Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S Nambi
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. S NambiYour feedback matters!
The doctor was very good and very patiently heard our problems. He then prescribed medicines which we started right away. We observe excellent change for the good even after 2 days of taking the medicines. Very good Doctor.
I am depressed because I am frustrated from my boyfriend he is not talking to his parents for marriage.
My age is 25 I'm suffering from depression since one year. And I feel like I'll die, I have consulted many doctors they said my health condition is normal and every lab tests are negative so please help to get out from this.
How to hone mind at 40 I feel. My brain is degenerating and I remember very less or forget everything very soon.
Hello, Over the past couple of year I have developed high level of anxiety mostly when it comes to my physical appearance and sometimes when I think about my future. I am currently working in a service based company in Bangalore and my salary is below the average as compared to national average (around 20K per month). There are other things like when I came to Bangalore I literally saw number to girls having multiple sex relationship and they don't feel guilty about it. Now that's my opinion, I may be wrong but again I don't like such women's. That being said sometime I feel bad for people who are married to women's like that. Is it normal that I having such thoughts or it's inappropriate. One more thing I would like to say is that I believe I have as much potential as others do but every-time I fail to recognise it. I think I have failed my parents and they are not happy with me. And last but not the least PHYSICAL APPEARANCE. I have been told or say reminded by a lot of people that I am UGLYand even I think that is true because honestly no girls give a damn about me, every-one simply ignores me. Please I need help. I can't live with these thoughts any longer. Regards,
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time please help me.
How can be deal with wife 28 year old, who always becomes bullies with slang abusive word loudly in anger and she is suffering with ocd fear of contamination. She never be calm always do their activity in anger and always being quarrelsome. Pls suggest some tips to deal against her.
I have friend from last 6 to 7 years, He got married as soon as our friendship started? Now suddenly realised we are both are emotional to each other. And now it's all messed.
Schizophrenia affects over 1% of the world’s population and affects the way a person thinks, feels and behaves. In most cases, it is diagnosed when a person is between the ages of 16 to 25. This condition can be hereditary and is said to affect men more often than women. Schizophrenia is characterized by an inability to distinguish between real and imaginary which can lead to delusions, social withdrawal, hallucinations and other forms of social and occupational dysfunction.
Schizophrenia affects different people in different ways. On the basis of the type of symptoms exhibited, this disease has been categorized into 5 sub types. These are:
- Paranoid schizophrenia: This type of schizophrenia is characterized by delusions and hallucinations that may make the person exhibit paranoid behaviour. These people often feel like they are being watched or followed and may have delusions of grandeur. They may also get angry quickly on minor issues and show signs of anxiety and hostility.
- Disorganized schizophrenia: In such cases, the person may behave in ways that are difficult to understand or speak in broken sentences and have difficulty structuring a sentence. They may also display inappropriate behaviour and react in ways not suitable to the occasion. People suffering from disorganized schizophrenia may also neglect their personal hygiene.
- Catatonic schizophrenia: People suffering from catatonic schizophrenia may swing between immobility and periods of rapid movement. They may stay quiet for hours or talk rapidly repeating everything they hear. These people have a high risk of harming themselves as they are usually unable to look after themselves and complete daily activities.
- Undifferentiated schizophrenia: People suffering from this type of schizophrenia exhibit behaviour that fits into more than one type of schizophrenia. From time to time they may have hallucinations, suffer from delusions or display catatonic behaviour and disorganized behaviour or speech.
- Residual schizophrenia: Even though a person may not be currently showcasing any signs of schizophrenia, they are said to have residual schizophrenia. Such people need to have had at least one schizophrenic episode. These people may exhibit symptoms later or be in complete remission.
With schizophrenia, an early diagnosis can make treatment easier and hence if you notice anyone exhibiting signs of schizophrenia, you must advise them to seek medical help immediately. Schizophrenia cannot be cured but it can be managed with a combination of typical or atypical medication and cognitive therapy. The latter can be in the form of self-help groups, housing and employment programs, counselling and therapy.