Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajan Babu
Submit a review for Dr. Rajan BabuYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I have mouth ulcer problem And hair fall problem I am loss my confident sir I am very upset how to solve this problem. Please sir suggest me any medicine and About this problem.
Taking a balanced diet not only helps in maintaining overall health also helps in curing indigestion. The right mix of carbohydrate, protein, water, fat, vitamin, salt and fiber is important for the body to function well. Apart from maintaining a healthy diet, it is also essential to refrain from food that triggers indigestion.
Here is a list of worst food for digestive health:
- Dairy Products: Dairy Products contain a protein called the casein. This protein can be highly allergic and inflammatory. Its strong insulin response can hold up fat and makes someone look fatter than his usual self. Lactose, the carbohydrate found in milk is extremely difficult to digest. If you are lactose intolerant, you should make it a point to stay away from dairy products such as kefir and yogurt to ensure smooth digestion.
- Gluten: This protein molecule is found in barley and wheat. Gluten is extremely difficult to break and has the capability to create a lot of damage. The unbroken molecules of gluten cause inflammation and bloating. People, who have GI issues, should definitely eschew gluten to ensure food digestion.
- Sugar: Patients suffering from indigestion should stay away from sugar related products such as candy, cake and crackers. Intake of sugar product increases the rate of inflammation, feeds harmful bacteria and suppresses the immune system. No wonder it is one of the worst food to consume if you are suffering from indigestion.
- Fake fats: Fake fats are extremely difficult to digest and make the cell membranes more rigid. It can also show symptoms such as cramps, loose stools and bloating.
- Gums: Guar and xanthan gum are proved to be responsible for causing colitis. People with bowel disease are strongly suggested to stay away from gums and thickeners in order to avoid indigestion.
- Soy: Soy possesses protein inhibitors. It is an enzyme that restricts digestion. The carbohydrate content of the soy does not get recognized by the GI system. This leads to bloating, cramps and gas.
- Nightshade vegetables: Vegetables such as potato, bell pepper and tomatoes contain a compound called solanine. The latter is known to be responsible for indigestion. People with a compromised GI should not consume these vegetables at all.
- Red Dye: May fast food item contain a red dye which is known to decrease the production of energy, disturb nerve signaling and is an inflammatory agent.
- Sweeteners: Fake sweeteners show GI symptoms such as bloating and gas. Replacing this with sugar is not at all a good idea since it causes indigestion over a period of time.
- Legumes and beans: Legumes and beans contain compounds called saponins and lectins respectively. They are a major cause of a leaky gut and inflammation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.
I am a 40 year old women having pain on the right side of my stomach for about 2 months. I consulted a doctor and they gave tablets by thinking I may have ulcer. But still after putting medicines too i'm having pain. What should I do?
I am suffering from stomach infection. The specialist stated that there is no permanent cure. It will occur again after the gap of few months. Can it be cured permanently with the help of ayurveda or homeopathy.
Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old female mother of two kids. Since last two days am having stomach pain. Started at night when I had bad recurring spasms for 4-5 hrs and then I vomited. Next day it was better as I took metrogyl twice eno meftal spas. But 3rd day but its not going. There is recurrent spasms every 15-20 mins. Kindly suggest medication. These episodes recur every 4-5 months. Seems my digestive system once strong is weak now. Thanks for your advice in advance.
Hello Dr, In anal fissure, DId anus became red and swollen which make sphincter tight? And Did inflammation spread to whole anal sphincter?(Painless Inflammation) or This Is Infection which is spreading? Thanks.
Indigestion can often give rise to issues like heartburn, bloating, diarrhoea, constipation and gas. If the problem of indigestion is not treated on time, it can lead to even greater issues like gastroesophageal reflux and irritable bowel syndrome. Ayurveda recognises a concept known as Ama, which can be defined as the toxins created by indigestion. There are many ways to treat to indigestion in an Ayurvedic way. Let us look at the top ten tips for the same:
1. Aloe Vera: An ounce of Aloe Vera a day will keep indigestion away. Break off, a leaf and scoop some gel into a smoothie for smooth digestion.
2. Turmeric: Haldi or Turmeric helps in reducing bloating and is one of the most commonly used spices found in Ayurveda. This spice is a staple in Indian cooking as well, where pretty much all dishes are seasoned with cooked Turmeric.
3. Timely Intake of Meals: For better digestion, one must take meals at the same time everyday. Also, do not sit down for the next meal before the previous meal has been digested properly.
5. Triphala: This combination of three fruits ensures that your digestive system remains in good working condition.
6. Water: One must have at least three litres of water a day, in order to flush the toxins out and take care of mental hunger.
7. Sleep: Sleep is a major factor that cures stress and creates a balance of sorts in one's routine, thus aiding proper digestion.
8. Exercise: Some form of movement and exercise is imperative to keep the digestive system in prime working condition. Walk and Yoga, especially are ideal to boost one's digestive health.
9. Meditation: This is one of the best ways to give digestion a positive push with a good dose of mindfulness and awareness for better balance in the body.
10. Massage: A good oil massage on a regular basis keeps the blood flow in order and ensures that all the organs function well.
In Ayurveda, the point is to heal and prevent, which is why the methods tend to get to the root of the problem.