Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sarala VijayashankarYour feedback matters!
My gf having vomties and also fever is this symptoms of pregnancy . After 10 days period dates how could I check pregnancy easily.
I m 30 years old. Dr. mere 3 bety hain with mejor Opp. Jiske baad se mujhe bht zyada hi kamar ghutne aur poori body me bht jyada ain rahta h, Dr. mujhe bht zyada weekness thakan aur haffan mahsoos hoti h, Dr. mere hath aur pair bht hi jaldi soon ho jate hain jaise sooiyan chubh rahin hain, Dr. mera pet bhi nikalta ja raha jo kisi bhi tateeke se kamnhi hota, iske rahte mujhe uthte baithte bht kahli rahti h. Dr. please tell me somthing effective. Please
Sir, I'm a married man. I want to stop pregnancy. What type of curable and health related medicine are there in the market.
Dear Dr. My friend saurabh has newly married and he don't want get pregnancy for his wife right now, we studied on lybrate that a douching or vaginal washing after sex can extremely prevent pregnancy, therefore he want to know that how he do a complete vaginal wash process. Pls give me some tips for this so that you & me help him.
My wife has uterus fibroid for two years period not at time very painfull and smell please help us thanks.
I have a pain less blister on penis. It developed two or three months ago. I am 30 years old, married since last two years. Not having an active sex life as my wife is having 4 months pregnancy. Pls advice me.
Actually main janna chahti hu ki mai conceive karna chahti hu. and meri mc date last hai 7 july toh mujhe kab sex chahiye preganant hone ke liye or kitni baar.
I am 23 years old and single. I am not having my periods on time from last 7 to 8 months and I also had some tests and my doctor said that I am having cyst in Overy. So I want confirm it that I have cyst or not kindly suggest how and where and get the confirmation about cyst.
My daughter 17 years old having irregular menstural means 2 - 3 months it comes then after 2 months it doesn't comes.
I am 27 years old 18 weeks pregnant. I want to abort as I am not in the situation to continue this pregnancy. Please advise.
I am suffering from fever from last one year four months and twenty nine days, and I had heavy headache during this period, so please inform me what to do?
If before 10 days of periods intercourse is done and Girl is having regular periods on the time only than can she be pregnant?
I'm 24 weeks pregnant and it's my 1st pregnancy, I'm able to feel the baby kicks, however past 2 days I'm feeling bearable vaginal pain. I don't have any liquid or blood discharge. However pain exist continuously and mildly. So far everything is normal & I'm not under any complications or medication. Pl advice, whether it's normal or abnormal?
Gestational diabetes is a kind of diabetes that happens during pregnancy. Diabetes is referred to a condition where your blood glucose or blood sugar is very high. Although, glucose is good as it used by your body for energy, but excessive glucose in your blood can be harmful for both you and your child. Gestational diabetes is mostly diagnosed in the later stages of pregnancy. If gestational diabetes is diagnosed in the early stages of pregnancy, then it is quite possible that you may have had diabetes before you became pregnant. Treating gestational diabetes can help both you and your baby stay fit and healthy. You can protect both, yourself and your baby by controlling your blood glucose levels.
Here are 7 things that you need to know about Gestational diabetes:
- Every three to eight out of 100 ladies tend to develop diabetes during pregnancy, a condition known as gestational diabetes. Fortunately, it can be dealt with and even kept away by maintaining healthy lifestyle choices. Eating leafy foods and avoiding sugar-rich things, is a vital step for both control and counteractive action. Exercise, after consulting your doctor can guarantee that you have a healthy pregnancy.
- In diabetes, when your body's glucose or sugar levels get so high that the carbohydrates and sugars cannot be converted into energy, the excess starts accumulating in your body. This additional glucose can harm the vessels in your kidneys and all through your body, particularly in organs like eyes.
- Two or three factors might cause danger for creating gestational diabetes, both inside and outside of your control. If you are overweight before you get pregnant or while you are pregnant or your family history shows that you are hereditarily inclined to the sickness, you will probably build up the condition.
- One will have to stay on the right path as far as medication and insulin goes. Your specialist may prescribe that you require diabetic pills or insulin to help you control your glucose levels.
- Your weight can bring about complexities during the delivery in case of gestational diabetes. So it is best to keep your weight in check in order to have a smooth sailing pregnancy and delivery.
- Gestational diabetes can likewise put ladies at risk of contracting preeclampsia, which can bring about a number of side effects and complexities. Side effects brought on may start from swollen feet, legs, fingers, and hands to hypertension and even seizures or strokes.
- Apart from the risks of having gestational diabetes during your pregnancy, it might affect the child later on. Your baby may have a higher danger of obesity as it develops, both in the teenage years and youth. Youngsters who are overweight may suffer from type 2 Diabetes in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist and ask a free question.