Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sakthiraj
Submit a review for Dr. SakthirajYour feedback matters!
I am having burning micturition since 3 week. I had shown this to my family doctor. He prescribed some medicine but still my its burning. What to do? Please help.
Sir mere right Kidney me 3mm ka stone hai. Dr. ne pani pene ke liye suggest kiya. Kya pani se stone nikal jati hai. Kaise pata chalega stone nikal gaya hai. Or mera weight 62 kg hai. I am 42 year old. Kya mera weight thik hai. Mera tsh 0.28 aaya hai. Ab tak mai 5 year se 100 mg le rahi thee. Ab Dr. be 75 mg lene ko kaha hai. Suggest me.
Hello doctor, I am 24 and non vegetarian and I am getting semen in my urine. A homeopathic doctor suggested me Tone up 5000. Will it be helpful. Plzz tell, its killing me.
My wife is 64 years ole. She is diabetic and taking both short acting and long acting insulin. She has kidney problem and present creatine level is 7 and urea 70. She is getting skin boils all over the body which is hitching and painful ( doctors say uremia). She under peritonial dialysis every day(apd). How to bring down creatine level and cure her skin problem.
I am having pancreas stone removal surgery two months back (24 stitches) and am getting left side portion pain after eating food what might be reason for it and how to get relief.
Hello Doc....I have a cyst in the cortical layer on my right kidney...slight splenemegaly is present...this was discovered with usg....I have been waking up with pain in my back and stomach right side for 5/6 months but it would wear off or I would take a pain killer....10 days ago it got very bad which is why our doctor asked for a usg....tell me what course of action I should take...I'm on antacids and pain killers having tramadol in them..
My baby girl is 1 year old and since 3 to 4 days she facing some Urine issue, as In a day she do a 2 to 3 times urine only and at night sometimes she do a Urine and sometime notes. Urine come yellow and she not face any issue while she do Urine. She also have some cold since 4 to 5 days. Please guide me on that.
I need a homeopathy cure for urethral inflammation occurring repeatedly due to hot weather effect or due to taking food having hot effect like Meat, garlic. Ginger, Onion or spices like Cloves, Cinnamon etc. Actually the skin in the urethra is inflamed as I have a skin problem & the urine contains stink due to which I loose weight & vigour. I am 70 years old. I had a case of suppressed Gonorrhea. I don't use antibiotics as it has developed resistance. Previously I use to take R 21+R 1+ Sharda boiron biochemic formulation 20+ hydrates Q which use to give relief. But now this not proving effective. Due to this urethritis I also get psoriasis like skin problems on hands & elbows which subside the moment urethral problems is over. I am now taking Echnacea Q to with cant 200 to escape burning. Now need a skin healing medicine. Thanks.
Sir ,I have a problem that under the nipple I feel something like stone, what I can do for the treatment of this please help.
The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ at the base of the urinary bladder and urethra is a thin tube that carries urine out of the penis. It runs through the prostate gland. A fluid produced by this gland helps to carry sperms produced by the testes outside during intercourse.
Cause of urinary problems in men:
Men experience urinary symptoms either due to inflammation of the prostate gland or prostatitis or symptoms may be the result of a blockage of the passage due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
Symptoms of urinary problems:
1. The need to urinate frequently during the night.
2. Urinating more often during the day.
3. Urinary urgency is the urge to urinate can be so strong and sudden that one may not reach the toilet in time.
4. The urine stream is slow to start.
5. Urine dribbling for some time after finishing urination.
6. A sensation that the bladder is not fully emptied after urination.
7. A lack of force to the urine flow, which makes directing the stream difficult.
8. The sensation of needing to go again soon after urinating
1. A long course of antibacterial medication (for bacterial prostatitis) is prescribed, because infection is difficult to get rid of, the antibacterial medication will need to be taken for many weeks.
2. Medication to improve urine flow and other symptoms (for obstruction caused by an enlarged prostate).
3. Surgical procedures (for blockage caused by an enlarged prostate), such as Transurethral Resection of the prostate(TURP), Laser Resection of prostate, Transurethral Incision of the prostate(TUIP).
UroLift: A new method of treatment for men, where medication has not been successful, but their prostates are not so enlarged that they need more invasive surgery. It involves the Transurethral Insertion of staples to separate the lobes of the prostate. It has minimal side effects and preserves ejaculatory and erectile function.
A number of other procedures that have been developed to reduce urinary symptoms.
Medication for urinary problems:
1. Medications to reduce the tone of the muscles of the urethra and prostate to minimize any obstruction to urine flow caused when these muscles contract.
2. Medication to reduce the size of the prostate gland. These drugs work by blocking the action of male hormones produced by the prostate gland.
3. Medications to relax the bladder, making unwanted contractions less likely and reducing the symptoms of urgency and frequency of urination.
4. Over-the-counter medicine 'Saw Palmetto' (Serenoa repens) is used sometimes. This may help some men, especially if frequent urination at night is a problem. However, recent reviews of the evidence for using Saw Palmetto as a treatment for mild or moderate urinary symptoms did not show any improvement compared to no treatment, in men with BPH. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.