Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
I was a heavy smoker for about 7 years. Now I am almost quieting. And I want to go to gym. Can there be side affects if I go to gym? What else can I do?
Does the person with hallucination problem need counselling? Medicine given once worked and the patient was recovered to great extent, but the problem again came. Shall the same medicine work?
I also want to control my anger. I loose control on me at the time of anger. But later I realised my mistake. But sometimes it's too late. Suggest me something. I badly need this.
I am working in underground mining industry since 8 months months. My problem I forgot everything each and every minute. I lose my self confidence I want to die. I am negative thinking person then how to reduce my negative thoughts. I complete my btech in 2015 got job in 2016. But now I completely lose my subject knowledge. Please kindly help me.
My wife age is 45, she is EPILEPSY patient since last 29 years, we have Consult so many Doctors but there is no improvements. Now also she is continue attack by EPILEPSY. Now she Medical cource as below:- 1. Tegretol (200 mg) 2-1-2. 2 Gardenal (30 mg) 1-1. 3. Lacoset 1-1. 4. Lavesam 1-.1. You are request to please suggest the Good Doctor & help us to reduce her More Tablets & get the improvement in her health.
I quit smoking 3 months back but now I am addicted to nicotine gums from the past 2 months. Please give suggestions.
Sir I am manufacture of carry bags but now I falls in financial downfall. Then my business is down .so I am in very tension for this what can I do at that time. please help.
Hi doctor I also have that same problems in my throat. It sometimes itching is I drink cool. Or eat ice cream. I have a smoking habit sir. But I'm not a chain smoker. Sometimes I don't smoke for 3 or 4 days. Sometimes I smoke 1 cigarette in a day. Is it any harm for me?
I'm 20 year old. And I can't concentrate in my study. Always faces heavy headache problem. Lack of confidence.
Dear sir, Muje tension Bahut hoti he jisase Muje headache ho jati he. Bina vajah tension hoti he or mere dimag me kuch na kuch chalta hi rahta he. Please suggest me.
I want to do sex with my wife but she's less interested there is a lot of tension between our sexual life even she want to have her sexual desires back please suggest some tips or medicine.
Stress affects every part of your life including your love life. If you’re feeling too overwhelmed and tense, chances are that you’re libido and appearance will suffer. Studies have shown that being stressed increases the production of cortisol in the body, which makes you less appealing to members of the other sex.
Take a look at five ways stress can affect your love life.
- It changes your perception of the relationship: Being under pressure makes you irritable and snappy. Relationships exposed to high levels of stress most often turn negative with time. This is because stress alters our perception of reality and understanding of people. When you’re stressed, you tend to focus more on what’s wrong with the relationship than what’s right. This can lead to an increase in conflicts between partners.
- It lowers your confidence: For any relationship to work, you must first love yourself. Stress causes self doubt and lowers your self confidence. If you’re looking to start a relationship, this can increase your inhibitions in talking to new people or going on a date. If you’re already in a relationship, this lowered self confidence can lead to problems in bed.
- It affects your appearance: Stress affects not only your emotional and mental frame of mind but your physical state as well. Being under pressure to perform can result in binge eating and make you put on weight. Stress itself increases the production of cortisol in the body which in turn makes the skin secrete more oil. Stress can also cause brittle nails and hair loss. Stress also lowers your energy levels and makes you withdraw from social life.
- It lowers your sex drive: Stress makes it difficult to focus on anything other than whatever is troubling you. It has a direct connection to your libido; the higher the stress, the lower your libido. For men this can lead to erectile dysfunctioning while for women it can reduce the amount of natural lubrication produced and make sex uncomfortable.
- It can suppress fertility: Cortisol can also prevent women from ovulating. This can lower your chances of conceiving a child. this is noticed especially in cases of sudden spikes in stress levels and varies from woman to woman. It can also cause fertility problems in men.
The good news is that stress can easily be managed to improve your love life. Meditating and exercising are two effective stress busters that can enhance your love life. Doing this along with your partner not only helps reduce stress but can also bring you closer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.