Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SathishYour feedback matters!
Best ayurvedic doctors for treatment of stage 2 cancer T3N0 after surgery but not take chemotherapy pls advise.
What is cancer and Which part of body most effects from cancer? What are pre symptoms of cancer and How to protect of it? What must be do to cancer patient and what never do.
Recently for the first time experienced breast milk she has been undergone family planning surgery at the age of 28 years has 2 children. Recently had a breast infection with pus formation. And have taken antibiotics for same. Now she's concerned about the unusual breast milk for the first time is it common or to be taken to Dr? Please answer.
Hello I am from dhaka, bangladesh. My mother (54 years) was diagnosed with lung cancer 4th stage (metastatic adenocarcinoma) one month ago. She was going through dry cough for like 3 months so further investigation like biopsy confirmed it's lung cancer. But we didn't rely on our country's (bangladesh) report. So we went to apollo specialty hospital, chennai, india an ran pet ct scan followed by tapping as she had fluid in her lungs and then again biopsy. This time during the biopsy, my mother caught pneumothorax. So the doctor admitted her to emergency and inserted a tube in her backside. They called it drainage system. This will let the fluid come out of her lungs along with air that entered through pneunothorax. They kept the tube for 3/4 days and then released it. Now the doctor asked to do the chemotherapy. I get scared whenever I hear about chemotherapy. Is it the only way out? will this chemotherapy be effective for a long time? I did few researches over internet about the survival rate of lung cancer patient and it seems to be very low. Now I will write you the comments of pet ct scan and biopsy. 1. Pet ct scan: a) hypermetabolic primary mass in lingula b) hypermetabolic pleural metastases with effusion in left hemithorax. C) hypermetabolic metastatic paraaortic with non fdg avid left hilar nodes. D) no other demonstrable metabolically active disease in whole body survey. F) imaging is suggestive of bronchogenic malignancy in lingula segment of left lung with nodal and pleural metastases (t2an2m1a- stage iv) 2. Biopsy report: a) biopsy from left lung mass: consistent with adenocarcinoma, grade ii: ct guidedbiopsy from left lung mass. So what do you think, is it controllable? it is very worse? I want her to live. What kind of chemotherapy would you suggest? apart from chemo, is there any other way to treat or control it along with the chemo? I heard there is some drug called terceva. Internet says it treated their fourth stage cancer. I don't know but I am seeking your help regarding this
My mother in law 63 age is facing breast cancer 4th stage. I just wanna know can we eat food cooked by her, my 3 years baby is too close to her that he eat food or fruits especially cut or cooked by her. please aware us. It's important to us.
I am looking for prostate gland operation of my father. Can you give me rough estimate of cost and no of days hospitalization ?
Doctor my aunt is suffer from last 4 days I don't know which disease it is but it's look like a tumor which is at chest below to left Brest it look yellowish ready hard muscle or like tumor. At earlier their is no pain but still it become very painful by this time entire Brest is paining now .she is using castor oil but isn't giving good result .Please help n suggest us.
I want to built up body and increase muscle tones, last 5 years was very drastic for me because in 2010 I was diagnosed in case of blood cancer and due to this my immune system is very low but now the case of blood cancer has resolved but the still remain the same. I want to make my body fit and muscular. What should you suggest me do or which supplement you provide for this? Please take this matter very seriously and its a great request from you to help me. Thank you!
Why prostate gland grow larger, cause behind this. What are the precautions to be maintained before the occurrence of the disease.
Hi Being 78 years of age suffering from 9I0 Prostatic Problem and (ii) Rt Kidney calculi, one calculi is stuck in ureter thus highly infecting the kidney with Pain I am a Sr Gp "A" officer retired from Govt. Of India and hold a CGHS Card valid for whole life. Not suffering from any other prob like BP, Sugar etc. Seek urgent remedial process / action pl.
Dear Sir I am diabetic since 2007.I also have mildly enlarged prostrate.I have developed neurotropy in my both feet. I am under treatment for all these ailments.I had developed potts spine in 2009.But it is cured after a long treatment. I am 70 years old.But I maintain good physique and look less than my age.I have suddenly gone weak in my marital relations. I have erectile dysfunction. These have developed recently for the past three years. Kindly suggest me remedy for the dysfunction and if possible diabetes and prostrate. My average sugar is under control. Hoping to get some miraculous treatment from your institution.
I am 49 year old operated for sigmoid colon cancer with t2n3mx on 4april 2013 folloed by folfox 6 chemo for six month with twelve setings and completed chemo on 5oct2013 this is followed by review after ever three month with cea cect abdomin colonoscopy memograhy and the trend of cea in last 21 month is 4.2, 3.9, 3.7, 3.7, 2.9, 3, 3, 3, cect on 4april and ultrasoud on 2 july stable how long I have to continue with this and what are my future prospects thanks.
I am 28 years old male I am suffering from night fall since 2 months. Second I have small hard protrusion on my prostate which see white in colour from last one year.
Science has advanced a lot through the ages. Doctors have also succeeded in curing many diseases in this time. But even with one of the most advanced technologies, they still haven’t found a fool proof way to cure cancer. Even out of the many types of cancer, blood cancer is the worst among them. You surely wouldn’t want to get into such a situation. Would you? The best way out of blood cancer is never to get one. To prevent it you can take care of a few things:
- Maintaining proper body weight: Although you can’t do much to prevent cancer, you must ensure that you maintain a healthy body weight. This implied that your BMI should be normal (healthy weight) so that you have a good chance of fighting it. It has been said by many leading institutions worldwide as the best way to prevent cancer. One can maintain proper body weight by making sure they exercise every day for at least 30 minutes and also maintain a well-balanced diet. This would help you maintain a healthy body weight.
- Reduction in the consumption of calorie dense food: Not only because calorie dense foods like cold drinks increase your weight, the sugar mixes with your blood and thus is difficult to transport through the body. Thus they add a lot of impurities to the body and must be avoided for the best interests in your effort to fight cancer. The worst fact about calorie dense foods is that you can easily consume 1000 – 2000 calories long before you can satisfy your hunger. Thus, it also defeats your first preventive measure to avoid cancer.
- Staying away from harmful chemicals like pesticides: You might not know it and be happily spraying pest control sprays everywhere without a proper mask thinking you will make the pests go away. What you don’t know is that those pesticides are harmful for your blood and one should avoid them. To increase the probability of winning against blood cancer, it’s vital to keep this in mind.
- Consulting a doctor from time to time: One should always go and visit a medical practitioner from time to time so that they can maintain proper health. Furthermore, if you see symptoms like fever, frequent infections, night sweating, swollen liver with abdomen pain, enlarged lymph nodes (they are usually painless), then be sure to go to a medical practitioner. Always remember that prevention is better than cure. Thus one should try to prevent blood cancer not cure it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
A21×7 sized and 18×6mmsized lymph node seen in right and left axilla respectively with fatty hilum likely reactive. Both breast are composed of thickened fibroglandular parenchyma & fibro fatty storma, increased in proportion of this age and pArity. Can it be a risk of breast cancer. please help me. I am feeling pain and tightness in breast with acute fever.
I'm a 20 year old female and for the last 5-6 years (since I was about 14) I've been experiencing constant left breast pain. The pain can always be felt to some degree, although some days it's worse than others. The breast feels bigger and fuller than the right one and is painful, especially when I'
The skin has the largest surface area and is most exposed to the external environment. This exposure causes a lot of wear and tear, and one of the worse complications including melanoma, which is a form of skin cancer. Read on to know about its causes, caution signs to stay alerted and how to take care of the skin.
The skin has cells known as melanocytes which give it the color. Generally, the more the number of melanocytes, the darker is the person’s complexion. This pigment is also present in skin, hair, nails, and eyes. The moles are skins are areas of higher concentration of these cells. Africans moles can be a precursor to melanoma, but not all moles turn to melanoma.
- Exposure to ultraviolet rays from the sun. Fair-skinned people are at greater risk than darker complexioned people. A single sunburn experience can also increase the risk of developing melanoma
- Use of tanning beds, especially in people below 30, ups the risk of melanoma. Indoor tanning beds is classified as having the highest record by WHO
- Family history
- Ethnicity, with Hispanics at the greatest risk and African-Americans at the least risk
- For those who have risk factors for developing melanoma, a monthly self-exam is advisable. A formal annual exam with a dermatologist is also advised. This will help in early identification of the condition and lead to early treatment and containment.
- Melanoma is not restricted to the skin, can also occur in feet, eyes, and scalp
- Use a mirror to check all over the body
- If you have moles, watch for change in their size, shape, and regularity. Any change should be immediately checked for.
- If you see any new irregularities on the skin anywhere, get medical attention.
- Any sore that has not healed
- Any swelling that is near the mole or has not regressed
- Change in sensation including itching or pain
- A quick way to remember is to check for ABCDE: Asymmetry of the lesion, irregularity of the borders, change in color, diameter greater than six mm, and speed of evolution. Watching for these can help in early diagnosis.
Melanoma is directly linked to sun exposure, and so reducing sun exposure and taking adequate precautions can help in prevention.
- Avoid or reduce exposure to sun
- Use sunscreen religiously. The SPF should be at least 30 and should be reapplied every two hours
- Use a hat or cap, sunglasses, and cover up when out in the sun
- Be extra careful when out on the beach or in the mountains
- Avoid sun if possible between 10AM to 4PM
- Use tan removal agents after a sun exposure
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.