Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S M RavishankarYour feedback matters!
I have so much of black heads on my face and I have pimples too! So what can I do to remove them? Plzz tell me asap.
My sex problem and my skin problems my wife same problem I hope my problem clear my problem 25 years old thanks.
Can I use panders plus for reddish lips. As lips are in becoming darkening. Please suggest me some cream.
Dear sir i am 28 years old. Sir every year June to Nov my skin will dry and make color . Is started solder, neck, back side. When I use soap then moli (kachra) stuck and I press by finger then comes out black color. This time white spot showing. After Nov it will come previous color. Now I use candid powder and skin clear.please help
I have some cracks in the heels of my both legs. I applied many antibiotics but the problem do not decrease, the cracks are increasing day by day. Please give me some tips to solve that problem.
I have dark skin bcoz I was travelling for my college 5 years after that my skin turned dark from fair what should I do its affecting my personal and professional life?
Meri skin oilly h or bahut pasina ata h. Or mere thyroid h to kya is wajah se ata h itna pasina. Koi face wash btaye jisse pasina ana kam ho or ye oilly skin shi ho.
I ama 23 year girl. My skin is black and oily. I want glowing skin and also improve skin complication. So what type moisturiser or anything I can use? I also want to know any night cream that I can use?
Hii. One of my female friend is having rashes on her right breast. This is the only issue she is having. Pls suggest.
I'm suffering from eczema skin disease, red rashes on my entire body And also under treatment. What are the foods I should strictly avoid?
I have good white face but last some month I have darkness and dark spot on face. So what can I do. Does aloe vera give me whiteness and good face please suggest.
I want to become fairer, my whole body skin is going on dark day by day and specially my hand and foot. Please advise me the appropriate treatment and remedy for the same.
I am suffering from skin allergies and it is spreading slowly whole body like dark and white patches pls guide me how to cure this.
I am 32 years old. I have dark eye circles which seems to be increasing onwards from corner of eyes towards the nose portion. Please suggest something effective.
Doc has given me aha glow facewash when I apply facewash my skin become dry. Now I want to know this facewash is for winter or summer .or both.
Clear, blemish free skin is something every man and woman strives for, but only few people are blessed with it. Hyperpigmentation is one of those skin conditions that can distract attention from your natural beauty. Hyperpigmentation is a condition characterized by the excessive production of melanin resulting in dark patches on the skin. This condition can be a result of acne, other skin infections or as a side effect of medication.
Here are a few Ayurvedic remedies that can help treat this condition.
- Potatoes: Potato juice can be very helpful in treating dark spots caused by excessive melanin. Slice a potato and put a few drops of water on the potato to stimulate the potato juices. Alternatively grate the potato and squeeze the juice out. Rub the slice of potato on the affected area or apply the juice on your skin and leave for half an hour. Doing this regularly for a month and it should show you significant results.
- Cucumber and lemon: Lemon juice is well known for its bleaching properties. When combined with the cooling properties of cucumber, it is a great cure for hyperpigmentation. To use it, grate some cucumber and mix it with lemon juice. Apply this on your skin twice a day and wash it off after 20 minutes. You could also use both these ingredients individually.
- Papaya: Papaya is rich in an enzyme called papain. This enzyme helps in exfoliating the skin and remove dead cells. Once the cells in the epidermis layer have been removed, new skin cells will be regenerated. This is a slow process, but with time, you will notice fewer dark patches on your skin. For best result, grate a piece of papaya and apply on the affected area.
- Almonds: Dryness is a major cause of excessive melanin, you can combat with natural fatty acid present in almonds. Soak a few almonds in a cup of milk and leave overnight. The next morning, skin the almonds and grind to make a paste with the milk. Apply the paste on your skin and leave until dry.
- Water: Lastly, drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated. Water also helps flush toxins that cause hyperpigmentation in your body. Usnodaka is an Ayurvedic process of drinking boiled water. Boiling water for a minimum of 5 minutes, helps stimulate the digestive system to expel harmful toxins. You should ideally drink 6 to 8 liters of water a day for healthy skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.