Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S Nambi
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. S NambiYour feedback matters!
The doctor was very good and very patiently heard our problems. He then prescribed medicines which we started right away. We observe excellent change for the good even after 2 days of taking the medicines. Very good Doctor.
I have been smoking 1 cigarette a day for last two years. I am 18 right now. How bad is my health condition and the status of my lungs. I don't feel any problems in athletics. How bad is it.
Dear Doctor, How to come out of Basic depressions like worry about not getting a job (I am 60 years old worked for 40 years but still I want to work) My daughter staying with her girlfriend for the past 2 years ,she doesn't want to stay with us. Unable to control my diabetic with proper medicine and insulin. What I have to do. Kindly help me.
Hi sir/madam I am 18 year old ,from my childhood onwards I been arguing so so so much and heavy argument and screaming from last 2 years so much. From last 2 months I have symptoms like. If I talk so much my throat is paining wch will go if rest my voice. And If I swallow food means I feel something like obstacle is there. When I am swallowing. It may be some vocal cord growth or I don't know. Lybrate doctor please tell me that .will my problem Is solve if I give complete talking rest or It is any serious problem please clarify me doctor as per your knowledge. Please doctor please clarify me.
I am 21 years old I am emotional person I get hurt easily I cry easily I lack confidence I don't hurt others I don't want to be emotional because I cry when someone beats me, I. Get affected when some kid teases me or argues I have read emotional person by Karyn hall phd to overcome my emotional sensitivity and also search Wikipedia for overcoming sensitivity It said that it is a genetic trait and has to be accepted So my point is can I change my behaviour if the trait is genetic trait Or it is impossible to change behavioural genetic traits.
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.