Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S Nambi
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. S NambiYour feedback matters!
The doctor was very good and very patiently heard our problems. He then prescribed medicines which we started right away. We observe excellent change for the good even after 2 days of taking the medicines. Very good Doctor.
Am suffering from depression. And I have take antidepressants and. Depression reduced. Bt I facing some low energy. please help me.
This is SATYA from Visakhapatnam. I am unable to quit my smoking habit due to my psychological condition like my financial status. What can I do for quite my smoking habit.
I'm 20 years old female. I'm suffering from tension. Is trika is useful and if yes then in how much time it take to work and if I take 2 tablet of trika .25 mg. Is it harmful.
I am 26 year old female. I have suffered mentally. Some time I lugging and then crying again lugging in sleep
Living with anxiety on a daily basis can be really stressful. And while you are dealing with anxiety, it is very important not to sway away with the symptoms and commit yourself to a treatment. For instant release of anxiety, you really don't need to go for a vacation or to the spa or on a weekend retreat. It is easy to beat anxiety within 5-15 minutes at the comfort of your home. So, don't think and instantly reduce your anxiety to give yourself a wonderful day.
1. Meditation: Meditation for a few minutes daily helps in relieving anxiety. As per a research, doing meditation daily changes the neural pathways of the brain, thereby making it more flexible towards stress. Meditation is the simplest way to beat anxiety. All you have to do is just sit straight with feet on the floor and closed eyes. Next, just focus your energy on reciting a mantra.
2. Deep Breathing: A 5-minute breathing regime is a sure shot to relieve anxiety. Sit straight with closed eyes and place your hands on your abdomen. First, start with slow inhalation of air through the nose. Feel the breath through your abdomen and head and then reverse the process by exhaling it out through the mouth. Psychologists state that deep breathing helps to bring down stress and anxiety by lowering the blood pressure.
3. Laugh Aloud: A good laugh is a nice way to shed off the stress and anxiety. When you laugh chemical endorphins are released which elevate your mood. A good laugh also lowers the cortisol levels which are the stress hormone.
4. Talk to someone: Distracting yourself by talking to friends and family helps. The support you get from family and friends just boosts you back and wards you off from the symptoms. In case of a panic attack, you can request the company of a friend and relative to watch over you.
5. Trick your anxious thoughts: Anxiety does not happen suddenly but is due to the mind's tendency to have negative thoughts spiralling day in and day out, and the worse is that you have no control over the thoughts. Learn to tame these thoughts and the triggers which cause these to keep anxiety at bay.
There are strategies which you can try to help you keep anxious thoughts away:
a. Question yourself when you experience anxiety. A long checklist helps you make your thoughts more realistic.
b. Give affirmations to yourself that everything is okay, you will get over the situation. Usually, affirmations are made to comfort one.
c. Know the physical symptoms as many times physical sensations like in case of a panic attack tend to trigger anxiety and stress. When you get used to the symptoms the mind does not send signals for anxiety to the brain. Create exercise to habituate yourself to a panic attack.
There is no cure for anxiety but the fastest way to get your anxiety under control is to simply manage it.
I am 55 years old, my problem is that I like only selected persons, usually I do not want to mix up with every one because I dislike most of the persons, I meet.
A certain psychiatric condition which causes a person to be functionally impaired in social and occupational settings is known as Impulse Control Disorder. Most of you are granted with the ability to think before you act but it isn't the case for people suffering with such a condition. People diagnosed with this condition are not able to withstand the urge to do something detrimental to themselves or other people.
This condition is similar to other disorders such as kleptomania, compulsive gambling and pyromania to name a few. Although people suffering from this disorder do not plan their acts, the acts they do perform generally fulfill their conscious wishes. Other disorders of such similar nature like Kleptomania and ADHD, which are associated with difficulty in controlling impulses but that is not their chief feature. Patients of impulse control disorder find it highly distressful and are hence often seen to lose control of their actions and consequently their lives.
What causes this disorder?
Some medical practitioners are of the opinion that this disorder is a subgroup of other conditions such as stress, anxiety, OCD and other such. Scientists and researchers are not particularly sure what causes this condition but have determined that it can be caused due to a combination of physiological, emotional and psychological factors pertaining to cultural and societal aspects. Also, certain brain structures linked to emotions and memory functions in and around the frontal lobe are linked to planning functions and impulses.
Some studies show that certain hormones such as testosterone which are associated with aggression and violence may also play a role in forming such disorder. Aggressive and violent behaviors are apparent in people suffering from this disorder. Certain studies have shown a connection between certain forms of seizure disorders and aggressive impulsive behaviors.
People with such disorders are also more likely to contract addiction and mood disorders. Antidepressants are usually prescribed in treating such disorders.