Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sarala Vijayashankar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sarala VijayashankarYour feedback matters!
Women are blessed with the power to bear babies in their womb for nine long months and giving birth to them. But due to certain reasons, many women are not able to conceive a baby. But with the advent of the medical science, even if you are suffering from infertility issues, you can use donor eggs for In Vitro Fertilization process to have a child.
What is Donor Egg IVF?
It is the process of the In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) where the eggs used are from a donor. The donor may be within your relatives or friends, or you can also select a donor from a pool of egg donors available. Moreover, if you want to go for an IVF with frozen egg, then you have a choice of donors across the nation, and in case you only want to go for fresh donor egg IVF, then choose the donor locally. Fertility clinics and the hospitals are there to help you with the entire process.
What is the process?
IVF with a donor egg is a time taking process but it worth the time. Firstly, the fertility clinics ask for donor selection, if you already have someone from your close group, who is willing to donate her egg, it becomes quite simple. Otherwise, you can choose from the donors already registered with the fertility clinic.
- Once you have decided on the donor, the next step is to match both of your menstrual cycles. This is done by providing daily injections and medications to the donor to suppress her menstrual cycle and to match with yours. Moreover, this drug also improves the egg production so that the chances of receiving a healthy egg increase.
- Then the recipient’s womb is prepared for the embryo transfer. You would be provided with injections to boost your hormonal levels so that your uterus lining can grow thicker to receive and keep the embryo safe and healthy in it.
- Once you are prepared for the embryo transfer, the doctors after continuous monitoring of the donor decide on when to retrieve the egg. Once the donor produces the egg, it is extracted and processed for further procedure.
- Once the egg is retrieved, it is fertilized with the sperms of your partner in a lab. Fertilization and the embryo formations take few days after the egg retrieval process. Once the doctor becomes assured of the embryo is healthy, it is implanted in your uterus.
After successful embryo implantation, the physician will monitor the growth of the fetus on a periodic basis; you need to go for monthly follow-ups. It is little difficult at the beginning but keeps in mind the success rate; it is regarded as a boon for women who want to feel their baby in their womb even after having fertility issues. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
Child deliveries during pregnancies are of two types. If you are pregnant or have someone in your family who is then you can either go for caesarean section (or C-section) delivery or normal delivery, which is also known as vaginal delivery. In some case C-section delivery is chosen by your doctor as it may be a safer option in case you have some health complications. Diabetes, high blood pressure or herpes can cause complication that may in advance let you know whether the delivery procedure would be C-section or the normal one. Here are the pro and cons of both the procedure.
Natural Delivery: Benefits and Disadvantages
- Shorter stay in the hospital and time for recovery can help you in case of normal delivery.
- It may be physically painful but at the end of the day as it is a natural delivery method and you will experience less postpartum pain.
- There would be lesser chances of respiratory problems in your baby.
- Normal delivery may cause fear and anxiety which may lead to huge complications. Even your baby may face the risk of being deprived of oxygen from cord compression.
- It is also more painful and unpredictable.
- There may be increased chances of pelvic organ prolapses in normal section deliveries.
C-section: Benefits and Disadvantages
- You will be well in advance told about the delivery date by your doctor and hence planning is made easy. 2. If you have any infection like herpes chances of your baby being is reduced by c section delivery.
- There will be lesser risk of pelvic floor injury and few cases of urinary continence.
- There will be no risk of birth related trauma like bruises and swelling.
- There are surgical risks of anesthesia which can cause severe adverse side effects like headache, nausea and vomiting.
- There are also chances of heart attacks and blood clotting in veins. You may also have chances of postpartum infection in c section delivery.
- Numbness around the area of operation and bleeding may require a hysterectomy which is a surgery to remove the uterus.
There are many other pro and cons of the two methods of delivery and you should always consult your doctor and follow proper medications for better delivery of the newborn.
Sir, How to abort pregnancy after 2 months? Does medicines works after 2 months or one should go for operation?
My question is this, mene 1 week pehle sex kiya tha usko period nai aa raha tha 5 din late ho gya tha jab maine sex kara tha to aaj 5 din aur ho gaya hai to kya karu mai ye batiye use dawa du ki wait karu jab ki mera lequid nai gira tha uske vaigina mai.
I am 34. First pregnancy. 6.5 week pregnant as per ultrasound. 7.5 week as per lmp. CRL is 5.7 mm. Feral pole and yolk sac seen. But there is no cardiac activity. Radiologist says pregnancy not viable.
Meri due date jaa chuki hai. Fir bhi pain start nhi ho rha. Govt hospital ne bole pain start pe hi admit krenge. Y unhone bola jb Mai check up karwane gyi. Mai civil me bhi delivery nhi krwa skti kyoki Mai itni jyada fees afford nhi ker skti.
Infertility refers to the inability to conceive after having sex without protection. The biological inability of a man or a woman to contribute to conception and carry a full-term pregnancy may also be referred to as infertility. Among the various treatments for infertility, homeopathy accounts for being an effective one in both men and women.
Homeopathic medicines for infertility in women
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility because of acid vaginal charges: Borax and Natrum Phos are considered to be the best homeopathic medicines for infertility in women because of acid vaginal charges. These medicines are used when the vaginal discharges are destructive, acrid and kills sperms. Borax is used when the discharge is like egg white, copious and warm and it helps in easy conception. Natrum Phos is used when the discharge is acrid, creamy or honey colored.
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility because of prolonged and profuse periods: Calcarea Carb and Aletris Farionosa are used in case of too much prolonged, too profuse menstrual periods and periods which occur before time. Early mensus are experienced by patients. Anemia, leucorrhea, fatigues, tiredness and weakness may be experienced with menorragia.
Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men:
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with erectile dysfunction: There are several effective homeopathic medicines for this purpose. Agnus Castus is used when a man’s sexual desire and physical ability is low and the genitals stay relaxed, cold and flaccid. Caladium is best when infertility or impotency occurs due to mental depression. In this case, the genitals stay relaxed and weak erection is observed. Selenium is another efficient homeopathic medicine for erectile dysfunction in cases of slow and weak erections. Involuntary semen discharge may also be experienced.
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with low sperm count: X-ray is the most effective homeopathic medicine for treating low sperm count in men. Sperm count gets increased and both the quantity and quality of sperm are enhanced.
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with orchitis: Conium is an ideal homeopathic medicine for treating infertility in men with orchitis. The testicles are swollen, enlarged and become hard. Conium also helps when a patient has a history of suppressed sexual desire.
Homeopathy is the most natural treatment for fertility in men and women, with no side effects on the body. Homeopathic medicine works with following rule of the nature's law of cure and these medicines work naturally without producing any harm to the body. You should consult a homeopathic practitioner before taking any homeopathic remedy for infertility.