Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. RavisekharYour feedback matters!
Sir, Yesterday I went for checkup. My details T-102.9°F P-114/mm B.P.-124/90mmhg CVS-S1S2+ Chest-B/L AEE CNS- Pt conscious oriented P/A - Soft BS+ Sir, I want to know about my condition in detail please clarify.
Hi Doctor, I want to consult with you my mother's problem. My mom suffering from headache problem in which her head got very severe pain, face got swelled, she vomited, blood pressure became low and sometimes the pain is unbearable and she started crying. This is from last 10-12 years. We are done with CT-SCAN and everything found normal. Please help. Hope for the best. Thank you.
She has heart problem sometime there is a severe pain in her heart and she can not breath comfortably.
I have a small chest pain for some weeks and a cough problem also. Can you please suggest what should be done?
My dad is 70 years old on nov he diagnosed lung cancer 3 rd stage we r giving him ayurveda medicines but his chest pain is getting worst and he is so much weak not able to go toilets can any one suggest wt to do any pain killer can we give ultracet we gave some time but no effect. He is doing vomiting also. Because of age we did not go for chemotherapy.
He is suffered from small breathing effect and consult to the doctor ecg is normal but left side of chest burning and pain is their.
My Aunty Aged 45 years A week Ago she got Heart Attack & they did Angiogram & said 3 blood vessels blocked Each Valve Above 95% & they said They can't place stents and they said By Pass Surgery Is a Must we consulted other hospitals too they too said By Pass is Must. I heard that while doing By Pass is there any Risk of Death as she got Diabetes as we are scared in 3 or 4 days they will do By Pass Surgery please Assist me in this.
My mir and color Doppler test reveals that I am having blockage both in right and left carotid artery s Isthere any homeopathic remedies for this.
I have high blood pressure for aa year now. It is 160/120. I am not taking medicine as I feel it's due to overweight situation. I used to smoke, is it involved in the cause? Kindly suggest some way to eradicate high bp.
I AM 40 YEARS OLD. MY WEIGHT NEAR 100 KGS. HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. COME anxiety IN EVERY TIME. PLEASE SUGGEST ME HOW I RELIEF THIS PROBLEMS?
My mother is diabetic. She also suffers from hypertension at times. From the past few months, she is facing a constant pain from the thumb to an inch or to above the wrist joint. She constantly says she is facing a pain in the nerve and the nerve ooses out if she puts a stress in the hand. She is unable to pick things up and the pain is very severe at times. This all started when she slipped and fell on floor. My request is, whom shall I consult? A neurologist or an orthopedic because I have visited orthopedic and the doctor said that since she is diabetic this pain will be life long and there is a DQ Decease and an operation is needed. Please help me as I am not able to help at all. An early response is very much required.
I am 39 year old. I am suffering from thyroid and cholesterol problem from last 4 years. Some times it's normal and some time it's pain full for me. Please suggest.
Hi I am 38 yrs old lady, gaining weight continuously and having high blood pressure in right hand 170/110 and normal 130/70 in left hand. Swelling in face. Please guide.
So here are the best foods to reduce cholesterol
Have a salmon fish dinner. Snack on a handful of nuts. Pour a dash of olive oil in your salad.
And bite into that sinister chocolate. Now you can do all this guilt-free! All these foods help in fighting bad cholesterol., 'You can reduce cholesterol in your blood by eating healthy foods'. So, here we are today with our list of cholesterol fighting foods.
1) Oats: If you change your morning meal to oats then you can do your cholesterol level a whole lot of good. Do note that two servings of oats can lower LDL cholesterol by 5.3% in only 6 weeks. Essentially, oats contain a substance called beta-glucan which absorbs bad cholesterol.
2) Red Wine: Here's yet another reason to toast to your health. The red grapes used in the manufacturing of red wine have an important effect on cholesterol levels. Two glasses of red wine in a week can do you a whole lot of good.
3) Salmon and fatty Fish: Full of Omega-3 fatty acids, salmon is a natural health wonder, which helps in keeping heart conditions such as heart attacks, stroke and high cholesterol levels at bay. Fishes such as salmon, sardines and herring help in raising good cholesterol levels by 4%.
4) Nuts: Mono-unsaturated fats (found in nuts, seeds etc.) have the lowest fatty acid molecules and are the best of the three fats, namely poly-saturated fats, saturated fats and mono-unsaturated fats. Nuts are the best way to get those required healthy fats into your body without feeling guilty. Since the fats that come from nuts are natural and are not chemically processed, this makes them heart healthy, filling, and nutritious options.
5) Beans: Excellent for the heart, ½ a cup of beans added in our diet (in the form of any dish or soup), helps in lowering cholesterol levels by 8%. You should try black, kidney, or pinto beans; each one of them supplies about one-third of your day's fiber needs.
6) Tea: Tea has antioxidants and less amounts of caffeine than coffee. An eight-ounce cup of coffee contains around 135 mg caffeine; tea contains only 30 to 40 mg per cup. Tea helps in protecting your bones because of the presence of phytochemicals in them. It is also a great defense against LDL cholesterol levels.
7) Chocolate: Chocoholics can celebrate with a healthy dose of dark chocolate as it is full of antioxidants and cholesterol-reducing properties. According to a Spanish study published in 2010 in the "Journal of Hepatology,", "the antioxidants in dark chocolate reduce the damage that can occur to blood vessels, which can further threaten the health of people with cirrhosis. The dark chocolate can help prevent the blood vessels in the liver from rupturing". Medical experts suggest that munching on 100 grams of chocolate every day helps in reducing the occurrence of cardiovascular mishaps by 21 percent.
8) Spinach: Popeye the sailor was quite right when crediting his muscle power to this green leafy vegetable. It is believed that spinach contains around 13 flavonoid compounds which keep us away from cancer, heart diseases and osteoporosis. 1/2 a cup of this lutein-rich food, daily, guards us against heart attacks.
9) Olive oil: This oil has many health benefits. It contains mono-unsaturated fatty acids which lower bad cholesterol and triglycerides, without lowering good cholesterol levels. Different stages of pressing and processing yield different varieties of olive oil. Extra virgin , Virgin , Pure , Pomace