In the lumen no evidence of pericholecystic fluid noted. 2016: Normally distended wall is regular, No evidence of calculus/perfuid noted. Shows four polyp measuring around 2-3 mm 2017: partially distended with hperechoic foci along the wall s/o cholecterosis. So every year I am seeing somewhat different observations. Not sure what to make out from the scans.
I am farting one hour after lunch and goes on till 9 pm. Sometimes it is stinking bad. Sometimes it lasts for 10 to 15 seconds. I am a vegetarian and manage a good nutritionally balanced diet. I mean my food palette has all colours possible. Practically all Vegetables and fruits I can gather in Hyderabad. India. I drink couple of pegs a day. I walk 10 miles a day. Recently quit smoking after 30 years of habit. Ensure my food contains soluble fibre. I have no constipation. Suggest how to stop farting.
My sugar is fasting 126 pp 153 I feel so week and fall down on road and feel exhausted I am working women pls advise in this regard I am taking glycomet sr 500 twice.
Hi After breakfast I have bowel movement always. Is a cause of worry. Before breakfast I do have a satisfactory bowel movement.
When I eat anything/ lunch / dinner then I feel acidity gas problem and I always face my back pain so please give me solution.
My pancreas is damaged and my sugar levels r high around 270 300 after taking insulin 2 times human acrypid so how to control sugar levels.
Hi. I am effected with pancreatic division. Doctor said no. Alcohol should be taken. But what about bear.
I have severe gastric problem in my stomach what can I do to get rid off, and I am not able to eat anything ,if I eat something I can not bear the burning and pain in the stomach, ,what can I have to get rid off from this, even my muscles have some pains because of this gastric trouble, please suggest me something.
I am 21 years old male. I have lower back pain. The pain is more pronounced whenever I wake up in the morning. Ultrasound report say that a lot of gas is seen in bowel loops. Earlier I had consulted about two to three doctors they always prescribed painkiller and gas tablets with work for few days and the pain restarts after that.
I am suffering from anal pain for about 2 years and chronic diarrhoea please help me what should I do?
It is an extremely embarrassing situation to have a bladder leakage. Social life could be altered, with reduced socialising for fear of losing control in the presence of others. Though not discussed frankly, it is an extremely common issue and about 25 million people in the United States suffer from this, with 75% of these being women.
Treatment depends on the type of incontinence, such as stress, urge, overflow, functional, or mixed. It starts with least invasive methods like lifestyle changes moving over to surgical approaches.
Ways to manage it
With trips to the toilet increasing considerably when you have urinary incontinence, simple measures can help manage leakage.
- Bladder training: Train your bladder to control the urge for another 10 minutes. This happens by voluntarily contracting the muscles and holding up the urge to go to the toilet. Gradually, it will help increase the frequency of the visit to 4 to 6 hours.
- Scheduled toilet trips: Whether or not there is an urge, visit the toilet every 4 to 6 hours.
- Double emptying: Even after you have voided, force yourself to void one more time. The residual urine, which is almost always present in the bladder, also gets emptied.
- Food/diet modifications: Stress incontinence is worsened by alcohol, spicy foods, acidic foods, and caffeine. Avoiding these can help reduce bladder leakage.
- Kegel exercises: The simple repetition of contracting the pelvic floor muscles, holding it in place, and releasing it can do wonders for strengthening the pelvic floor. This can be done anywhere and any time of the day and is very effective for improving bladder control.
- Catheters: These can be used if the incontinence is short-lived; the person would need to learn how to safely insert and remove it.
- Absorbent pads and medical devices: The absorbent pads are helpful in preventing embarrassment during social situations. On the other hand, medical devices like pessary are inserted into the vagina to support the bladder neck and thereby prevent leakage from the bladder.
- Drugs: Anticholinergics/antimuscarinics are useful to control a leaking bladder. Botox injections can help paralyse the overactive bladder muscles and provide a solution. Topical oestrogen may be used in small amounts to improve tone and reduce incontinence. Alpha blockers are also used in some people with good results. There are muscles that relax the bladder and increase the amount of urine it can contain.
- Surgery: In the event that all these measures are not useful, surgical correction is possible. Sling procedure where an artificial mesh is used to support the urethra. Bladder neck suspension is where the bladder neck is given support to prevent leakage. If there is a pelvic organ prolapse, that is corrected to rectify the bladder leakage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.