Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. S NambiYour feedback matters!
Dear sir/ madam I am a 46 years old unmarried guy with ocd (hand washing, preoccupied with cleanliness) I am jobless. I have worked for 3- 4 years at various concerns. Nowadays I find myself feeling tired easily, I get exhausted easily. I feel sleepy after having breakfast, food. I feel depressed also. I have lost my confidence which I hardly had in my past even. I cannot work among a group of people. I have social anxiety, inferiority complex, insecurities with appearance. I have a very very poor memory and I lack concentration. I am 46 and complaining like a college goer. I am ashamed of myself. I am good for nothing fellow. I am a useless fellow. I have worked at various concerns and I find people working and feeling normal like whereas I find myself in a miserable state unable to perform my job, unable to socialise, and then the other issues which I discussed before. I may commit suicide if my situation deteriorates. Is there anyone in this world who can help me without taking any fees. Rgds Monty.
I am a marijuana smoker. How to leave this? Because when I smoke my heart beat going very fast, and I feel weakness.
Hi I am 36 years old, I always think negatively why, some times I laugh when other person lost or loose some thing, feel happy when other person in trouble. When I am lonely I will think about sex why. My mind always divert towards ladies and thinking about sex. There is no control please help me to get resolved.
My nature is so quiet, am very emotional person. Any situation however it is not big but I take it very serious, my mood off most of the time. Only negative things going on my mind.help me please
I am 20 years old. Gender female. I cant express any feeling. Specially sad, crying. If I want to crying always with smile. Nobody take it seriously. What can I do?
Sir mera chota bhai lagabhag 2 sal se bhut jayada totlata hai kafeee badam vagera bhi khila diya or herbal tereatment bhi kara liya koi aaraam nahi mila So please suggest me. M apne bhai k liy kya kar sakta ho.
I have been suffering from love failure and this has lead to losing all my interest in everything and has also caused sleeplessness. I have no peace of mind. I feel I have reached to the stages of depression. What should I do?
I passed through an environment of depression for many years due to some family problems. I am married, but my problem is, if I am active (I m on top) during intercourse I get finished in 5 mins but if I am passive (I m laid down n wife on top) then I can sustain for more than 30 mins many times and 20 mins easily every time. I want to be good when on top or when I am active during intercourse.
I'm 17 years old. I'm studying degree second year. I'm very well in studies. But I have been losing concentration power gradually. Please help me to gain and grow my concentration power for my education.
Sir I have done endoscopy because of voice not coming clear 3 month completed. In endoscopy found nodule on vocal cord. Doctor suggest me surgery what should I do. Can not this problem treated without surgery. I am very worry sir. Please suggest me what should I do?
Gender Identity Disorder or Gender Dysphoria causes the patient to think that he or she is does not belong to the gender that may be physically apparent. This condition may cause severe stress, anxiety and depression.
Let us find out more about the depressive conditions caused due to this disorder and how this depression may be treated:
- Trapped: One of the most common emotions that a patient experiences while suffering from this condition includes feeling trapped in the wrong body. For example, while all the physical and visual signs may point at the male status of the patient, he may actually feel that he is a female. In such cases, the patient often feels like the body does not reflect his or her true gender. This can cause the patient to feel trapped, which in turn can lead to feelings like restlessness.
- Anxiety: Once the restlessness sets in, general dissatisfaction grows, which is the earliest sign of anxiety. The intense discomfort experienced by the patient can lead to severe anxiety where he or she shuns normal functioning and socialising. The patient may choose to stay alone and isolated in the long run, which can fuel further anxiety when the patient is faced with social situations like school, work and others.
- Mismatch: The depression and anxiety also comes from a sense of mismatch that the patient may feel when it comes to the gender in the mind and the physical gender that may be parlayed with the genitals as well as other areas of the body and development. This mismatch will need to be addressed in order to get to the root of the depression and anxiety experienced by the patient.
- Talk Therapy: Talk therapy is one of the most common and popular forms of therapy that has been used for this kind of disorder. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy or CBT is one of the most effective forms of therapy used for conditions like depressions due to GID or any other kind of depression and anxiety. With this kind of therapy, the patient can be brought face to face with the problem before reprogramming the attitude, thinking and resulting behaviour of the patient to be more accepting of the condition. Also, any physical therapy will have to backed by it.
- Trans Sexuality and Homosexuality: With the help of therapy, one of the most important and initial barriers that will have to brought down is the opinion of the patient. The patient will have to be made aware of the fact that his or her problem does not convert his or her into a transsexual or homosexual. This condition is not the same a sexual orientation issue.