Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Rama SubramaniyanYour feedback matters!
I have migrane what is the best medicine I take naprosyn 500 But it won't help please also let me know some home remedies. Thanks
How can I control on my own mind and heart. ? How can I heart strong some times my full body shake due to heart.
Sir, My mother is 51 years old she is suffering from vain weaknesses. Most of the time her neck shivers and body too. So kindly tell me if there is any cure of this problem.
My Dad is 40 years old and he is having migraine and Diabetes, He is in a lot of pain, he is under medication, but it has no effect on him. Please help me
Hello sir my mom is of 40 years since many years she is suffering from menstrual migraine we consulted some doctors but there is no effect she gets that headache every month can you please suggest some medicine or any way to get rid of it.
I am suffering from insomnia for 10 years taking sleeping pill for long time. Is their any natural remedy.
My mother 56 years old is on epileptic medication (eptoin 3 tablets daily) since 3 yrs. And wants to discontinue now as there are no seizures. Is it safe to discontinue? If yes then how.
I'm suffering from migraine, I consulted a doctor he prescribed naproxen sodium tablets 500 mg for me, but when I consume the tablets it causes nausea and feeling like vomiting and and migraine is not relieving.
I am unable to sleep back from 3 days properly and also I have a migraine problem to from past year.
I am 22 years old nd I have weak eyesight (especially right) nd have migraine prblm also nd bearing migraine pain on alternate basis; my exams are coming nd I found my eyes so loaded while studying nd even swell what can I do?
Their is no timings in my sleeping. Most of the time I tried to sleep but not able to sleep. Then I thought I had insomnia. But I think in insomnia you won't be able to sleep for a minute. I want to know what happen to me. Sometimes I slept a lot and not able to get up from bed. #helpmeout.
Why does a test taker need to be reevaluated if a disability (such as a learning disability, ADHD or autism spectrum disorder) is lifelong?
What is the cause of seizure attack in sleep weakness even after reports are clean I. E MRI, EEG, is in this medicines are require to control seizure attacks.
I am aged 47 years lives in Mumbai. I have swelling on left buttocks, and pain on cervical area, and cannot stand when get up in the morning from bed, and in previous days I had cramp on my left leg calf during these period.
Mere sir me bahut dard rahta h. Bahut tej. Koi sujhav de please Ye dard sir ke ek taraf hota hai raight sight main. Maine bahut jagah dikhaya hai but kahi par se koi fayada nahi hua h. Ap koi acchi madicin batao.
Sleep apnea is a disorder which is characterized as interruptions in breathing when you are sleeping. These interruptions or pauses in breathing usually last for about 10 to 20 seconds and may be repeated over 100 times alongside the duration of your sleep. This condition leads to poor sleep resulting in drowsiness, fatigue and poor concentration throughout the day.
Sleep apnea can be classified as:
- Central sleep apnea: Central sleep apnea impairs the central nervous system wherein the brain fails to control muscles which regulate breathing while you sleep.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: This type of sleep apnea occurs when the soft tissues present in the back of the throat block the airway and thus resulting in loud snoring.
Signs and symptoms:
The various signs and symptoms of sleep apnea are
- Loud and chronic snoring during sleeping
- Interruptions in breathing
- Shortness of breath during sleep
- Fatigue during the day
- Choking and gasping during sleep
- Extreme irritability and drowsiness
- Experiencing headaches in the morning
- Impaired concentration and forgetfulness
- Chronic sore throat and dry mouth
The various risk factors for sleep apnea are:
- If you are overweight
- If you are male
- If you are over the age of 40
- If you have a large tongue and tonsils
- If someone in your family has sleep apnea
- Nasal obstruction due to sinus problems
There are certain prevention measures to control sleep apnea, they are:
- Limit smoking: Smoking may cause you to retain fluid in the throat which contributes to sleep apnea.
- Exercise: You should exercise regularly to keep off weight as being overweight increases the chances of getting affected by sleep apnea.
- Schedule your sleep: You should get enough sleep every day so that your body is refreshed and revitalized. Getting enough sleep, thus helps in preventing sleep apnea.