Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. RevathiYour feedback matters!
My son is suffering from Mild Prominent lymphoid tissue in terminal ileum with reactive nodes in right iliac, fossa, suggest infective in nature. He has pain in abdomen frequently and varies 1 minute to 1 hours may be 3 to 4 times a day. He takes antibiotic but again it reappears. Is there any effective medicine.
I am suffering for gas till 2 years. I gone for many doctors till no improvement. Is there anything to do?
How to improve digestive system through Yoga, which pose of yoga is helpful to improve my digestive system. Bowel movement disturbed frequently.
Hello Sir, I have addicted to masturbation on daily basis I am masturbating 2 to 3 times a day and I feel depressed weak and has belly fat with gas trouble so doctor please help me to overcome my problem. I want my normal and colour ful days back so please help me.
I'm 18 years old when I finger my anus it's bleeding is fingering safe if yes then please solve my problem.
I am having a gallstone since last 1 year. My doctor told me to do operation. I wanted to know, is it possible to cure it without an operation? Bcoz I have searched on google there I found tht gallstone can be cured without a surgery. Thanks in advance.
I have a problem during motions. As I go for it during third time in day, a gel like substance comes out. I have also undergone through fistula operation. Is that because of it?
I feel something in my stomach, but it's not the pain. Lots of gases always come. When blood comes with stool, I take medicine - Pan D & oflox Oz, after that I feel good and blood will not come. I had ultrasound, but nothing comes special, report is OK, so please suggest what should I do.
Sir /mam. I have got pain in my stomach just after intervals. I can say in consecutive days. I also suffer from acidity frequent. please give me suggestions. And I dont have any type of stress. And I also suffer from hair loss.
I had serious anxiety issue when my wife diagnosed with breast cancer in oct 2014. One psychiatrist prescribed lexipra 10 mg morning and night. Within 2 months I was ok and stopped it. But still I used to get anxiety issue at times. Recently I had a health issue which given me lot of anxiety for 15 days and next report cleared the doubt. But the anxiety issue still there and started taking lexipra 10 at night for last 3 days. I didn't consult a doctor. Can I continue for 2 months. My problem is that I get restless and worry and some kind of fear. Not getting good sleep not feel liking to going out and avoid people. Kindly give me a sound advice.
I have a pancreatitis its two ducts that have no joints from birth disease name is chronic pancreatitis. I ask if operation of pancreas is successful or not. If operation is successful then duct has also leakage after some time. Therewas no benefit of operation. How to cure pancreas and safe.
Hi, I'm taking PILTOP Dsr capsule empty stomach in the morning. Is it safe as I'm taking it from the 9 years. If I missed a dose the I feel acidity, heart burn, bloating etc. please advise me how I can overcome from this problem.
I have gas problem all time high gas and lots of fart, Some time so bad small fart, In one day minimum 8 to 10 times.
I am suffering from gall bladder stone 2.5 mm, I do not want to do any surgery or operation, without surgery its possible to remove gall bladder stone?
Dear Sir, Suffering from Perineal abscess. Operated once 7 months ago and it comes again. I have gone through a 10 day course of Sensiclav625 twice a day but still no relif. Please help me. Economically, mentally and physically it is notvposaible for me to have another operation. Regards.
Acidity is related to Heartburn and Gas formation in stomach. In acidity, acid reflux or Gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD), or more commonly known as 'Urdhvag Amalpitta' in ayurveda, there is a movement of gastric juices ( acid in nature) from the stomach into the lower part of esophagus. Ayurveda considers it to be caused by the aggravation of Pitta dosha. When Kapha is associated with this aggravated Pitta, the Acid starts climbing the oesophagus. This is exactly the hyperacidity for most of us and is translated widely as- Heartburn, Acid Reflux, Acid Brash etc.
- Excessive use of the oily and spicy foods
- Anxiety, depression and anger
- Irregular eating habits.
- Consumption of Maida products in large quantity.
- To use leafy vegetables in excess
- Sleeping just after taking meal.
- Drinking of excessive water
- Not to sleep in night, long working hours.
- Excessive intake of the caffeine and nicotine products.
- Carbonated drinks
- Foods which are rich in fats, such as chocolates cause acidity or acid reflux diseases.
- Excessive intake of alcohol, smoking, keeping stomach empty for long time, skipping breakfast causes acidity.
- Other causes of acidity or heartburn are pregnancy, aging, obesity, and bad eating habit, like eating junk foods.
- Pain in upper abdomen immediately following a large or spicy meal
- Nausea, vomiting, and loss of desire to eat which may persist for 1-2 days
- Heartburn or sour belching
- A sense of abdominal distension or 'bloating'
- Flatulence (burping, belching)
- Blood vomiting or blood in stool may occur in severe cases
- If gastritis persists there may be eventual development of anemia
- 1] For an instant relief from the high acid take tender coconut (Cocus nucifera) water. A dose of 100 to 500 ml should be taken twice/day. This is the best quick releiveing home remedy for the Heartburn alias Acid reflux.
- 2] Take the powder of Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) in a dose of 3 to 6 g should be taken with100 to 250 ml water twice/day. Amalaki is one of the best pacifier for the Pitta as well as the Kapha Dosha and also a rich source of Vitamin C- to heal the bruised stomach and esophagous due to the high production of the Acid in stomach.
- 3] To get relief from the high reflux of the acid mix gruel of rice corn, raw sugar, and honey in equal quantity. A dose of 100 to 200 g should be taken twice/day. This will full the stomach and the mucoidal layer on will protect the Stomach and esophagus for longer times and will keep the heartburn and acid reflux, away.
- 4] Take powdere of Haritaki and Bhringraja (Eclipta alba) in equal quantity. A dose of 3 to 6 g should be taken with 12 g of jaggery and warm water twice/day- this will help you to get rid of the basic causes behind the Acid Reflux and Heartburn. Bhringraj is a herb of choice to get rid if the liver problems and all kind of digestive upsets.
- 5] Instead of Tea or Coffee prepare a decoction from the equal parts of stem of Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), fruit of Neem, leaf of snakeguard, and Triphala. A dose of 14 to 28 ml should be taken twice/day. Take it only after cooling down to the room temperature. If you dont find the taste of above one, try this second option - prepare a decoction of equal parts of dried ginger, fruit of coriander, and leaf of snakeguard. A dose of 14 to 28 ml should be taken twice/day, keep in mind if you are mixing sugar- dont boil the sugar.
- 6] Drink coriander (Coriandrum sativum) and cumin (Cuminum cyminum) tea, it is nice when your Acid reflux or heartburn is caused by the indigestion or overloading of the stomach in a late night party.
DIET & LIFESTYLE :
What to eat and how much to eat is an important factor in controlling acidity. The following tips should be followed:
- The diet should consist of milk with sugar, and a little old rice.
- Other recommended substances are: barley, wheat, rice (at least one year old), cucumber, bitter gourd, green banana, pumpkin, pomegranate, and cow's milk.
- Eat dinner two to three hours before sleeping time as it keeps you healthy.
- Fibers are necessary in the diet as they help in the digestion.
- Take the balanced diet, don't shift to the totally bland spice-less foods.
- Eat small meals more often as it helps in digestion.