Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S Arthanari
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S ArthanariYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr. I am doing jog from 2 years. I recently bought a fitness band. Does the fitness band show accurate heartbeat. Because my heart beat is only between 50 to 55 at rest position. If it is accurate heart beat is good or bad?
I am a blood pressure patient. Last week I went to BM BIRLA HEART RESEARCH CENTRE for some test. My echo, ECG, TMT report is normal. So doctor prescribed me CTDT-12.5 for blood pressure. But after take this from two day's feeling dizziness, sweat and nausea, vomiting symptoms. Feeling uncomfortable. Please tell me whats the solution for it.
From 2-3 days I n feeling pain in chest and I have already consults a physician they told that it is muscular pain. My heartbeat varies from 70-90bpm. Is this normal. Or what? Is there is any cardiac issue?
Chest pain may be caused by multiple problems within the body and while being a problem in itself, may also be a symptom of a bigger underlying problem. Chest pain may be caused by anything from simple chest congestion due to a cold to something far more serious such as the onset of a heart attack. While it is important that life style changes be made to prevent major issues, homeopathy can provide relief for many symptoms till extensive medical steps are taken to correct the problem.
Some causes of chest pain
- Onset of a heart attack
- Weakness of the arteries
- Weakness of the heart muscle
- Chest congestion or cold
Symptoms associated with chest pain
- Stable angina – Vice like constriction or choking, pain may be spread to right or left arm or both, dyspnoea before pain.
- Unstable angina – Chest pain occurs at rest.
- Pericarditis – Pain radiates to the left side of the shoulder which gets worse by lying in a flat position.
- Pneumothorax – Severe chest pain along with shortness of breath, cyanosis, restlessness and collapse.
- Pneumonia – Sharp pain which, gets worse by taking deep breath and coughing.
- Pulmonary embolism – Short rapid breathing, sharp pain in middle of the chest that is worse by deep breathing.
- Gastroesophagial reflux disease – Difficult painful swallowing, pain in the middle of chest which, extends to neck, back and shoulders.
- Myocardial – Vomiting, dyspnoea features of shock, profuse sweating, fever, low blood pressure, pulse small rapid and irregular
Homeopathic remedies for various kinds of chest pain
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which a patient is suffering.
The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat chest pain, but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility of the patient. For this patient’s current symptoms, past medical history and family history are taken into account. There are many homeopathic remedies which cover the symptoms of chest pain and can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of the pain. For individualized remedy selection and treatment of chest pain, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. In medical emergencies like myocardial infarction and pulmonary embolism, immediate hospitalization is usually required. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My URICACIDE is 8.0 mg/dl. How to solve that problem? My BP is 120/80. Is it ok or have any problem? Also weight.
My mother's age is 60 and she has high bp. She also faces a different kind of pain ni legs when bp gets high from normal. Foods and fruits and other eatables for her?
Sir, I am 67 years old heart patient and was operated for cabg from escorts heart institute and research centre, new delhi in 2002. After this heart by-pass operation, I am perfectly fine in health. I am doing morning walk 6 km and evening 4 km without any rest regularly and also doing physical exercise, as and when needed and not having any sort of addiction habits, with no any breathing problem. I am diabetic since about 2 years back for which I wanted to have nature cure treatment, for which concerned nature cure hospital, desired my 2d echo report and the same was done on 19.03. 2015 from hero dmc heart institute, ludhiana. From the observations of 2d echo report, my lvef was observed 45% (50-80%) (mod. Simpson) which has put my mind on full tension due to some abnormal report. I visited fortis escorts heart institute, new delhi on 9.5. 2015 and had dobutamine- stress echo test, my particulars are as under: name of patient devinder kumar age 67 years. Gender male date of birth 20/12/1947. Height 5 ft 8 inch. Weight 83 kg. Blood group b + positive current medical problem as regards heart, I have no physical problem but since the observation of 2d echo report my lvef is below the normal range, which is causing full tension/feeling risk for life. Other diagnosed medical problems. 2nd problem is diabetic for which I am taking treatment. My main anxiety is:- whether my lvef will improve with medicines, or will remain as is and the medicines so prescribed will continue permanently and in this case the medicines may kindly be prescribed, earlier medicines taken by me are not reliable. Whether morning/evening walk/exercise is permitted or to be avoided? any risk/precautions? as mentioned in escorts heart institute dobutamine- stress ehco report: -------------------------------------------------------------------- lvef 45% at baseline and lvef 52% at peak dose needs clarification. Impression: dobutamine stress echo test is negative for reversible myocardial ischaemia may kindly be clarified please. Any surgery or other procedure recommended. In view of latest dobutamine-stress echo I want to seek fresh prescription from your side, which will improve my lvef, for which I fully hope that I will be fully helped and I convey my thanks for this act of kindness. Present medicines taken by me are not reliable. With deepest regards, yours sincerely.
The heart is a muscular organ that pumps blood to the entire body through a network of arteries and veins. This network contains big vessels which branch out further to supply blood to the distant organs. There is, therefore, some pressure that the heart and thereby the vessels need to exert to push the blood through these vessels. This is known as blood pressure, and normal pressure levels range from 90-140(systolic)/60-90(diastolic) mm of Hg. However, due to various reasons, this pressure could be more, which is one of the first signs of heart disease.
Causes of increased blood pressure:
- Thickening of the blood vessels. With age, the elastic blood vessels naturally turn rigid and less elastic, so there is more pressure required to push blood. It is natural for people over 55 years of age to have higher readings of blood pressure. This is known as primary hypertension (HTN)
- Narrowed blood vessels. This happens due to cholesterol accumulation along the walls of the blood vessels. Faulty dietary habits along with sedentary lifestyle have increased the incidence of hypertension due to this condition, known as atherosclerosis. Critical atherosclerotic narrowing of renal arteries lead to renovascular HTN that is one of the commonest of secondary HTN.
Other Causes of secondary hypertension are:
- Kidney problems
- Thyroid hormone disorders
- Congenital heart defects
- Chronic alcohol abuse
- Adrenal gland tumours
- Chronic use of medications like birth control pills, pain killers, etc.
Unidentified and uncontrolled hypertension can be silent and can lead to more severe conditions like heart attack and stroke. India is fast becoming the new hypertension capital of the world. Some of the common risk factors are:
- Family history
- Being obese or overweight
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Alcohol consumption
- Excessive salt intake
- Stress levels
- Ethnic background
- Hypertension can go undetected for years together, but if there are risk factors like diabetes and high cholesterol, it is advisable to periodically monitor blood pressure.
- Headaches, nosebleeds, and shortness of breath should not be ignored. These can be the first warning signs of hypertension, and if detected early, preventive measures can be taken.
- If there are co-morbid risk factors, it is advisable to constantly keep a check on BP readings.
This includes a combination of diet and lifestyle modifications.
- Quit smoking and alcohol: Of the many wonders quitting smoking can do, reducing BP readings is just one. The improvement would be almost instantaneous. Quit or else reduce alcohol and see dramatic improvements.
- Weight management: Through a combination of diet and exercise, ensure that weight is brought under control. Set a target BMI (Below 26 kg/m2) and work towards it religiously.
- Diet: Reduce salt, increase potassium, increase vitamin D, eat a heart-healthy diet, and see the hypertension readings improve. Please find attached and reviewed copy for health tip for posting
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!