Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SakthirajYour feedback matters!
If a person is very critical (kidney damaged anf liver is filled with water) and now kept in ICU then is there any chance that person will be safe? And pulse are also gradually decreasing.
I am 32 years old, I have pain while urinating and even I seen blood in urine other symptoms like a more frequent urge to urinate, pain in vagina while urinating, chills etc, please help me and what medicine I should take.
Hi my name is vinay awasthi. What type medicine helpful in urine infection. I face this problem frequent. What type of prequestion I should take.
Hai, I m having kidney stones in right n left r 9mm n 5mm respectively. Is there any medication for it?
I am a 27 years old woman having stone of 8 mm in my right kidney for the last three months. I suffer from irregular menstrual problem every month and have no desire for intercourse. As a result of this my husband becomes angry with me. Please suggest me.
I have Polycystic Kidney Disease (it is genetic). My creatinine level is normal so far. Please let me know medication for the same.
When I sometimes urinate, some urine sprinkles outside because foreskin come ahead to top, which urine come in pressure ,some drops sprinkles outside, what to do.
IMPRESSION: Clear cell Renal cell carcinoma of the right kidney, Fuhrman nuclear grade 1. PT1aNX. Size of tumour: 3 x 2.5 x 2 cm. Lymphvascular invasion present. All margins are free of invasive carcinoma. No evidence of necrosis/sarcomatoid areas. Sir please tell me the meaning of this report. What to do next?
What are the do's and don't's for a female patient of 47 years who had stone in Urinary bladder but had successfully operation but for future prevention of recurrence of Stone in Urinary or Uterious.
On sitting on legs and after walking I am having ants and vibration sensations in legs I have done blood urine blood sugar report everything is normal. I am having muscle twitching also. On siting on hard surface I have pins like in urethra and sitting area. What is the reason and solutions?
A kidney transplant is a procedure that employs an operation to transplant properly functioning kidney in the body. The main job of the kidneys is to remove the excess waste from a person’s body with the help of a filtration process. When the kidneys stop filtering the toxins properly, they become diseased as harmful waste products and toxins begin to accumulate in the body. Following this, the patient has to go through treatment measures like dialysis or kidney transplant.
Read on to know the five things you should keep in mind about a kidney transplant.
- Treatment: Transplant is one of the best ways to treat chronic kidney disease stage-V, until unless it is contraindicated. Life becomes near normal after transplant, though there is a possibility of rejection of transplant kidney. Patient has to take immunosuppressive medication life long.
- Medication: Medications are mainly for:
- To prevent rejection: Patient takes immunosuppressive medications life long.
- Prevention of infection: Patient has to take care all the measures to prevent infections as they are more prone to infections.
- Other medication: To control diabetes, HTN etc.
- Family Only: The donors are from family or emotionally related or cadavers (after brain death). HLA-matched donors are better because of less chances of rejections and first reduction of immunosuppressive.
- Doing Your Part: Once transplant is done - patient becomes normal and he/she lives a normal life. However, they have to take regular medications and to protect themselves from various infection.
- End Stage Renal Diseases: These diseases includes diabetes mellitus, HTN, polycystic kidney disease, chronic glomerulonephritis or interstitial nephritis etc.
Consult a Nephrologist before going for renal transplant for detailed check up or line of action.