Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. SathishYour feedback matters!
Last week I fell down thrice while filling the water once frontside second time backside I could experience a shake in my body am diabetic and using medicines regularly I experience I slight termor and numbness in my left foot. Please tell me the remedies.
Hi my father is paralysed since 8 months due to brain hemorrhage and still treatment is continuing by neurosurgeon but they still unable to talk properly and not able to walk alone can you anyone please suggest me which treatment can I provide them. Note: right side paralysed.
Wat to do with migraine headache. Is there a permanent solution to it, if I start getting a migraine attack it will continues till I get a night sleep, sound not concentrate on work, if I see light it's more irritated.
I am suffering from epilepsy and get attacks minimum twice a month. I am not getting a good result from the medicine prescribed to me currently. What can I do to get cured?
I've insomnia from past few months. I can't sleep for many days in spite of taking sleeping pills. Please recommend me a good remedy which is in effect when put to proper use. Thank you.
My mother suffered with brain stroke affects right leg + right hand + speech issue is also there. please suggest me what to do?
Is there any home medicine for migraine related vertigo. I am having motion sickness when walking and my doctor specified its migraine related vertigo. Is this causes tiredness and bitterness in mouth too?
I'm suffering from CTS since 4 months. Numbness, shoot like feeling and pain in my hand. I can't sleep whole night and in day I can't work so any solution and I have too thyroid.
A migraine is one of the worst form of headache. It is reported that over 90 percent of people who suffers from a migraine are unable to work. The intense pain totally makes them vulnerable. A mammoth 113 million workdays are wasted globally due to this problem. This being said, if the pain is slowly starting to set in, it is possible to manage it at the workspace.
Here is a convenient guide to do just that:
1. Pain Medication: If you are a migraine patient, it is likely that you have your migraine medication with you. The first step is to try the medication. If on the other hand, the medication is not available basic painkillers can be given a shot to manage the pain. Basic pain medications, such as ibuprofen are easily available over the counter and are capable of providing temporary relief.
2. Educate co-workers: Despite awareness about migraine pain, many organisations continue to turn a deaf ear about the problem. Instead of fighting with the whole organisations, it makes sense to educate your immediate colleague about a migraine. All you require is 1-2 people who have your back.
3. Control the environment: With the onset of the pain, it becomes more and more difficult to resume work. Few environmental changes such as adjusting the monitor to the eye level, using a sachet of odour neutralizer and switching off the nearest light will help you to manage the pain for few hours.
4. Staying hydrated: Migraine tends to increase multifold if the body is not hydrated. It is, therefore, essential to drink as much water as you can. Apart from water few other drinks such as lime juice and green tea can be of great assistance to hold the pain back for quite some time.
5. Small snacks: Although eating during a migraine can be tough because of the buzzing pain it is a good idea to have small snacks throughout the working hours. An empty stomach creates acidity and further aggravates the pain. Small time snacks such cookies and chocolate bar can come really handy at this time.
6. Get enough air: A centralized workplace can be claustrophobic and intensify the pain for many. Get out of the workspace to get some fresh air. A sudden gush of oxygen can be a welcome relief from the monotonous and crowded office floor.
7. Apply water on the skull: While this might sound like a crazy idea, applying a small amount of water in the middle of the skull can give temporary relief from the throbbing effect of a migraine. If ice is available in the office pantry, make no hesitation in applying it on the migraine side of the forehead. Ice is capable of spreading a cooling effect throughout the forehead and the skull. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I sometimes face essential tremor in my hands as a result of which I find difficulty in writing. What is the remedy. Please advise me. Thank you.
How can I know if I am losing my brain cells i. E. My brain cells are getting damage. How can I diagnose myself? What are the sign and symptoms?
Hi Excessive saliva because of Parkinson's for 2 yrs. She uses tissue paper every minute. How to fix this problem.
How is migraine headache different from normal headaches. And how to identify migraine and also how can we cure this?
I am 20 years old I have a problem of shaking hand while holding mobile or something else How is this happening and what precautions I should take and what I should eat?
Brain tumour at times displays warning symptoms and at times, none. The tumour pressing on to any specific part of the brain is becoming common symptom. A tumor could be a simple headache, if it persists and doesn't seem normal, it should be tested by a specialist rather than resorting to home remedies.
Here is when you must get tested for a brain tumour:
1. Severe headaches: headaches which are at their worst early in the mornings or after any activity.
2. Many people experience seizures of different kinds. It includes:
A. Myclonic - which are single or multiple spasms, jerks and muscle twitches
B. Tonic-glonic - which shows signs like loss of consciousness, loss of body function control, and not being able to breathe for about 30 seconds and turning blue which is followed by weakness, numbness or sore muscles.
C. Sensory - which is a change in smell, vision, hearing and/or sensation. The person doesn't lose consciousness in this symptom.
D. Complex partial - where a person may have lose of awareness. Another symptom is partial or complete loss of consciousness.
3. Changes in memory and personality.
4. Vomiting and/or nausea
5. Unexplained fatigue
6. Other very specific symptoms of brain tumour might look like these:
A. Change in vision. This could include partial loss of vision or double visibility.
B. Numbness or weakness of face muscles and difficulty in swallowing.
C. Headache caused due to pressure on the tumour.
D. Changes in motor skills and loss of judgment.
E. One major symptom is where people are simply unable to look upwards.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.