Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Revathy Ananth
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Revathy AnanthYour feedback matters!
The news of pregnancy can be one of the best news in a couple’s lifetime. However, where this news does not arrive, it can turn very stressful. Whatever the reasons, if a couple has been trying to have a baby and are not able to, it can be very strenuous. However, statistics reveal that most couples take four to six months to conceive. Some couples even take up to two years.
Lifestyles are changing and there are a lot of factors, which determine the ability of a couple to conceive. There could be issues with either of the couple, and sometimes it might not even be an actual issue, but only psychological barriers hampering the health of the relationship.
Some common conditions that can contribute to the couple not conceiving include endometriosis, ovarian issues, polycystic ovaries, hormonal imbalances, medical illnesses, etc. A few common remedies can be tried first, before reaching out for professional help.
- Using lubricants without spermicide topical agents may be used, but some of them could contain chemicals, which are spermicides and reduce the sperm count. This needs to be ruled out before investigating the cause for infertility.
- Vitamin B6 helps in the luteal phase, which is from the time of ovulation to menstruation. Zinc also plays a vital role in pregnancy and conception, and so it is advisable to take these supplements when trying to get pregnant.
- Weight management, quit smoking, improved hydration, general detoxification, dietary changes, adequate hours of sleep are some changes that can immensely benefit.
- An ovulation predictor kit and trying to conceive around that time also increases chances of conception.
- For a woman who is 35 years or younger, conception should happen in about four to six months’ time. If not, it is time to see a doctor to see what is preventing pregnancy.
Some of the other conditions, which would require a visit to the doctor are as follows:
- Consumption of regular asthma medications
- Diabetic patients
- Epilepsy patients
- Chronic smoker
- Underweight or overweight women
- Diagnosed endometriosis
- History of polycystic ovaries
- History of irregular periods or other menstrual disorders
- History of thyroid disease, especially hypothyroidism, which is one of the main contributing reasons for infertility. Quite often, treating the thyroid levels can lead to pregnancy
- History of sexually transmitted disease like chlamydia
- History of sexual hormonal imbalance
- History of prolonged use of birth control pills
If there is no underlying medical issue, it will happen, don’t be anxious.
1. Unwanted hair growth.
2. Increase in weight.
3. Facial pimples.
5. Irregular periods, long periods or no periods.
Untreated pcos may lead to a risk of cancer of uterine lining. Treatment may take couple of months.
When ovulation does not take place, the follicle becomes enlarged to form a cyst (fluid filled sac). Ovaries also make too many male hormones, which causes pimples and hair growth.
Homoeopathic treatment will help you get rid of ovarian cyst.
I am suffering from severe menstrual cramps for the past few months. I took scan yesterday and it was confirmed that there is moderate fluid in Pod. And the inference was Pelvic Inflammatory disease (PID). I browsed and came to know that PID is often caused by STD (Sexual Transmitted Disease. Is there any other reason for my pain during menstrual cramps Note: I am unmarried and had no sexual relationship till now. The pain occurs only during periods and not in any other days. I also took urine routine analysis on doctor's advice and the inference was Pus cells (7 - 8) and epithelial cells (3 - 5)
I'm 26 years old female. I'm in a relationship from last 5 years and will get marry to the same guy this year but my problem is I don't allow him to sex. We tried 6 times all failed. I don't know what stops me doing this although I love him, trust him a lot but when are about to sex I stopped him even I don't allow him to touch. What should I do?
I had sex on the new year's night. My expected date for period was 1, or 2. Today is 6th Jan. But I still have not got my periods. Am I pregnant? Help please.
If nuro relapse occurs during pregnancy is it safe to use solu medrol steroid during pregnancy or to avoid it. If I don't take steroid will there be any complications during delivery?
Actually I had not got my periods last month and I had severe dizziness but now I am having dizziness and slight bleeding. What should I do.
What men might not know, however, is that smoking can also lead to erectile dysfunction (ed). Studies have shown that men who smoke are more likely to develop ed. And the more a man smokes - both quantity and duration of time - the worse his ed tends to be.
The good news is that quitting smoking can help restore erections. Let's look at this relationship more closely.
When a man is sexually stimulated, his brain sends signals to the penis to trigger an erection. Smooth muscle tissue relaxes and arteries widen, allowing the penis to fill with blood. When enough blood flows in, veins constrict to keep it there until the man ejaculates (or the stimulation stops). Then the veins open and blood flows back into the body.
As you can see, blood flow is critical for a good erection. Blood is what gives the penis the firmness needed for sex. When blood flow is compromised, so is the erection.
Smoking tobacco releases chemicals that interfere with this process. This can happen in a few ways.
- Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis). Chemicals can damage the lining of blood vessels, making it difficult for blood to flow into the penis.
- damage to smooth muscle tissue. When this tissue can't relax properly, blood flow becomes impaired.
- decreased nitic oxide.Smoking interferes with the body's production of nitric oxide, a compound needed for erections.
- Other health conditions, like diabetes and heart disease, can contribute to ed, too. If you're having erection problems, it's important to have a full checkup with your doctor. But quitting smoking definitely, can't hurt.
Quitting smoking should make you feel better overall. You'll feel good about yourself knowing that you've taken an important step toward better health - and possibly better sex!