Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S Arthanari
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S ArthanariYour feedback matters!
I am facing shortness of breath this is happened earlier 2 months ago so I consulted pulmonoligist he advice me to have tests like CBP ECG PFT so I done those tests everything was normal in that tests so doctor advice me to take tablets for 1 month those tablets are montair-FX and nexito plus so I used that medicines for month then there was no problem again the same problem arises now and I have consulted a doctor he prescribed me to take inderal 10 mg daily 2 times and clonotril 0.25 mg daily one tablet at night.
My father is 72 years old. Is heart failure patient no blockage in heart. Eco is showing 35. Doctor said heart transplant. Suggest Ayurveda medicine and doses for a day please.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 week and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
I am taking medicine for hypertension for the last 20 years (Aten and later Amlodipin) Is there any side effects for long time usage of this medicine?
Hi I am 38 years old I am hypertensive and taking (telmisartan+ hydrochlorothiazide) tablet since 10 years. Now a days I am feeling very stressed and feeling hungry very soon after taking meal, Is this due to stress.
Hi,I'm 15 yes old and I have a big bone right beside my heart and every time I breath it hurt. What should I do.
I am 30 years old . My self sumit from Ludhiana . So many times my head ache in forehead and in side area of head . And so many times my headache cause of a lot of thought. But I am trying do thing less . But I am not success in this activities. I am taking clonazepam 2 to 3 tablets in week . But I don't have got any relief from this dies. Some times my blood pressure is 90/138.
What are the symptoms of high blood pressure? What is the normal blood pressure of a person about 35- 36 years old male?
Cholesterol is a type of fatty acid that is produced by the liver. The body uses cholesterol to perform various activities such as synthesizing of hormones, bile acid and vitamin D. Ayurveda views it as an important component of the body in terms of lubrication. The Ayurvedic approach of balancing cholesterol is not only to curb the cholesterol amount, but also to strictly control diet so that the secretion of cholesterol can be curtailed. Here are a few Ayurvedic hat-tips that can help to lower cholesterol and restore normal body function of the body:
- Medicago satina: They are better known as Alfalfa and is famous for their ability to deal with artery-related diseases. They are capable of clearing arteries that are congested with cholesterol. They can be consumed daily as a whole or by mixing them in juice.
- Arjuna: Arjuna is yet another powerful Ayurvedic herb that is mighty powerful in dealing with cardiac conditions such as heart blockages, heart attacks etc. The bark of the Arjuna tree can be taken and consumed in the form of powder. They have the capability to dissolve cholesterol and prevent heart blockages. This should be consumed earlier in the morning, before breakfast with lukewarm water.
- Coriander: Coriander is considered to be one of the best herbal diuretic agents. It can revitalize the kidneys and help them perform better in terms of excretion of waste. The kidney, therefore, can flush the excess cholesterol from the body. Coriander can be consumed along with food on a daily basis.
- Garlic: Garlic again has been known to mankind for centuries and is extremely beneficial for people suffering from high cholesterol. Two cloves of garlic on a daily basis can completely neutralize the effect of high cholesterol in the blood. Apart from freeing up arteries, garlic has multiple other health benefits.
- Guggulu: This herb is one of the popular herbs among ayurvedic practitioners for treating high blood pressure and high cholesterol in the blood. They contain guggulsterones, which is known to be an active blocker of bad cholesterol in the blood. Consumption of 25 mg of this substance can make a person totally free from high cholesterol. They can be taken after any meals.
- Holy basil or tulsi: Holy basil is another popular and traditional Indian hub that is extensively used by ayurvedic practitioners to treat high cholesterol in the bloodstream. They can eliminate excess cholesterol through the kidneys. It is used for preparing multiple medicines. It is a proven medicinal herb that is very efficient in dealing with excess cholesterol in the blood. They have the ability to disintegrate cholesterol from the body. 2-3 leaves of tulsi can be consumed on a daily basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.