Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Saravanan SivanithiYour feedback matters!
My son is 15 months old he is suffering from diarrhea from last 3 days. I hv given him homoeopathy medicine also constant Ors water. Bt still he is not ok. What do I give him. To control.
My daughter is advised to take attentrol10mg. She is 18 year old. She get lost and does not pay attention continuously. So doctor told us now that she is having ADHD problem. I just want to ask is it genetic or due to some other reason?
He has allergic dermatitis from 6th month onward. What is the best treatment for. And her weight is too low. How can she get weight.
My Son is 3 years and 6 months old. He is not eating anything .his only food is complain and sometimes he eats chips or chicken soup. But he is just 10 kgs now .we are very worried and doctor told to give infagrow and some vitamin syrup .he does not take these instead avoids if forced he takes and vomits. Please advise me on this.
My Both Babies get Cold and Cough very Regularly. I am Using some medicine but not getting permanent solution.
My baby girl is of 11 month and she intakes little diet of milk of around 50-60 ml and not gaining weight although she is an active child. She around 8 kg also discharge urine multiple multiple time frequently. Stools discharge takes around 4-5 days on average. No current medicine / supplement going on.Please help sir.
What is nasal pholips? how immunity and strength can be increased? my nephew is 10 years old, for past 5 years he quite often suffers from cold and cough continued with fever. Even a glass of cold water, results in tonsils and cold with fever. 1-2 hours of outdoor play makes him dull, he feels weekness and thus falls ill. Exertion results in illness. What may be the cause and cure for the same.
MY 12 year daughter does not go toilet for 4-5 day when she go toilet then she suffering so paining to pass the stool she eat everything but don't go toilet every day what I do.
I'm concerned about my son who is 2.3 months old very active in daily work fussy eater, he was a preterm baby he had high glucose level after birth so was kept in NICU my sons height is not increasing for average toddler my husband and his family has short height history my son looks lil older than his age and height what can I do please help.
I have 10 month baby. She has watery loose motion last night, and today morning. I gave pre pro sachet. But not stopped. And motion is green colour, why.
My daughter -in-law 14 months baby was suffering from motions. She was crying too much while motioning. What to do sir/medium. Thank you.
I have pain in all over my body especially in hands legs n back bone. I feel also weak after delivery. My baby is now one year old and the important thing I feed her. So please tell me what will be better to improve my health and reduce pain?
Which which tests of a 5 months girl baby of approx 6+ kg weight must be done. Even if all the dose are given.
My baby is 3 month. Dry cough from 20 days. 3 times medicine / doctor change but no relax in cough. I request you please provide the solution and medicine.
My son is 4 months old and he has developed cold and running nose since 1 month. I went to a doctor thrice. For first two times he told that your son' s chest is clear then prescribed saline drops but it doesn' t work. For the third time I changed the doctor and he prescribed koforist and its also not worked still my baby has running nose, cough and feels like he has bulgum in his tract. Please help me
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?