Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S M Ravishankar
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S M RavishankarYour feedback matters!
Sir/Madam, I can't sleep, constipation, Gas trouble, feeling High BP and my skin colour has dark as earlier I was fair. Now I am for sex which is not possible as I am still unmarried but going to marriage as earliest .so my question is this these problems are creating due to I am still unmarried. . Pls reply.
From last two months I am suffering from some red rashes and also itching on both of my legs near private part I have use betnovate GM after that ringcutter and also I have take some antibiotics for that. Jabh bhi thik hone jada h toh fir se red red spots se a jate h aur fir se khujli bhi hone lagti h abh mere hip pr bhi ye ho gya h jada toh nahi but h thoda sa paehle circle type me hua tha pr abh chote chote spot se h waha red colour ke abhi me candid dusting powder use kar raha hu pr puri tarah thik nahin ho raha h kya kru?
Blackheads and whiteheads not only make you look unattractive, but also are hard to cure and keep recurring. Fortunately, there are quite a few substances and food items available in every kitchen that can effectively and naturally treat them and can also prevent them from recurring!
Some of the best natural treatments for whiteheads and blackheads are-
1. Use milk- milk is a natural cleanser. Add a hint of lemon juice to half a cup of milk and mix it well with half a spoon of salt. Apply this mixture while scrubbing thoroughly on the entire surface of your face skin. This method decreases whiteheads and blackheads in a week and also stops them from recurring.
2. Cinnamon & honey- a paste made up of one tablespoon of cinnamon powder and adequate honey is a very effective mixture. Apply it on the face, especially on the affected areas, and keep it on for the entire night. Wash it off in the morning. Continue this every night till whiteheads and blackheads disappear.
3. Baking soda- baking soda is exceptionally good to treat several skin problems. A mixture of baking soda and water must be applied on the face. Once it dries, wash it off. This mixture dries off the whiteheads and blackheads and also removes excessive oil from the skin.
4. Mint & turmeric- extract 4 teaspoons of mint juice and add half a spoon of turmeric making a thick paste. Apply it on affected areas for a while. Once this paste dries off, wash your face with water. Milk can replace mint juice if desired.
5. Lemon juice- squeeze out lemon juice from 2 big sized lemons. Add some water to reduce the acidic effect. Dip a cotton ball in it and rub it across your face. You can do this several times a day. This is the simplest method to treat whiteheads and blackheads.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Dear sir i am 28 years old. Sir every year June to Nov my skin will dry and make color . Is started solder, neck, back side. When I use soap then moli (kachra) stuck and I press by finger then comes out black color. This time white spot showing. After Nov it will come previous color. Now I use candid powder and skin clear.please help
The vaginal or the vulvar area is a well-lubricated area which serves various functions. Vaginal dryness can be not just an embarrassing issue, but an overall health issue. One of the main reasons for decreased sex drive in women is vaginal dryness. Though a woman of any age can have vaginal dryness, it is common for the following groups, menopause, after childbirth, during lactation, and in women on hormone replacement therapy. The hormone levels play a major role in the vaginal dryness, and so these conditions lead to increased dryness. It can also lead to vaginal itching and burning. It may also lead to bleeding in severe cases. There is a host of associated complaints like mood swings, irritability, depression, hot flushes, and reduced libido in these women. Homeopathy offers to help get rid of not just the dryness but these associated symptoms as well.
The most commonly used, three homoeopathic remedies for treating vaginal dryness are Sepia, Lycopodium, Platina, Argentum Nitricum, and Natrum Mur. Each of these should be used based on accompanying symptoms, and self-medication is not advised. The doctor will have a long discussion with you to identify the associated symptoms and then draw up a customised treatment plan. However, the indications for each of the ingredients are listed below. Given the sensitive nature of the topic, it is also advisable to include the partner in these discussions as they can cooperate and help in managing the mood swings and in working out alternatives to the impaired sexual life.
- Sepia: One of the most widely used compound to treat vaginal dryness, it yields great results when it is associated
- Painful sex and bleeding following intercourse
- Associated with menopause and therefore mood swings and hot flushes
- A bearing down sensation where the woman feels the uterus is going to slip down into the vagina
- Genitals are tender to the touch
- These women have an aversion to sex
- Lycopodium: This is another commonly used ingredient, and indicated in women who have vulvar dryness is associated with vaginal burning sensation
- Platina: The vaginal dryness is accompanied by genital hypersensitivity, increased sexual urge, and itching. It is also useful in cases of both dyspareunia and vaginismus (involuntary contractions of the vagina).
- Argentum Nitricum: This is most suitable when there is painful sex followed by bleeding.
- Natrum Mur: This is useful when there is itching and soreness in the vaginal area associated with an acrid discharge.
- Bellis perennis: This is useful when there is a bruised sensation in the vagina, which leads to interruption of intercourse.
As noted above, these are some common ingredients but should not be used without consultation with a doctor. Involving the partner is also useful in getting improved results.
I am 27 years old, I am getting red color rash like thing only near my joints like ties, arm pits, knees etc day by day they are spreading problem is from 1 year. Please advice it is not itching or bleeding, it is just spreading day by day, please advice.
Botox is safe, effective, and it really works. It can be used for both men and women above 30s. BOTOX releases the contraction of the muscle in order to reduce muscle-causing wrinkles in the upper facial area. Botox involves a tiny injection into areas. Botox is relatively painless and takes ten mnutes. No wonder it is known as the “LUNCH TIME PROCEDURE ”. Botox paralyzes those muscles and gets rid of wrinkles around the eye area(CROW’S FEET), forehead (FROWN LINES), drooping angles of mouth, dimple chin, nasolabial folds, neck bands, Brow flare . For other applications such as hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating, Botox really works. So Botox surgery is minimally invasive. It's a small needle stick and it really works as advertised. Avoid aspirin , vitamin E and blood thinners for one to two weeks before undergoing botox treatment. It is the best in the hands of an expert dermatologist. For many doctors, what's interesting is they have either physician assistants or nurse practitioners that are giving the Botox injections within their office WHICH IS UNETHICAL AND MALPRACTICE. Botox’s effect on smoothing out facial wrinkles is only temporary (upto 6 months) so has to be repeated. When considering ne’s facial enhancement options, BOTOX is quite affordable. Many people are surprised at the relative cost as compared to other appearance related investments such as facials, hair coloring etc.