Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Bariatricians in India. You will find Bariatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Bariatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. RajasheelanYour feedback matters!
I have been increased my weight so much please tell me how to decrease my weight within 30 days please give me a quick answer.
How can I loose my fat from stomach become I am student so I can not go gym. So tell how can I loose fat with out gym?
Hello sir, I am jocging 4 km per day. Even though my weight is not reducing .whether paleo diet be applicable for me?
I have a desk job and in the last 2 years, my weight has gone up from 45 KGS to 55 kgs. I want to lose weight. Please help.
I am an house wife and I work in the home but my weight is going up 76 is gone up to 80 kg so tell us how to lose my weight please tell me answer.
M name is nisha. My age is 26 and my weight is 75 kgs. I gave birth baby girl on 12 Nov 2015 by c-sec. I am full-time breastfeeding my baby. My body is completely out of shape with bulges. Kindly suggest me a diet plan to reduce weight fast with no effect on my milk supply.
I am facing a problem of fatness for which I cannot mostly run, to do more work. So please advise in this respect.
I am 48 yrs old male and suffering from hypo thyroid since last 3 yrs. Gaining weight height 5.8 ft & weight 95 kg.
I am a 26 old male. I want to lose some belly fat. As per my busy schedule I don' t have time for gym. Please help me how can I loose weight.
I want to reduce my tummy. I go to gym and exercise regularly and follow my diet but still no use. Tried my best but ended into failure could you suggest me how to reduce it.
On my both eyelids ie corner eyelids there is fat deposition. Which is called as xanthylema. What is it n reason n cure? please help?
Festive season round the corner and your belly fat is bothersome. Follow these simple tips to look your best in the coming festive season.
Don’t eat plain sugar and avoid sugar-sweetened drinks
Added sugar is very unhealthy. It has uniquely harmful effects on metabolic health. Sugar is generally half glucose, half fructose. The liver gets overloaded on eating excess amount of refined sugar and is forced to turn it all into fat.
This is what leads to increased tendency of accumulating fat in the belly, which leads to insulin resistance and a host of metabolic problems.
So, make a decision to minimize the amount of sugar in your diet, and consider completely eliminating sugary drinks.
Conclusion: excess sugar consumption may be the primary initiator of belly fat accumulation, especially sugary beverages like soft drinks and concentrated fruit juices
Eating more protein is long-term and best strategy to reduce belly fat
- Protein is the most important nutrient when it comes to losing weight. Food cravings are reduced by over 60% and our metabolism is boosted so that we burn 80-100 extra calories per. If weight loss is your primary goal, then adding protein is perhaps the single most effective permanent change you can do to your diet.
- Not only will it helpyou lose weight; it can also help you avoid re-gaining weight if you ever decide to give up your weight loss efforts. Protein is particularly effective against belly fat.
- Conclusion: eating enough protein is a very effective way to lose weight and to maintain it for long and is particularly effective against belly fat accumulation.
Cut carbs from your diet
- Restricting carbohydrate intake is a very effective way to lose weight.
- Low-carb diets lead to quick reductions in water retention, which gives people quick results. Low-carb diets specifically target the fat in the belly, and around the organs and liver. Avoid the refined carbs (white breads, pastas, etc) and you keep your protein high.
- Conclusion: diets low in carbohydrate are particularly effective in reducing of the fat in the belly, region and around the organs of abdomen.
Eat fiber rich foods
- Eating plenty of fiber can help with weight loss. Studies show that an additional 14 grams of fiber per day can boost weight loss. Fiber is particularly effective at reducing the harmful belly fat.
- The best way to get more fiber is to eat a lot of plant foods like vegetables and fruit. Legumes and dals are also a good source, as well as some cereals like oats.
- Conclusion: there is some evidence that soluble dietary fiber may lead to reduced amounts of belly fat, which may result in many health benefits.
Exercise helps in reducing belly fat
- Exercise is important if you want to live a long, healthy life and avoid disease. Exercise does appear to be effective at reducing belly fat. Aerobic exercise (like walking, running, swimming) has been shown to cause major reductions in belly fat and prevents re-gaining of abdominal fat after weight loss. Exercise reduces inflammation, blood sugar levels and all the other metabolic abnormalities associated with central obesity.
- Conclusion: exercise can be very effective in losing belly fat. Exercise also has a number of other health benefits.
- Belly fat is not just a nuisance that makes your clothes feel tight and may shatter your confidence, inspite of wearing the best make up and outfit. So, gear up, take control and shine with confidence and transform into a new you!