Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.Shanmugananthan
Submit a review for Dr. S.ShanmugananthanYour feedback matters!
I am having problem of acidity whenever I eat half an hour late the problem starts please suggest me.
Sir, I had a total colostomy+mucosa proctectomy+ileo anal anastomosis in 2012. My motion frequency is still 8-10 times per day. Is it normal or how much time required for full recovery?
With the increasing age the gastric problem is also hamper my daily life though its my genetic prob also. So tell me some solution to overcome this problem and decrease unwanted fat. Thank you.
I have gastric problem .i suffer gastric ulcer 2 years ago then I treat it. Now I have problem to digest and pain and gastric.
I have indigestion problem and motion don't occur properly, burning sense do occur after few hours of meal.
Hello sir/mam I have problem of acidity and sometimes I suffering from weakness and blood pressure low problems I try very medicine but problem is remain exist.
Sometimes for a couple of days. He is saying, blood comes from his back like piles but it does not hurt And this automatically gets stopped in 3-4 days. Is this because of digestive problems. How to control it? And what is the reason? Please reply.
I have got dark coloured dry skin over my buttocks, near to anus and inside my thigh. The dry skin is almost round shaped and has got heavy itching tendency. What should I do?
4 Superfoods and home remedies to get rid of acidity
Excessive secretion of stomach acids brings about the problem of acidity with heartburn and dyspepsia being its common symptoms. There are foods as well as home remedies that can help you to get rid of this problem.
Some of them are:
1. Bananas - Being an excellent source of potassium, this fruit helps to keep acid production in balance. Moreover, certain elements in bananas aid in increasing the production of stomach mucus that helps to protect the organ from adverse effects of excessive acid production. Even its high fiber content promotes digestion, preventing the occurrence of acidity once again.
2. Ginger - Consuming ginger can help to bring about a significant improvement in digestion, superior absorption as well as proper assimilation of important nutrients. This root is helpful in protecting your body from stomach ulcers by enabling mucus production, thereby decreasing the negative effects of acid on the stomach.
3. Melons - Melons are also extremely good for fighting acidity. They have a pH of 6.1 and can be had as whole or as fruit juice. Whether it is watermelons or honeydew, these are refreshing fruits filled with nutrients. Each bite of a watermelon, for instance, contains high levels of Vitamins A, C, and B6, amino acids, antioxidants and lycopene as well as potassium.
4. Mint leaves - Even mint leaves are helpful in slowing down the acid buildup in the stomach while improving digestion. Its cooling effect can help to cut down the pain as well as burning sensation associated with acid reflux.
In addition to having these foods, there are certain home remedies that you can try for fighting acidity:
- It's wise to have your last meal about 2-3 hours before your bedtime to allow time for digestion of the food matter.
- You should always have your meals at regular fixed intervals. Keeping too wide a gap between meals can cause you to suffer from acidity.
- To curb instances of acidity, it's best to avoid spicy foods and caffeinated beverages.
- Having a glass of lukewarm water daily can also help in combating acidity.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: What Causes Acidity? Understanding its Symptoms and Causes