Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sashi ShyamsundarYour feedback matters!
I am a diabetic patient but from the last 1 month I have cupful sputum with foul smelling. What I do? Please help me.
I am 24years old and I have thyroid from last 6months and taking medicine daily but its not in control. Fluctuating. Doctor didnt told me any precautions.
Tip 1: Get more physical activity
There are many benefits to regular physical activity. Exercise can help you:
• Lose weight
• Lower your blood sugar
• Boost your sensitivity to insulin — which helps keep your blood sugar within a normal range
Research shows that both aerobic exercise and resistance training can help control diabetes, but the greater benefit comes from a fitness program that includes both.
Tip 2: Get plenty of fibre
It's rough, it's tough — and it may help you:
• Reduce your risk of diabetes by improving your blood sugar control
• Lower your risk of heart disease
• Promote weight loss by helping you feel full
Foods high in fiber include fruits, vegetables, beans, whole grains, nuts and seeds.
Tip 3: Go for whole grains
Although it's not clear why, whole grains may reduce your risk of diabetes and help maintain blood sugar levels. Try to make at least half your grains whole grains. Many foods made from whole grains come ready to eat, including various breads, pasta products and many cereals. Look for the word "whole" on the package and among the first few items in the ingredient list.
Tip 4: Lose extra weight
If you're overweight, diabetes prevention may hinge on weight loss. Every pound you lose can improve your health, and you may be surprised by how much. Participants in one large study who lost a modest amount of weight — around 7 percent of initial body weight — and exercised regularly reduced the risk of developing diabetes by almost 60 percent.
Tip 5: Skip fad diets and just make healthier choices
Low-carb diets, the glycemic index diet or other fad diets may help you lose weight at first, but their effectiveness at preventing diabetes isn't known nor are their long-term effects. And by excluding or strictly limiting a particular food group, you may be giving up essential nutrients. Instead, think variety and portion control as part of an overall healthy-eating plan
Hi I have thyroid from last 5 years I was using thyronorm 25 mg for a day. Last year it get increased to 65 mg during pregnancy after develery my doctor ask me to continue same mg after 3 months I started taking 50 mg now after a year n half I have done thyroid test in empty stomach and the value is 0.99uIU/ml. Is it a normal range or do I need to reduce my mg level to 25 mg.
Hi I am recently been diagnosed with Diabetes from the HBa1c value 8.22,doctor has prescribed Januvia 50 mg and Metamorhin 500 mg, would like to know can I take these tablets? I usually avoid tablets, Can I take only one out of these which is metamorphin which is cheaper, Current prescription is to take Januvia 50 mg in early morning half an hour before breakfast and Metamorphin to be taken at night after finishing the dinner I would like to change the schedule to Metamorphin in the morning half an hour before breakfast thats it, I do not want any other medicine apart from it, I am Fitness freak and I take care of my diet with millets recently I had stopped medicine for 15 day the symptom I had is frequent urination, then I consulted a Junior doctor who suggested for a fbs and ppbs test in which the result was fbs 97 and ppbs 193, based on which junior doctor suggested to take metamorphin tablet alone in the morning then no further tablets in day can you help me here which schedule to follow, appreciate your response as I need a super expert advice on this Kindly help me.
I am 32 yrs old. I am suffering from diabetes last 2 yrs. I am taking metforming hydrochloride 500mg and glimipiride 2mg together after lunch. But my sugar levels in fasting is 136 to145.
Sir Im diabetic can I eat fig fruit, milk, almonds, im alone in my house so I cannot prepare diabetic food (ex-roti, etc) how can I control please help me.
I'm Diabitic, and i;m on insulin and EuglimM1 Forte, Nowadays i'm feeling giddy sometimes, what could be the resason?
Diabetes is a condition that affects the pancreas to the extent that they do not release the required quantity of insulin, which can lead to a high blood sugar level as the body starts to absorb excess glucose from the food that it ingests. This can be of various types and have different implications for different patients. While many experts insist that keeping a low cholesterol level and low weight is a primary requirement for treatment of diabetes patients, there are a number of myths in this regard. Not eating fat is one such myth that we are out to prove wrong today.
So read on to find out why diabetic people need to eat fat:
- Saturated Fats and Trans Fats: There are studies that demonstrate how saturated fats can actually prove to be beneficial for diabetes patients. These can be found in various sources like fish and nuts. This releases heptadecanoic acids, which can normalise the blood sugar levels as well as the insulin and triglyceride levels in the body.
- Dairy Fat: The use of milk and yogurt as well as butter can actually be help in bringing the blood sugar levels down. It also shows up favourably on the lipoprotein markers. Butter in particular is known to have clarifying properties that can bring down the risk of diabetes as well. One must take care to use dairy products that are fat free.
- Animal Fat: Having meat which releases fat and having dairy products like cheese and milk which releases healthy saturated fats are two different things. One can replace carbs and meat with these kinds of products so that there is better absorption and creation of quality animal fats which can actually help the insulin levels.
- Monounsaturated and Polyunsaturated Fats: Food items like fish and nuts that carry high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids as well as monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats can help patients suffering from diabetes by clearing the bloodstream of cholesterol and high lipid levels. This also prevents the risk of heart disease and arterial blockages. These kinds of fats are also found in flax seeds, soya products and walnuts.
Going low on carbohydrates and avoiding sugar is usually recommended for patients suffering from diabetes. Yet, it is important to have your fill of essential fats as mentioned above with the help of dairy products, clarified better, omega three fatty acids, dry fruits, soya products and some amount of vegetable oils, as these actually have a number of benefits for these patients. These kinds of fats are not known to cause heart disease or high cholesterol.
I am 27 years old male and have type 2 diabetes since 1 yr. So what should I take to protect my eyes and kidneys.
I am 50 years old having diabetes problem for 12 years is there any effective ayurveda medicine for this.?
I am 23 years old female. I have thyroid with tsh 14.2. I am taking eltroxin 50mg tablet from past one month. I am gaining weight and having hair fall problem. Can you suggest me any ayurvedic or homeopathy medicine for weight loss and hair fall.
My age 39 years fast 109 pp 180 .orchestral fat 350 .how to way of save life what type of medicine take up now take up medicine glysef 500mg ezetor 10 .Please prescribe it and food chat.
Hi, I have dignosed dibties on 25th of may 2015 my fasting sugar was 250mg/dl. I controlled my diet and now my sugar fasting is 200mg/dl which is also very high then the recommended range. I have been suffering from throt infection and also get fever sometimes. Kindly advise me which diet I should follow ?
My husband had sugar at the age of 16. Now his sugar level is very high 650. What should I do for him?
Hypoglycemia, commonly referred to as low blood sugar is the condition of the body, when the level of blood sugar falls down below the normal level. This accounts for clumsiness, feeling shaky, feeling confused, losing consciousness, serious seizure. Severe lowering of blood sugar may cause death. You are likely to feel exhausted and very hungry. The symptoms usually show quite quickly.
Hypoglycemia is commonly caused due to diabetes medicine like insulin, sulfonylureas or biguanides. Starving for long hours, over straining the body or extreme alcohol consumption may lead to hypoglycemia. Failure of the kidneys, liver diseases, metabolism disorders also lead to hyperglycemia.
Fall in the the blood sugar level must be taken very seriously and never be ignored. If you feel the symptoms of lowered blood sugar, it is advised that you immediately take a sugar test. You must also indulge in high calorie food items such as sweets or chocolates. You need to increase the glucose intake, so that the blood-sugar level rises up.
Here are some steps you should follow to control hyperglycemia:
- Keep away from the practices, which lead to hyperglycemia: The best way of keeping away from hyperglycemia is by taking all measures, which would avoid the condition to develop. The medical schedule of diabetic patients should be closely monitored and optimized by the patient's caregivers. Their lifestyle should be kept under check. It should be ensured that the patients do not skip meals. Insulin should be avoided as much possible.
- Discuss problems with the patient: Patients and their guardians must be properly educated about the disease and what important steps they should take, in spite of all kinds of prevention treatments they take. Teach them about the symptoms and the steps to be taken in case of any emergency. Use of glucose tablets should be encouraged. They must know that the process is ongoing. Every patient is different from another and hyperglycemia differs from person to person.
- Use glucagon: Glucagon is basically a hormone, which stimulates the liver to release pre-stored glucose all over your bloodstream in case your blood-sugar level falls down steadily. Glucagon is usually injected, and kits are available. Prescribed by doctors, glucagon can be used to treat a person who has fallen unconscious after a fatal reaction due to insulin. You should consult an expert before buying a glucagon kit.
Hypoglycemia is a serious problem. Lowering or fall in your blood sugar level must never be ignored, and measures must be taken to regain your sugar balance immediately.