Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SanthanaramanYour feedback matters!
Sir I am facing hair fall and baldness problem. I want to regain my hair. Is that possible if yes! What did I do for that. Thanks.
I have red marks on my face. Earlier I had pimples but now its only the red marks from a long time. Whats the solution?
Around my neck it is very black from past 1year, can anyone please suggest me the solution to reduce it? thanks .
I have a ringworm in my head and it is cured but it left the bald in that area which was in ringworm. Please suggest me to get back the hairs in that area.
Many women experience acne during pregnancy. It is most common during the first and second trimester. During pregnancy our body produces an increased amount of hormones called androgens which can cause the glands to grow and produce more oil. This oil leads to bacteria, inflammation, and breakouts. This is natural, and nothing to worry about from a health perspective. There is often no way to prevent acne during pregnancy as it is not possible to control the hormonal changes that lead to the problem. However, you can take following precautions to check its outbreak:
- Use a mild, soap-free face wash or cleanser to clean your face daily. You should cleanse your face not more than twice a day.
- Pat your skin dry after each wash as rubbing with towels or washcloths can irritate the facial skin, leading to the problem.
- Use oil-free moisturizers, face wash and makeup.
- Use an oil-free sunscreen lotion whenever going out during daytime.
- Wear full-sleeve clothes to avoid exposing your skin to direct sunlight.
- Wash your hair regularly especially if you have oily hair.
- Maintain proper hygiene. Wash and clean your towels, pillowcases and hats regularly.
- Drinking lots of water to flush to keep the skin hydrated.
- Have a balanced diet containing plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables which are rich in vitamins A, E and B complex and fibre.
- Avoid oily, greasy foods and fast foods.
- Have adequate sleep and practice some relaxation techniques to avoid fatigue and stress.
- Stop touching your face that often as bacteria from your fingers can pass on to your face.
- Buy makeup products after utmost diligence.
- You should also take zinc supplements to prevent acne.
If you still get acne despite following the above mentioned tips, then you should take appropriate medicine as prescribed by the dermatologist. Medicines like Clindamycin e.g. Cleocin T, Clindagel, Azelaic acid (Finacea, Azelex) and Erythromycin are considered safe during pregnancy. You can also apply the medicine only as recommended as most products are intended for daily or twice-daily use only. Also try some home remedies like apply a mixture of honey and ground oatmeal to your face and rinsing off gently. Massage gently with a plain carrier oil such as argan oil or olive oil. You can also consider applying aloe vera gel to cure acne. These treatments will not be as effective as taking medicines though.
However, avoid hormone therapy including anti-androgens like spironolactone, flutamide and estrogen as these can lead to major developmental changes to the foetus. Oral tetracycyclines and topical retinoids should also be avoided. Accutane also leads to increased risk of miscarriage, hence do not even consider it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.