Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rathi RYour feedback matters!
I am 24years male. My face skin is not so smooth. There were pimples on my face, now its reduces. But have spots. What should I do for bright and smooth face skin?
My skin is very oily and the thing which I don't like I always found pustule on my nose and near my chin area. Any suggestions.
Fact: blemish-prone skin needs hydration
Infact, drying out oily skin sends signal to ypur body to produce even more oil; a nightmare for those already suffering from acne and oily skin.
Remember, cleansing, toning and moisturizing are the three essentials needed to keep any type of skin.
Tip: look for non-oily moisturizer with ingredients like lecithin, propylene glycol and dimethicone.
I am 23 year old boy. I am healthy boy but now I am feel very tired from last 1 weak. And pimples are growing on my face. What I do? Please suggest me.
From last few months I observed that my hairs 7-8 strands are turning white. What can I do to solve out this problem. My age is just 18. Help me.
I have dark circle around my eyes and I also feel pain when I am reading. so what should I have to do?
I am 21 years old. I am having a lot of pimples and back spots in my face and I am worried of hoe to get cured. I need some help.
My skin is rough and dry during winter. Moisturizer works for very few time. Oily during summer. Please advise.
My lips are looking so black color. I want to get pink color lip. Give some suggestions and home remedies.
Within the human body, there are certain parts, which are more prone to stress and friction than others. All joints are susceptible to this, but even within the joints, the knees are even more of a stress point.
The skin on the knees, as well as the bones, the joint and the cartilage, are highly susceptible to wear and tear. Due to frequent rubbing and friction, the skin can be put under much stress and thus, may cause skin conditions as well.
One of the most common skin conditions that many face is the hardening and darkening of the knees.
This may happen due to,
- Continuous friction from clothing
- Playing sports out in the sun where the knees may be exposed
- Excessive keratin on the skin on the knees
- Resting on the knees for long periods of time
- Other physiological conditions that may result in skin pigmentation
There are some quick remedies that can be used to rectify or at least lessen the dark patches on the knees.
- Cleansing or exfoliating - Dead skin cells may build up in layers and cause the darkening of the knees and, thus, it is important to regularly exfoliate or scrub with a gentle soap. In mild cases, this alone can take care of the problems of dark knees.
- Using lemon juice - Applying lemon juice 2 times daily for a few days regularly will reduce the dark areas and lighten the skin.
- Moisturizing the skin - Applying a moisturizer regularly on the skin will keep it hydrated and also help in reducing dead skin cells piling up. This will prevent and also lessen the darkening of the skin on the knees.
However, home remedies or treatments may not be the solution in all cases as there may be underlying physical causes, which need to be treated at a deeper level. In such cases, it is prudent to seek dermatological treatment.
Related Tip: 5 Acts That Can Rid You of Dark Circles