Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. S NambiYour feedback matters!
Im depression and anxiety patient. I have take medicine before 5 years. Now again I have started medicine. How long will take medicine?
Kya me dipression me hu mera kisi se b bt krne ka man nhi krta h pehle me Jin logo ki company enjoy krti thi ab unhi Se milna acha nhi lagta naa mere pass bate hoti h krne ko me un logo ko nhi samjha Pati ki me ASI ku hu mje bilkul hasi nhi aati h me sirf bethe bethe apne purane Dino. K bare me sochti rahti hu mje nhi Pata me Kya kru.
I am addicted to smoke less tobacco, day by day addiction is going to be more, I want to quit tobacco but I can't, I tried many times but I can not quit. Can you please help me? I am taking 10-15 times in a day.
Mental illnesses are health conditions involving changes in thinking, emotion or behavior (or a combination of these). Mental illnesses are associated with distress and/or problems functioning in social, work or family activities.
Mental health forms the basis of thinking, communication, learning, resilience, and self-esteem. Mental health is also key to relationships, personal and emotional well-being and contributing to community or society.
Many people who have a mental illness do not want to talk about it. But mental illness is nothing to be ashamed of! it is a medical condition, just like heart disease or diabetes. And mental health conditions are easily treatable with the right kind of treatment.
Mental illness does not discriminate; it can affect anyone regardless of your age, gender, income, social status, race/ethnicity, religion/spirituality, sexual orientation, background or another aspect of cultural identity. Mental illnesses take many forms. Some are fairly mild and only interfere in limited ways with daily life, such as certain phobias (abnormal fears). Other mental health conditions are so severe that a person may need care in a hospital.
Hlo sir. As I am having exams these days so I had to do studies and to sit on the chair for continuously for soo many hours without any support to the back bone so I am facing a severe pain in my back bone so can us suggest me something to get out of it. Thank you.
Depression is a very common emotion you might have experienced at least once during your lifetime. Depression refers to a state of mind when you are feeling low due to persistent sadness and loss of interest. But if the depression is chronic and long lasting for you, then it indicates that you are suffering from clinical depression. Under clinical depression, it is preferable that you go through a proper treatment course by a certified therapist. The Most common types of depressions are:
- Major depression - Under this type of a depression you will be depressed for most days of the week and if this condition extends for a period greater than 2 weeks, then it is a case of major depression. The most common method to treat a major depression is to talk to a mental health specialist and take medications called antidepressants (only after a prescription by a certified doctor).
- Persistent depressive disorder - This is a more severe and long lasting type of depression which is identified if you are depressed over a period longer than 2 hours. The most common symptoms of this type of a disorder are - change in your appetite, too much or too little sleep, lack of energy or fatigue, low self-esteem, trouble concentrating or making decisions, feeling hopeless among others.
- Bipolar disorder - If you are experiencing extreme ups and downs of mood abruptly and without any apparent reason, then you might be suffering from this disorder. This disorder is commonly known as a maniac depression, because during an up phase you will be extremely happy, joyful outgoing and talkative but during the low phase you will be sad, tired and depressed.
- Seasonal affective disorder - This type of a depression might bother you only during the winter season. This happens whenever the days are shorter and your body is not able to get enough of sunlight. This mostly happens in the case of people who are very fond of sunlight, and they prefer the sunshine over dark periods of the night. This disorder is treated by SAD antidepressants and everyday light therapy of 15 to 20 minutes.
- Psychotic depression - Under this type of a depression, you will have a major depression along with some psychotic symptoms like - hallucinations, delusions, and paranoia. Hallucinations mean viewing things that are not there, in reality, delusions are false beliefs or misconceptions and paranoia is the constant fear that somebody is going to harm you.
I was not feeling well so I went to doctor, doctor gave me antibiotic tablets, but after taking the tablets I was feeling well ,but after some hours inside my body was full paining my hands an legs and my mouth would become dry, but I would eat normally ,only my body is paining little fever is inside it is going an coming as in Mumbai the climate is changing ,can you tell me what to do for it .thanks.
Hello All, Greetings, Here is my problem. Am over possessive on my friends. This is my character. Till my PG Studies i was in boys school and boys college. So there is no interaction with Girls. When i entered into a IT Company, The company is a small one. The Boys and Girls are taking very closely. Every girl has a close friend as boy and the girls are depending the boys. That makes me feels lonely. From that onwards i started to talking a girl. Finally she was very close to me and am also very close to her. Whatever it is she never forgot to call me. In that time her roomate loves a boy. Whenever her roommate going for outing with my friend only. I hate that and fight with her. She knows am loving her and she also loved me. In recent days my office boys 2 members talking to her. That makes more angry and argued with her daily. Finally she complaints me in the company and lost my job. Still am loving her deeply. I want her in my life. What can i do? How can i reduce my anger
I am 24 years old. Im unable to increase my health profile. Wt is d normal suggested diet for improvement improvement in my health. I smoke cigarette 5 to 6 a day. In my cough black cough is coming after spitting. Wt is d suggested techniques get rid of such black cough. Is it due toexcessivetar in my lungs or d dust from road.
Hello Doctor, I am 22 years old boy 1 year ago I faced a shock in my life that lead me to depression. psychiatrist advised me some medicine. I took for 15 days but after 15 days a local doctor advised me to give up that medicine as I could be addicted to it. Now after 1 year my life is almost alright. But still some times I feel restless for 1-3 minutes that's also very minor. I think I have recovered 90% depression as my muscle pain is also gone. Am I doing right.
I am 8 years old, not able to pay attention in studies, I would like to play any game, interested, continuously, without bothering time. Please advise.
I am 19 years old and I am not able to study I have my major studies I have tried a lot of things but nothing much happened. What should I do?
My sister has some major problem like taking in herself, laughing, getting very violence and suddenly she becomes normal also. Its from lest 4yrs now she is 18yrs old. I tried with lots of doctor like neurologist, psychiatric. But can' t diagnose her real problem. Now what to do?
Saif and Kareena show you how to bridge the age gap perfectly in relationships
There’s a lot to learn from the love story of the 10th Nawab of Pataudi, Saif Ali Khan, and the Bollywood actress, Kareena Kapoor. Despite the 13 year age gap between them, the two have a very strong and mature relationship. So what keeps the two sticking together through thick and thin? Here’s how Saif and Kareena have bridged the age gap to emerge as a powerful couple.
1. They know that age is just a number
For Saif and Kareena the 13 year difference is not an issue. They know that what matters in the end is not how old you are but the kind of personality you have. Both Saif and Kareena have a mature personality, and they gel perfectly well with each other. This is the reason why they are able to connect and maintain a strong and healthy relationship.
2. They care about each other’s family
Kareena has a very strong relationship with Sharmila Tagore, Saif’s mother. Not only that, Kareena has also made sure she is on good terms with Saif’s children from his previous marriage as well. Accepting each other’s family and past is a very important step in making a relationship work. Not only that, their families act as a support group for them, which helps them going on despite the difference of years between them.
3. They share common interests
Another thing that makes their relationship work is the fact that they share several common interests, which help them in coming closer and making their bond stronger. Saif and Kareena often go on trips together, attend cricket matches together and make it a point to go out for regular romantic dinner dates.
4. They respect each others’ views
Nothing could be more important in a relationship than respecting each other’s decisions. The Pataudi family tradition had women changing to Islam after marriage, with even Sharmila Tagore converting after her marriage. However, Kareena did not want to, and Saif fully supported her decision. Even their marriage ceremony was a mishmash of their differing religions. So, if you want your relationship to work, be very open and accepting of each other’s differences and views.