Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S ArthanariYour feedback matters!
I am over 60 having blockages in my arteries.Under regular medicine management for high bloodpressure.Taking b.P.Medicines and blood thinner.Due to this as a after affect starting having erectile dysfuntion. Now further worsening advise.
Sir, I have man boobs problem (right boob mainly) they are not due to hormones disorders but they are due to my own mistakes. I used to be big fan of wwe (wrestling) from childhood (10-11 year) and when I saw the wwe superstar I wanted to be like them and at the age of 13-14 started to pull up dumbbells at home to grow my arm muscles and for making my chest like them (wrestlers) I started pull out/stretching my chest with my hands at that time I didn't have enough knowledge of about its effects. Now when I saw my chest its look like a puberty aged girl boobs especially right one. So please help me what should I do to get rid of this problem and please give me the surgery cost for this. please reply fast I am from delhi Current age 20 years.
I am of 62 years retired banker and have been a patient of Hypertension since last 5 years. Presently I have found swelling in my both feet. Please suggest the solution?
Mera right chest main halka sa pain ho raha hai. Sas lene se thora jada pain ho raha hai. please give me some solutions.
I am 33 years old last 2 days I have right side chest pain.I have gas problem please prescribe tablet.
Two days before I felt severe pain downward of left clavicle. It's a severe pain. Mostly occur after meal or drink water. What can I do. ANd what kind of pain it is. My ECG was normal. ANd I'm a gym going guy. Should I continue?
I have chest pain since 10 months my ECG report and chest x Ray is normal now days my right hand ring finger is pain I think it like my nurvey is pain what is the reason for this Also ok suggest me what is the cost for stress cardiogram Test.
2D Echo shows, Left Ventricle EF is 55% and I conclusion it is written as LV RWMA+ and Grade 1 diastolic dysfunction. Is it something serious?
Sir muje kuch time se left side chest me baaripan. bachani.kichabh. Hota hai. Meri reports. Chest xary normal hai. Tsh.1.129hai.cholesterol total. 183.triglyceride level 158. Hdl cholesterol 44. Non hdl 139. Ldl cholesterol 107. Vldl c.31.6.ldl /hdl ratio 2.44.chol /hdl ratio4. 16.Esr 6.whole blood. Rbc 4.97.wbc 5700. platelet 180. Reaction ph 7.0specific gravity 1.005.red blood cell 0.1.pus cells wbc. 0,1.epithelial cells 0'1.urine protein albumin absent. Urine sugar absent. Glucose fasting 101. Calcium 9.7.phosphorous 3.4.renal function Bun 12.1 mg. Creatinine 0.76.uric acid 5.5.liver function total protein 7.1.albumin 4.78.globulin 2.32.a/g ratio 2.06.bilirubin total 0.84 bilirubin direct 0.31 bilirubin indirect 0.53. Sgot ast 26. Sgpt alt 27. Alkaline phosphatase 55. please tell me muje kya pareshani. Or kay medicine leni chahiye.
My daughter while playing with her dad kicked him on the left side of his chest hard. As a result he was facing problem in breathing and vomited after that. A swelling has developed on the lower side of the rib cage. What can be the cause and should he consult a doctor?
Hello. I got my lipid profile tested. I have elevated levels of serum cholesterol as 242.4 mg/dl and serum triglycerides 277.4 mg/dl. Please tell now what to do to get normal values and after how much time should I check them next? Any medicines needed?
Hii my father age 45 is having 190 blood pressure. So I'm getting worried. How it can be reduced. What are the precautions to be taken to reduce bp.
What can I do to lower BP, cholesterol and for a healthy heart. Also advice on preventing diabetes. How to have stronger knees or to reduce pain.
Hello Dr. If cholesterol is high what medicine we have to take and what test you prefer for body test.
Hello I want to ask that does anxiety cause pain in heart or not? If ECG is normal. Then is it only because of anxiety?
My age is 24 years old, Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. I had habit of masturbation since the age of 17 .upto the age of 20 I used to do 1-2 times a day by rubbing penis against bed for hours after that my habit became addiction .it became 5 times daily upto age of 23 means for 3 years .now from 1 years I am ill .my illness becoming more day by day. I left this habit 1 year ago before I was ill. I became ill after 2 months of leaving this habit. I used to have bone and muscle pain in whole body including mouth. Frequent and dark coloured urine. Shooting pain in penis head. Abdominal pain and left half head pain from back side. High bp 150/100. Numbness and tingling in whole body. Too much chest and belly enlargement even I used to eat 1 chappati since 6 month. Excessive hair growth on whole body even in eyebrows and head. .i am having no effect of nutritional medicine on my body. My problems are increasing day by day. I had my some blood test. .my cortisol came 234ng/ml. Total testosterone came 2.73ng/ml. Free testosterone 21. 3pg/ml. Estradiol 28. 3pg/ml. Vitamin b12 is 185pg/ml. Vitamin d is 73. 3nmol/l.2 month ago ut was 114 nmol/l.i used to walk in sunlight every time. I eat vegetables. I took vitamin medicine. Then still my vitamin d is decreasing day by day. Vitamin b12 is also low. Is not it is the cause of all my problems?
Cardiomyopathy is a serious heart disease. It is a disease associated with the heart muscle or myocardium. In this disease, the heart muscles get weak and fails to pump blood to the organs of the body. It has several categories. The categorization depends upon the range of factors. In this disease, irregular heartbeat is observed. These irregularities can lead to heart failure or attack or can trigger problems in the valves. It is important to take care of your heart to avoid such a condition. It is also advisable to see a doctor as soon as the symptoms are noticed to avoid greater damage.
Types of Cardiomyopathy
This disease can be divided into four categories. These are as follows:
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy: It is the most common type. It occurs at a time when the heart muscle gets too weak to pump blood properly. The muscles of the heart get thinner and weak. In fact, this also leads to the expansion of the heart chambers. In common terms, it is also referred to as enlarged heart. In most cases, this is inherited or caused by some coronary artery disease.
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: This is genetically transferred to the patient. In this condition, the heart walls get thicker and this hinders the smooth flow of blood. It is one of the most common types of Cardiomyopathy.
- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia (ARVD): This is a very rare form. It can cause sudden death, especially in young athletes. In this disease, fat and fibrous tissues are responsible for replacing the muscles in the right ventricle. This leads to an abnormal rhythm.
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy: It occurs as the ventricles of the heart get stiff and are unable to relax. This prevents them from getting filled up with blood. Under this situation, you might have to go for a heart transplant.
- Other Types: Some of the other types include Peripartum Cardiomyopathy (the one which occurs after pregnancy), Alcoholic Cardiomyopathy (happens due to excessive intake of alcohol) and Ischemic Cardiomyopathy.
Treatment of Cardiomyopathy
The treatment of Cardiomyopathy depends upon the extent of damage caused. It might not require treatment if symptoms are not very troublesome or prominent. It may be dealt with certain lifestyle changes, adjustments and medications, in cases those needs to be addressed.
Tips to deal with Cardiomyopathy
1. Maintain a healthy lifestyle by getting an adequate amount of night sleep. Go to bed early and wake up early too.
2. Don’t spend long hours in watching television or work till late night
3. Eat a lot of fresh and green-leafy vegetables daily.
4. Avoid the intake of spicy, oily and fast foods.
5. Consume home-cooked food only. Avoid eating out at restaurants or street-side joints.
6. Don’t drink excess coffee, tea or aerated drinks.
7. Don’t consume alcohol or smoke up cigarettes.
8. Don’t live a sedentary life and be a couch potato. Workout and exercise on regular basis.
9. Avoid emotional outburst and try to keep a control over your reactions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.