Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RathyYour feedback matters!
I am 45 years old I have a mole on my right hand. I used many home remedies for the treatment but I don't get rid of it. I am suffering for last 2 months. I am afraid to operate it please suggest me that what should I do. Is operation is the last option? Suggest some effective home remedies for moles.
I have milia from last so many year. On my face pls suggest any medicine or home remedies to get rid asap within week or so.
Hi, i'm breastfeeding to 4 months my baby. To me from Past 3 days suffering from pimple pain inside the nose its painful and swelling nose. Cold also started. Kindly suggest me what I have to do. And home remedies also its ok.
You may lose 50 to 100 strands of hair each day. Yet the thinning of your scalp hair is almost unnoticeable owing to the simultaneous new hair growth filling up the bald spots. But hair loss occurs if this cycle of shedding and growth gets distorted. Stress and an unhealthy lifestyle take a toll on your hair as well.
The following is a list of the types of hair loss that are caused due to high levels of stress:
- The body secretes hormones such as non-adrenaline or Norepinephrine and cortisol in response to stress. These hormones force a large number of hair follicles into a static phase, hindering new hair growth. As a consequence, simple activities such as combing or rinsing the hair might cause hair fall in large strands which do not get replaced by new hair again. This abnormality is known as Telogen effluvium .
- Trichotillomania is a condition characterized by one pulling out his/her own strands of hair forcefully; most often triggered by negative thoughts or other psychological disorders such as depression or excessive frustration, boredom, stress or tension.
- Alopecia areata is a condition caused by severe stress wherein the immune system of the body attacks the hair follicles, results.
Other lifestyle-related factors can also have an adverse impact on the hair growth. Let us see how:
- Excessive hair styling or hair treatments with hot oil actually swell up the hair follicles. Chemical therapies, dyes, flat irons, blow dryers or bad brushes as well as a range of hair dressing techniques such as hair extension, application of coloring agents, gels and hair sprays further affect the individual strands of hair.
- A junk food diet rich in salt, sugar and saturated fats but less in essential nutrient content can tremendously affect your hair.
- Smoking inhibits blood flow to the hair follicles and interrupts the process of hair growth and hair fall.
Environmental factors such as pollution from:
- Car exhaust fumes disrupt the keratin (protein formation) in the hair structure, making it fragile.
- Cigarette smoke contains carcinogens that weaken one s hair follicles.
- Dust particles trigger allergies giving way to inflammation or scalp infections.
- Over exposure to the sun causes brittle, dry and lifeless hair, mainly characterized by split ends.
I am getting beard but it's not too dense so what can I do to have denser beard naturally. And if you suggest some product kindly suggest one which can be easily available in market. (Shipping mall)
I am 23 year old boy. I having itches on my private parts of more than one month. I have used itch guard. But no relief. Plz suggests me which oil ment has to be use.
Doc has given me aha glow facewash when I apply facewash my skin become dry. Now I want to know this facewash is for winter or summer .or both.
Sir I have white skin in my hand and my foot since 10 years ,is that possible to remove it from my body parts ,i have concerned with a doctor in the starting days but there was no more effects, I think it's vitiligo ,sir now what should I do.
Suggest me any cream or home remedy for removing scars developed by chicken pox that has gone just few days back.
Whenever I eat something spicy in dinner next day I face pimple problem and it last for 2-3 days. What should I do to get rid of it and I don't want ti take any medicine for it. Suggest me something (home remedies type).
I am concerned about my scalp lines visible Wad can I use to promote regrowth of hair in the lines visible.
I am having black Marks on my feet develop may be due to candles/shoes due to which my feet look dull spotted. How I get rid of it?
Lybrate | Dr. Vinita Sharma speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY