Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saraswathi
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. SaraswathiYour feedback matters!
Homeopathy is a holistic and a natural approach towards quick healing of an ailing individual. An estimate suggests that about 30% of the indian population relies solely on the homeopathic treatment for their medical complications.
People hold many misconceptions about homeopathy. Following are some of the myths of homeopathy:
- Homeopathic remedies are not scientific: Many people consider homeopathic remedies to be unscientific. However, the basis behind homeopathy is pharmacological and clinical data. Vast studies and researches have been conducted on homeopathic remedies and treatment.
- Homeopathic remedies work slowly: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies cure your medical condition very slowly. Fact is that it works very fast on diseases like cold, fever, etc. When the symptoms are chronic, then only working process is slow. This is because in chronic condition, the body takes little time to cure from inside. It is advisable to start the homeopathic remedies as soon as any symptom is seen.
- Homeopathy can cure any disorder: Some people have a strong belief that homeopathic remedies can cure any disorder or any medical condition. Fact is that this remedy is completely ineffective in case of dental issues or any condition where surgery is the only remedy.
Let us discuss some of the benefits of homeopathy:
- No side-effects: homeopathic medicines are very safe to consume as they are formulated using natural ingredients. Homeopathic pills are known to boost our immune systems and do not hamper digestion process. They do not cause allergies and suits almost everyone including children, adults and even pregnant and senior patients. National medicine agencies assure the safety and quality of homeopathy medicines as per the requirements of european union legislation and european pharmacopoeia standards. Furthermore, homeopathy medication is completely free from chemicals and synthetic materials.
- Long term gain: studies have shown that homeopathic treatment ensures long term relief, eventually leading to complete cure. It is best known to boost our immune systems and strengthen the body's defense mechanisms alongside curing our diseases.
- Inexpensive and cost effective: when compared to conventional drugs, these medicines are much less expensive. Homeopathy medicines are also sustainable as they can be stored for prolonged periods and reused, if required.
I've been married for 1 year and not using protection for a month now. The due date for my periods was on 10th March. Menses are always regular for me with heavy flow. But this month I passed due date and on 12th March I can hardly see two to three droplets of blood. Iam not sure if this is periods or not? Could this be any sign of pregnancy?
I am 22 year old and I am suffering from PID my sonography report indicate that there is minimal fluid in the cul de sac suggestive of pelvic inflammatory disease my doctor has given me some tablets but the problem is that I have not got my periods yet it has been passed 3 days of my date. So I want to know whether there are chances of getting pregnant due to the fluid in my sac plzzz reply as soon as possible.
The basal body temperature of a woman is subject to increase a couple of degrees above the normal temperature at the time of ovulation.
Sir I just wanted to know about my wife's ultrasound report for 3rd trimester. I just wanted to know about below point. 1. The report is showing about Placenta as below Developing placenta in anterior is low laying in upper & mid uterine segment partially reaching till the os. No previa is seen .No netroplacental collection is seen. please confirm me what does it mean by above lines.
Hi, One of my cousin married few years back, still they do not have baby, both are physically fine, could you please suggest some good medication or solution. They are trying lot and they want baby.
Changing something as important as your cholesterol might seem an insurmountable task. Here nutritionist guy gives seven day-by-day tips to help you on your way.
Monday - Increase your fruit and veggie intake. They are rich in important nutrients, low in saturated fats and are cholesterol-free. They are also rich in fibre, which has a cholesterol-lowering effect. Aim to have at least five serves a day, and to eat a variety of different coloured fruits and veggies each day.
Tuesday - Reduce your intake of unhealthy fats. Saturated and trans fats raise blood cholesterol levels. Trans fats are the worst, so limit your intake of processed and fast foods. Choose low-fat dairy products, healthy oils such as olive oil, and flaxseed oil instead of butter. Trim fat from meat and skin from poultry.
Wednesday - Cook with olive oil, a source of healthy monounsaturated fats. It has a higher oxidation threshold than most monounsaturated oils and remains stable at higher temperatures, so is more resistant to hydrogenation and the formation of trans fats. Monounsaturated fats help to lower total cholesterol levels.
Thursday - Eat more garlic. Studies show that, as part of a low-fat diet, it can help reduce cholesterol levels - lowering levels of" bad" LDL cholesterol and raising 'good' HDL cholesterol. It also helps to thin the blood, which helps reduce the risk of heart attacks. Studies show countries that eat more garlic have lower rates of heart disease.
Friday - Eat more legumes. Legumes such as chickpeas, lentils, beans, and peas are good for people with high cholesterol levels. They are low in fat and rich in nutrients such as b vitamins, iron, and unsaturated fats. They are also a rich source of soluble fibre, which helps to lower cholesterol levels.
Saturday - Eat oatmeal for breakfast. Whole oats are packed with heart-healthy dietary fibre and nutrients such as b vitamins, vitamin E, and iron. Oats are an excellent source of soluble fibre, which lowers cholesterol and reduces the risk of heart disease. Choose fibre-rich whole oats over quick oats.
Sunday - Snack on nuts. They are rich in unsaturated fats. Choose nuts that are higher in unsaturated (mono and poly) fats and lower in saturated fats. These include almonds, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, and pistachios. Try making up a trail mix with your favourite raw, unsalted nuts, dried fruit and a mix of seeds.