Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Saravanan SivanithiYour feedback matters!
My mother is OK after a long treatment of MDR TB but now she has persistent dry/allergic cough. How can this cough be treated ? What are the options ? Thanks.
I have seen kids of age 4. Huge build up n height when compared to my daughter. She hardly eats much. Is there any solution to she having food in lill more quantity. According to her age she doesn't have what and how much she has to.
My baby is 17 months old and had viral from past 10 days now its 3 days she feeling better nd no fever bt she is very uncomfortable nw pre viral she waz very active bt now she has no energy to do such activities. I am giving 1 boiled egg daily bt she is taking only white part of it nd curd I am giving. Rest she is on breastfeeding. She doesn't take anything. Plain water she is taking. She refuses to take juices or electral or any flavour drink. Please advise what to do fr bringing her energy back and also advice some good food options.
Hi, My son is completing 10 years today and I would like to know the list of vaccines he should be administered and from where I can get it done.
For my 2 months shall I put pentaxim (painless) injection? Which is banned? Is it recommended? Please suggest.
Sir, I have twin (Boy & Girl) born on 02.05. 2015. They are taking Breast feeding & Pronan 1. But, sometimes they after feeding hiccup. Is it normal? We use to give them Boil water after cooling. After taking the water the hiccup stop. Is it correct method?
My 51 days old baby is crying continuously at night pls suggest remedy if she has ear pain or stomach pain and how can I identify that.
Here are Symptoms of ADHD and how to handle the Children suffering with ADHD.
Hi, My 7 year old girl is so attached to us that she sleeps right in the middle of us and always puts us to sleep before she does. No matter what she doesn't want to sleep separately. And you know what. Also is this the right time to talk to her about sex and how much info should be given to her, considering some info could make kids curious and try to know more by experimenting and exploring that is way too unsafe. Please advise. Regards.
I am having cold and water is coming from one nostril and slight pain is also there in the bone of nostril. I am breastfeeding a two months old infant. I am worried that my cold will transfer to him. Please help doctor.
My baby won't sacking my milk I tried nipple shield also now she was finished her 9 weeks. She was nursing only few times but not every time similarly I have low milk supply. I'm really hurts when I feed her formula milk. I don't know what to do!
Three days ago, my four month old baby started spitting out all the milk. He is exclusively formuLa-fed (nan pro 1). He had been showing symptoms of a waning appetite before that. I started him on domstal baby drops (0.8 ml thrice a day), which helped in keeping the throwing up under control, but he completely lost his appetite. His milk intake went down from 900 ml a day to 300-400 ml a day. Today, we started him on walamycin suspension (3.5 ml thrice a day). His appetite has not improved. In fact, he threw up again today and spit out half of what he had taken. What is happening with him?
Have you heard of a health condition in which there are insufficient red blood cells in your body for carrying sufficient oxygen to all parts of the body? This condition is called sickle cell anemia and it is an inherited form of anemia. Usually, the red blood cells in your body are round and flexible and move through the blood vessels easily. In case of sickle cell anemia, the red blood cells become sticky and rigid. They are shaped like crescent moon or sickle. Because of the irregular shape, these can get stuck in the blood vessels, which slows down the blood flow.
The only potential cure of sickle cell anemia is a bone marrow transplant. Other treatment measures focus on easing the symptoms and preventing further complications. The various treatment modes are as follows:
- Antibiotics: Children with sickle cell anemia can start taking antibiotic penicillin by the age of two months. This prevents infections like pneumonia. Even in the case of adults with sickle cell anemia, antibiotics help in fighting certain infections.
- Pain-relieving medications: Several over-the-counter pain relief medications may be prescribed by a doctor for reducing pain during a sickle cell crisis. Hydroxyurea is another type of medicine, which helps in reducing the frequency of pain.
- Vaccinations: Childhood vaccinations should be given for preventing the disease in children. These vaccinations are more important for children already affected with sickle cell anemia as they are more prone to infections. Vaccines such as the annual flu shot and the pneumococcal vaccine are important for adults suffering from sickle cell anemia.
- Blood transfusions: In case of a red blood transfusion, red blood cells are removed from a supply of blood that is donated. The donated cells are intravenously given to a sickle cell anemia patient. Blood transfusion increases the number of normal red blood cell count in circulation, giving relief to anemia. Regular blood transfusions are important for children with sickle cell anemia, who are highly prone to stroke.
- Stem cell transplant: A stem cell transplant or a bone marrow transplant involves the replacement of the bone marrow affected by sickle cell anemia with a healthy bone marrow given by a donor. This is a risky procedure and is only recommended for patients with sickle cell anemia at a chronic stage.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of sickle cell anemia. This is a dangerous health condition and requires proper diagnosis and treatment before it gets out of your hands.
"Enlightened Selfishness" says Aristotle, "Is doing good to others. It is not duty, it is joy,for it increases your own health and happiness" Franklin Benjamin said the same thing in simple words " when you are good to others, you are best to yourself"
Why not do a good deed to other (as a parent) each passing day, so our children learn about Enlightened Selfishness. And what is a good deed? A good deed is one that brings smile of joy to the face of another.