Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sakthi Mohan VYour feedback matters!
Hello, for good health and to overcome skin problems with type of bathing means cold water bathing or hot water bathing is essential and which type of soap is best. Kindly requesting you please give the best tips to overcome those skin problems. Skin problems means I don't know that name in English in Kannada it's called" beli chibbu" and also some pimples in face and back shoulders. Any one please give suggestions to overcome these problems.
I have round scar on my face which is very dark it can't be remove by applying medical creme help me to removed this please.
Melasma is a skin condition which causes discoloration and dark patches on your skin. It is more common in women than men. It is also called the ‘mask of pregnancy’ or chloasma when it is caused due to hormonal changes during pregnancy. These patches on the face are darker and symmetrical on both sides of your face. Areas of the body that are exposed to the sun for a prolonged period of time can also develop melasma. It doesn’t cause any physical complications, but it can give you an unsightly appearance.
What causes Melasma?
Doctors and researchers are still not sure what causes melasma although studies have shown that progesterone and estrogen levels tend to affect your skin leading to melasma. Some of the causes of melasma could be-
- Starting or stopping birth control pills
- Hormonal changes caused by underlying physical causes.
- Thyroid diseases
- Prolonged exposure to the ultraviolet rays of the sun can also affect skin pigments (melanocytes) resulting in melasma
Symptoms of Melasma:
Brownish patches on the forehead, cheeks, chin and bridge of the nose are signs of melasma.
Treatment for Melasma:
In pregnancy, melasma usually fades on its own after you have delivered your baby.
- Avoid consuming birth control pills or change the medication for a change in composition of the drugs. More often than not, it’s the composition of a pill that causes melasma rather than birth control pills in general.
- Hydroquinone is an ointment which can be applied on the skin. This lightens the dark patches on your skin caused due to melasma.
- Corticosteroids and tretinoin – This medication is generally prescribed by a dermatologist to lighten the patches caused by melasma. This should be taken under a doctor’s prescription.
- Topical skin medicines – Medications which contain kojic acid or azelaic acid can also help reduce the brownish patches on your skin.
- Procedures – If medicines and creams don’t get rid of the patches, procedures such as dermabrasion, microdermabrasion and chemical peel procedures are advised. These procedures should be done under a certified dermatologist. This also prevents melasma from re-occurring in the future.
I have dark circles under my eyes.. is it because of less sleep.. what can i do to reduce the dark circles..??
I am facing boils problem on my face since last two month. What I have to do so I can free up myself from this problem.
Hello sir , my brother have face the yexj or Hiccough from last tow hours age 23 please help us as soon as possible .
Hello Doctor I'm Nishant. I have pimples and acne on my face and back. And their marks also. So please tell me which medicine I use for my sensitive skin.
Hi Doctor, I am having 2 query. One is in my private part skin is not moving properly if I am trying to pull means I am getting. Second one is if I am eating any non veg while going for urine part is very irritating.
Hi, I'm 24 years, weight 58.5. Recently I change city delhi- ambala. Since I changed the city till I got skin problem or could be allergy, itching problem and red dot on a particular portion. Kindly give some solution of it.
You may have found a moisturizer that works just fine in spring and summer. But as weather conditions change, so, too, should your skin care routine. Find an "ointment" moisturizer that's oil-based, rather than water-based, as the oil will create a protective layer on the skin that retains more moisture than a cream or lotion. (Hint: Many lotions labeled as "night creams" are oil-based.)