Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Revathy AnanthYour feedback matters!
I want ask about pregnancy. How I pregnant. We tried for pregnant since four month but we don't. please give some advise about pregnancy.
1. Always take calcium supplements in calcium citrate form because they don't cause kidney stones.
2. Check what kind of calcium you are taking. Calcium carbonate and calcium phosphate should always be taken with food.
Calcium citrate can be taken anytime with or without food.
3. If you are taking flavoured calcium supplements check it contains sugar or not.
4. Your daily calcium requirements highest during teenage years and after 40.
5 especially women requires around 1200 mg of calcium/day.
6. Vitamin d is essential for proper absorption of calcium.
Responsible for muscles to work and nerves to carry messages between brain and other parts of body.
- Milk, yogurt, cheese
- Kale, broccoli, chinese cabbage, leafy greens
- Fish with soft bones like sardines and salmon and most seafoods
- Cereals, fruit juice, soy, tofu.
Hi doctor, my wife 34y and we have a 6y old daughter. I want to enjoy the sex with my wife without condom and she do not want to get pregnant. please suggest us how we do that?
For past few months I am facing problem in my left breast, it pains specially in night. And also there is kind of knot in my breast. Help me.
Hello. Am 16 week pregnant I have vomiting problem. From past 2 week it has reduced a lot. But when I take iron and calcium tables it makes me so uncomfortable and make me to do more vomit. Is it completely to take that tables. If I didn't take that tables I will be normal.
I had sex with bf taking protection using condoms that did not leaked and had taken I pill after 24 hours .now I am getting spotting in a month twice not normal periods is there chance of pregnancy or any other problem.
Agar 1st delivery cesarin hui hai toh kya second b cesarin hogi compulsary. Mera first 4 saal pehle cesarin hua mai chahti hu k normal ho is bar toh mai kya kru. please suggest.
Hello doctor. Am 25 years old I have not got my period from 40 days from last 4 days I have more pain in legs and backache its came yesterday little and again stopped pls suggest me wt yo do any tablet only this month am facing lik this problem pls suggest.
I am 23 years. Last day I got diagnosed and my scan result show that" inverted measures 6 *2.2 *2.1 cm with normal myo and endometrium (6 mm). The cervix is grossly normal-Rt ovary 2.1*1.4 cm Lt ovary 2.3 * 1.5 cm both normal in size with polystic appearance ovaries -no dominant follicles-follicles 2-3 mm located peripherally with central ecogenic stroma' What it means? Will it affect my pregnancy. I weigh 78 kg.
Am 5 month pregnant .last 2 days I travelled buy car and the roads are in worse condition. Now I have pain in my lower abdomen. I feel like baby is gone bit down. Is it normal or my baby is safe. Am really worried. I went to doc she told me for bed rest. Raised the bed and lay down for whole day. Am far away from my home. She suggested me not to travel. Can you please tell me the exact position of laying on raised bed upside down.
I have pcos so irregular periods. After intercourse with my husband I had pain in my pelvic part. I drink lots of water. I don't have pelvic dryness but also I had pain is there any healing for this.
What is the possible cause of pain on both sides of sternum in females. Is this any thing serious issue?
I was unmarried 22 years old. From last week my vagina upper portion i. E clitoris and nearer area is itching a lot from last week. please suggest some home remedies to cure this.
I am a pcod patient, my menstruation is irregular, my weight is 79.500 so since one month I am on diet and exercise, where sometimes I do zumba and cardio I put all my efforts strength but I find no result. Why is it so? I take all healthy foods like ragi, roti,veggies, fruits drink lots of water too. Please guide me I really want to shed down some weight.
The presence of red blood cells in the urine is called hematuria. If there are sufficient red cells, the urine turns to a bright red, pink or cola shade. Frequently, the urine looks totally ordinary because there is insufficient blood to change the colour. In this situation, the condition is called 'microscopic' hematuria.
The most common causes of hematuria are given below:
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Kidney stones
- Tumours in the kidney or bladder
- Exercise: In this case, the blood is produced in the urine after strenuous activity. It is more commonly experienced by male patients.
- Injury: Traumatic damage to any part of the urinary tract, from the kidneys to the urethral opening, can cause hematuria.
The symptoms of hematuria vary depending upon the condition. These are as follows:
- Glomerulonephritis: If the glomerulonephritis is not serious, it may not show any signs. If the symptoms do show up, they can cause swelling, particularly in the lower furthest points(the thighs, legs, feet, and toes), decreased urine, and hypertension.
- Kidney or bladder infection: Symptoms rely on the site of the diseaseand can even cause extreme pain on one side of the lower back, fever, chills, nausea with vomiting, and pain in the bladder.
- Prostate infection: There can be pain in the lower back or in the region between the scrotum and rearend. Pain with discharge, blood in the semen, andfever and chills can also occuronce in a while.
- Tumour in the kidney or bladder: Most kidney and bladder problems develop without bringing about any pain or uneasiness. At the point when side effects build up, abdomen pain may be persistent.
- Kidney stones: When a kidney stone gets attached to the ureters, it can bring about extreme pain in the back, side or crotch, with nausea and difficulties in urination.
Based upon the suspected cause of hematuria, some of the treatments may include the following:
- Urine culture: In this test, a urine sample is extracted and examined to check whether bacteria has developed. This test is used to find a case of a kidney or bladder disease.
- Computed tomography (CT) of the kidneys, ureters and bladder: For most cases,a CT scan is conducted. This helps in viewing the internal organs and finding the areas that may have been affected by the condition. It also shows the extent of the damage and the spread of the disease so that a proper treatment plan may be laid out.
- Ultrasound: This test uses sound waves to create images that can show whether or not a kidney mass is a non cancerous. This method can also be used to find out whether or not there are any kidney stones, which may be causing hematuria.
- Cystoscopy: In this test, the specialist embeds an adaptable telescope into the urethra and passes it into the bladder to investigate the bladder lining for tumours or different issues.