Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rathi RYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I have hair fall problem since 1 year my scalp has been wait sweating when I am taking lunch or dinner. So it is reason for my hair loss. If yes then suggest me the solution.
My wife is aged 53 years old. She is diabetic, O/A & vertigo patient. But every thing is in control. She is facing extreme hair loss. How this hair loss problem can be overcome?
I am 41 years old female. I suffer from acidity and gastritis very often. I also suffer from water retention. HAve lot of hair fall. Have been on supplements for 2 months. My small joints and muscles also pain during morning time. Also want to reduce weight. What should I do?
My body is got tanned especially my hands and it is since last 6-7 years. So please suggest me some measures to remove tanning and to prevent from getting my hands tanned more.
Giving oil on head with seborrheic dermatitis. Is it ok? And please suggest treatment to get full time cure from seborrheic dermatitis. Tnq you.
I have very big lips. When I was child I used to stretch lips and saw my face in mirror. Its funny but now im 19. I am feeling shame in public because my lips. What should I do for reducing?
I am having a lot of hairfall, I am suffering from PCOS. How can i resolve hairfall and regrow them?
I have three problems 1) I am losing my hair 2) pimple come on my face 3) I have mouth alser ones a week.
Somebody asked me to use panderm+ to remove the acne and black marks on my face. Is it good for that? Can I use panderm+ on my face?
I have skin problem, my skin gets oily fastly, ani also it's getting blackish day bye day, so I have to do.
HPV refers to Human Papillomavirus. This is a common virus, which has got more than 100 different types and over 40 of these types are transmitted sexually. This virus may cause cervical cancer and cases of genital warts. It is likely to occur in people who are sexually active to contract genital HPV, and it is not accompanied by any signs or symptoms. The virus is transmitted via skin to skin contact and is severely infectious in nature. Using condoms may reduce the risk of spreading of this virus, but is not always successful.
There are two major vaccines for HPV.
- Gardasil: This vaccine prevents the most common HPVs which are associated with genital and anal cancer, and also warts of both genital and anal type.
- Cervarix: This type of vaccine prevents HPV associated with the occurrence of cervical cancer.
Reasons for vaccination against HPV
HPV vaccines are recommended to girls between 11 and 12 years. It is also given to girls and women between the age of 13 and 26 years, who have never been vaccinated against HPC before. These vaccines should be given to females before they start being active sexually and get exposed to the HPV virus. Sexually active females benefit from these vaccines as well, but the effect is less.
Here are three reasons why you should vaccinate against HPV:
- All types of HPV vaccine help in the elimination of the viruses which cause cervical cancer. Viruses causing cancer in the vulva, vagina or anus are also targeted by these HPV vaccines. The HPV vaccines also protect against genital or anal warts. HPV vaccines work effectively in the prevention of cancers caused by HPC viruses and also curb the common health problems which are accompanied.
- The effect of HPV vaccines is quite long lasting in an individual who is vaccinated against HPV. Usually it lasts for ten years or more without having any related disorders or cancers. The protection does not weaken over time and remains stable.
- HPV vaccines are licensed by the FDA to be completely safe and efficient to use. Extensive studies have been carried out globally, and no safety concerns have ever arisen. The side effects of HPV vaccines are usually quite mild. However, a little amount of pain, dizziness and nausea are involved.
HPV vaccines are a series of effective vaccines, which prevent the occurrence of cervical cancer and other cancers which are sexually transmitted. They are generally given to women before getting sexually active to prevent transmission of HPV viruses. Some HPV vaccines are prescribed to males as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.