Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
I am suffering from depression I haven't achieved anything in my life till date and alot of responsibilities are on my shoulder I need help.
My problem is depression. My mood always swing. Sometime I am happy. Sometime my mood is very off and my main problem is anxiety please tell me solution how to remove my depression life. Bcz 2012 accidentally gone my both legs one is below and one is above. Then a accident my life is fully destroy. Tell me any medicine and how to happy with my life I am railway employee. please tell me solution.
Sir I need your help. Sir I am drug addicted, Now I am decided to quite all this. please hlp me. I can't sleep in the night properly. please help me.
Whats the best way to get out of stress in day to day life what are the possible ways to avoid stress and strain.
Hello doctor. I have been married for last 1 and half year. I want to highlight three issues about my wife: 1. Always thinking about the past (we had gone through a bad patch after marriage) and start over reacting. Sometimes it looks like that I am facing two different personalities - one very caring and sweet and other one (after getting angry) is totally opposite, very rude, abusive and dangerous face. This is like the worse situation I face. I got very afraid & don't want to face this situation again and again. 2. Getting bored very frequently with anything. 3. Difficulty in taking decision I love my wife very much and I want to live a happy life with her. Please help
Can't remember after studying for 4 to 5 hrs daily still get less marks in exam. please give some thought of recovery.
How I manage my full mind to study. I always want to study more and more but unfortunately I can't do so. Please give me your idea.
Please inform name of medicine in homeopathy which extends life span. I understand there is a medicine in homeopathy which increases life span. Please also inform name of specific homeopathy medicine to cure back pain, osteo-arthritis, schizophrenia, premature ejaculation. Thanks.
A panic attack can start suddenly and may be caused due a variety of reasons. A patient of depression and anxiety usually goes through such attacks. The symptoms of these attacks include sudden and persistent fear, the feeling of losing control, the feeling of having a heart attack, palpitations problem, sweating, dizzy spells and more. It has been medically proven that most adults go through at least one or more panic attacks in their lifetime.
Here are a few ways in which one can stop a panic attack:
- Recognise the Signs: Take note of the symptoms. From a feeling of choking to detachment, losing control, surreal experiences, dizzy spells, nausea, pain in the abdomen and chills, to tremors, and a fear of facing death, there are many symptoms that can put your body in a fight or flight response where things may suddenly seem terrifying, and without any reason at that.
- Breath Control: Learn to control your breathing as soon as you begin to experience the symptoms. This will help in distraction even as it soothes and calms you down, thus forcing you to think rationally about the fear and helplessness that you are suddenly experiencing. Sit down with your knees bent and let your shoulders relax.
- Relaxation Techniques: Learn and practice a few relaxation techniques during times like these. This may include simple things like rubbing your neck and more focused activities like talking to yourself and meditating.
- Continuation: Remember to hold your breath, let it out, and then carry on with the activity that you had set out to do. If you stop what you were doing, then the message going to your brain is loud and clear and you will panic even further. But if you relax and zone out before letting yourself go about the chore, however robotically, then it will have a positive effect on the messages that are sent to your brain.
- Medication: In the event that you are not able to fully control and relax yourself and your thoughts, then you may want to see a psychiatrist who can prescribe specific medication that will help in relaxing you. Sedatives and antidepressants may also be prescribed for patients who are going through severe episodes of panic with debilitating symptoms.
- Differentiate between Stress and Panic: Many times, we may feel like we are panicking, yet this may simply be a way of going through stress. It is important to focus on recognising events and reactions as stress or panic.
Not allowing yourself run away from a situation is a sure shot way of dealing with panic as this condition the brain to be more accepting and resilient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sir, My name is Raghu and I am suffering from anxiety from 1 year. Each and everything I used get anxiety. Sometimes anxiety last for 1 day. Can you please suggest me how can rectify this.
I am diabetic for the last 22 years.I face frequent attack of depression for the last considerable time. Please suggest what to do ?
I am not able to keep in memorize few things. I am weak in remembering the few things. any medicine for that.?
I have smoking habit for the last 20 years and I want to quit but don't know how to do it? If you can help it will be great.
I had quit smoking for the past 4 months and using nicotine gums. Since the past 3 months I got thrush at the back of my tongue, I consulted a doctor last month and used antibiotics, thrush paint, fluconazole and betadine gargles. I do not feel any improvement. Is it something serious? Please suggest.
I am suffering from anxiety. I think so. Kind of social anxiety. Whenever am going to a new place for interview or to meet a peraon on a blind date. I started feeling dizzyness light headed and also pukes sometime. After puking I feel normal. What is it?
Hi, I just want to know if this is a problem. I'm someone who is unable to make up my mind but when I do I constantly keep changing what I want to do all the time. It annoys a lot of people because they get confused. Is this a problem?
Hello! i'm 20 yrs old. I always have negative thoughts in my mind. I even get pissed for silly things. And i'm over possessive over people close to me! this makes ma relations worst wit all. All dis is effecting ma studies. Neither i'm able to take decisions in ma life bout my further studies. I wanted to know if this is a mental disorder and suggest me what should I do in dis case. Please help. Thank you.
I don't take any thing responsibly. I will forget the things, amounts to be paid or received. I want to be responsible because I am elder in family.
Despite being an outsider in the industry, Kangana Ranaut has made her mark in Bollywood. The 'Queen of Bollywood' bagged the National Award in the best actress category for the third time for her double act in the commercial hit Tanu Weds Manu Returns. Ranaut is one of the highest paid actresses in India and is known for playing emotionally intense roles in films like Gangster and Woh Lamhe. But behind the fame and the glory, lies a story of struggle and constant perseverance. Kangana's rise to fame did not happen overnight, and her travails and triumphs have quite a few important lessons stored for all of us.
Here are 4 inspiring life lessons to take away from Kangana's real life story.
1. Be Yourself - Accept yourself and embrace the person you are. Making desperate attempts to fit in a social circle or trying to make people like you could turn depressing. Be yourself and don't compromise on your identity and be afraid to have a mind of your own. Kangana has constantly inspired us to be rebellious and to question stereotypes and sexism.
'People in the industry treated me like I didn't deserve to be spoken to and I was some unwanted object. I couldn't speak English fluently and people made fun of me for that. So dealing with rejection became a part of life...Today, when people say that I have made it and made it on my own.'
She said on an interview with Daily News and Analysis
2. Deal with your relationship problems - Stop tolerating abuse. Your partner is supposed to love and support you and not hurt you physically or emotionally. Don't be afraid of getting out of a relationship. It might be difficult and hard to deal with but it's best to get over with and start afresh. Ranaut was in a relationship with Aditya Pancholi, which turned sour after he assaulted her. Later she was also in a relationship with Adhyayan Suman and Nicholas Lafferty, an English doctor, which did not last either, but she always moved on with her head held high, personifying dignity.
3. Beat the odds - There might situations when your family does not support your career choices but don't let that stop you from going ahead with it. Believe in yourself and work hard on your goals. Kangana Ranaut inspires us to not give up easily. In spite of being an industry outsider, Ranaut made her mark with remarkable performances in Fashion, Queen, Woh Lamhe and Tanu Weds Manu. She quit pursuing medical and went for modeling instead and refused to take financial aid from her father. In short, don't give up on your dreams no matter how difficult it gets.
4. There is no end to learning - You can always continue with your interests even if you have a very busy professional life. Make time for your hobbies and interests as they expand your outlook. Ranaut learns Kathak as she enjoys dancing and considers it as a form of therapy. She also did a course on the technical aspects of filmmaking from New York Film Academy. She did not let her stardom affect her personal interests and wants to have a normal life.
'I don't want to lose my rights as a common person to learn and grow'
She said on an interview with Filmfare.