Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. S ShanmuganathanYour feedback matters!
I ask questions I didn't get what you said. I repeat the question. 4 Jan I done the surgery of my appendix I want go gym if I'm ready to go gym please give me advice.
If you are feeling uneasy and witness symptoms like loss of appetite, heartburn and unexpected stomach pain, chances are you have acidity. Stomach conditions wherein acid levels of the gastric juices are much more than normal is known as acidity. Acidity gives you tremendous discomfort.
You can use any of these listed Ayurvedic treatments if you suffer from acidity:
- Mulethi (liquorice) and honey: You can reduce liquorice root to powder, then to half a spoon of this powder add little honey to form paste. Consume this paste twice daily after meals. Liquorice neutralizes the acids quickly to give relief.
- White pumpkin juice: Take white pumpkin peel, slice it and make a pulpy juice out of it. Having half a cup, twice a day gives fast recovery from gastritis and acidity. Alternatively, you may eat sweet made of pumpkin (peetha ki methai) after meals.
- Amla powder (Indian Gooseberry) and honey: Soak one teaspoonful of amla powder in half a cup of water. Add honey, stir and drink empty stomach in the morning. Repeat similarly in the evening.
- Cumin seeds: You can reduce cumin seeds to a powder form, then add half a spoon of it to water; presumably, one liter. Then, boil and filter it. You will have to make sure that you drink this solution instead of normal water. Take this water based solution everyday till recovery. This is quite an effective remedy for acidity.
- Buttermilk: You can take half a glass of buttermilk and add a pinch of asafoetida and turmeric to it. With it, also add a tiny amount of fenugreek. Drink it at night to get the best out of it.
- Jaggery: You can try taking boiled ash gourd with jaggery. This relieves the burning sensation in the stomach to a considerable extent.
Ayurvedic treatment is a natural way of curbing health problems. Acidity that happen to people often can be effectively cured with Ayurvedic remedies mentioned above.