Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Rama SubramaniyanYour feedback matters!
I am having my exams. And I can not study properly I am nit having much tension. This is 10 th board exam and this is imp in my life. And every time I open my book I dozed off to sleep, I do not know why, but I can not concentrate, I Am taking migraine medicines also, is it because of that. Please find me a solution.
I am a 25 year old and have a headache since last 2.5 months. I have already seen doctors and they told that symptoms match to those of a migraine. I have already taken migraine medicines for over a month. But yet I encounter headache, heavy headedness and nausea daily. I don't understand why is it continuous? How to lower the frequency. I cannot concentrate at my work, at my study. I was going gym for some while which I have quit. My lifestyle is fine but again I always feel tired. Whenever I am alone I feel weirdly lonely and cry often. Are the continuous headaches because of migraine or is there a possibility that I am under depression. I have experienced many lows including a breakup, failure at a competitive exam recently. Should I consult a neurologist or a psychologist. I am not really a weak heart-ed person but I am really worried about my health, my current attitude and my future if things does not change. Kindly suggest.
A neurologist suggest me for thyroid test. For benign essential tremor. And report shows. TSH 3-UL 5.060 FT3 3.52 FT4 1.36 CAN IT DANGER. Please. Suggest. Any causes or harm shows in report please suggest.
My Husband was operated for tumor in his brain (right) in dec 2013. After 2 months he regained some of his left leg movement and now walking slowly with cane. However, he could move slightly his left shoulder, close his fist. There are no movement in fingers or cannot open his fist. His Physiotherapy is still on going. Please , i would want to understand the situation.
Mere sir me bahut dard rahta h. Bahut tej. Koi sujhav de please Ye dard sir ke ek taraf hota hai raight sight main. Maine bahut jagah dikhaya hai but kahi par se koi fayada nahi hua h. Ap koi acchi madicin batao.
What is the meaning of sclerosis along the anterior aspect of si joints? Is it hardening of the bones or tissues surrounding si joints? Please help me. I am worried a lot.
A migraine is considered to be one of the worst headache of all. It causes excruciating pain along with a range of other symptoms. Notably, a migraine pain is very different in nature compared to general headache. A migraine pain is mostly felt on any one side of the brain. Since a migraine is difficult to diagnose, here is a list of 5 signs that will help you to understand, if your headache qualifies as a migraine:
- Vision splotches: It is very common among migraine patients to experience blind spots and a sudden flash of light. While this might appear to be a little unusual, it is pretty normal for migraine patients. The visual cortex of the brain is responsible for incidences like these. They often pace up and slow down to cause such unnatural feelings. For cases like this, the nerve gets activated by the optical lobe and crashes immediately resulting in such sensations. These visible auras are felt by both the eyes.
- A spinning sensation: A migraine patient often gets a swirling sensation. This requires them to immediately lie down. This is accompanied with nausea and throwing up. Certain migraine-induced changes caused in the brain causes hearing imbalance which is very similar to vertigo. These auras often serve as the onset of a migraine and can last for over one hour before the actual migraine cycle starts. If a person is suffering from these symptoms, it is a clear indication that he is suffering from a migraine.
- Light sensitivity: Migraine patients often becomes oversensitive to sound and light. This is perhaps the reason why most migraine sufferers like to spend more time in dark and solicitude. Studies have shown that sudden exposure to light activates the optic nerve fiber which in turn activates the pain receptors in the brain. A study conducted by the Nature Neuroscience journal conducted in the year 2010 showed that even blind person (with a migraine) suffers from a sudden glow of light.
- Touch sensitivity: Sensory auras often cause sharp pain from tiniest of touches. This is a condition known as the allodynia. This is a condition by which the spine and the brain get super excited by the inflamed blood vessels. This condition should be reported to a doctor since the most common medicine of a migraine does not work well if a patient is suffering from allodynia.
- Funny Face: Aura of the tongue, face and lips are known as cheiro-oral. There is a type of aura that makes even speaking and eating difficult. At time sufferers feel that they are suffering from serious diseases such as brain tumor. If this condition prevails, it makes sense to consult your doctor at the earliest and start medication.