Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sai Prasanna
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sai PrasannaYour feedback matters!
Thalassaemia, which is commonly referred to as thal, is a disorder of the blood which is inherited from the previous generation. This condition triggers the production of abnormal red blood cells in the body which in turn paves the way for chronic anaemia. Red blood cells play an indispensable role in carrying oxygen all through the body and hence any abnormality in this regard can result in thalassemia, the symptoms of which include, weakness all over the body, fatigue, faint and shortness of breath.
Understanding the type of thalassemia:
Thalassaemia is often thought to be an iron deficiency disease (anaemia), but can be differentiated with the aid of certain blood tests. This disease is a lifelong condition which requires efficient management. The type of thalassemia an individual is suffering from can be attributed to the number of faulty genes the person has inherited.
The two variants of thalassaemia are beta and alpha. In the case of alpha thalassemia, having one faulty gene would lead to no health problems while two faulty genes can cause mild anaemia. If there are three mutated genes, it will cause Haemoglobin H disease, and regular blood transfusions may be required. But an unborn child with four mutated genes will not be viable enough to survive the pregnancy.
The beta thalassaemia also comes in various forms. The beta thalassaemia major needs lifelong transfusion of blood and it is the most common form of thalassaemia across the world. The beta thalassemia intermedia do not have to depend on blood transfusion.
The treatment option for mild thalassaemia is entirely dependent on the type of the disease and how intense it is. When the disease is on a mild and minor level, then there may not be need of any comprehensive treatment. But at times, blood transfusions become necessary especially after undergoing surgery or when the thalassaemia causes complications.
People who are affected by severe levels of beta thalassaemia will require transfusion of blood from time to time. The treatment also causes an overload of iron and thus it is important to remove the surplus iron content. There are several oral medications available for this, and the healthcare provider can recommend suitable medications.
Managing moderate to severe thalassaemia:
Some of the most general methods of managing and treating thalassaemia include
- Frequent blood transfusions: When the thalassaemia gets too severe, it becomes necessary to opt for blood transfusion after every few weeks. The blood transfusion can cause iron build up with the passage of time. This, in turn, can affect the heart and lungs along with other crucial organs. Therefore, it is important to take medicines that can eliminate the extra iron.
- Stem cell transplant: Also referred to as the bone marrow transplant, the stem cell transplant can be the best bet. It is recommended for kids who are born with severe thalassaemia. This treatment option can mitigate the need of a lifelong transfusion of blood and intake of drugs for controlling the iron overload.
Hi, My wife got her pregnancy report positive so I don’t wanna have baby now itself so I planning to give her MT pill kit so is it okay now to give her nd how to use MT pill kit nd it as not crossed one month also.
At the same time take up some routine physical exercise walk at least 40 minutes a day 4 - 5 times a week. Add some strength training since it burns fat even after exercise session. Yoga has specific asanas to reduce abdominal fat. Take up strength training and yoga for at least 20 minutes 3 - 4 times a week
I am 26 years. My periods are irregular. My weight is constant from last 1.5 years after marriage. and continuous stomach pain also. What can be the reason for pain?
What is the cost of oral abortion including scanning ? Can a unmarried 20 year girl go for abortion is that against law?
I think of sex almost every time whenever I am free & have nothing to do. I watch sex related movies. I feel very guilty about it. I want to come out of it. I even diverted my mind doing other activities and decreased the feeling to some extent but not able to come out of it completely. I personally feel guilty of it at times & consider it a sin.
Main ek bacchhe ki maa hoon 5 years old abh mujhe doosra bachha ke liye conceive krna chaiye ki nahi.
My Best Friend have Herpes simplex and he was treated with home and he has no problem till date. But the person have no cure plzzz sent me any perfect cure option in this world. Only cure.
Natural child birth is a process of giving birth to a child with no or little medical interference. In spite of the severe labor pain, many women decide to go for natural child birth because they find the experience beneficial. One of the best advantages that you can expect from a natural child birth is being in full control of your body.
- Utmost care: From the time you conceive until your delivery, hospitals are expected to take the best care of both the mother and the child. At the best child care hospitals, paediatrics should be able to put themselves in your place and aspire to take care of your child. Reliable child care hospitals should have the ability to ensure smooth and safe delivery of the child.
- Expertise: Child care hospitals must provide best paediatric services. Paediatrics deal with child care and that requires a high level of expertise. A child's health and well-being should be of paramount importance for any best child care hospital. The team of doctors should possess wide - ranging knowledge because they have been entrusted with the responsibility of taking care of your child's health. Besides these the hospital's team should include trained nurses; highly qualified and experienced medical workers.
- Work dedicatedly: Doctors from the best child care hospitals should be able to listen to you carefully and should attend to your child. They must be able to assist you with the queries related to your child's development. The child care services should be able to take care of the child from birth and assist them throughout their developing years.
Best child care hospitals should also provide reasonable treatment offers with the use of the latest, state-of-the-art technology. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.