Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Raj PrakashYour feedback matters!
Now a days I am facing a problem that my nose is blocked and sputum is coming from my throat for around an year I consult many doctors but nothing has worked out.
I am having pain my throat I have this for past 2 years. I cN see it has engulfed. Can it be thyroid.
I had swelling in my throat for last one month and taken antibiotic but it works for small period and the swelling started again. And also I couldn't speak for longer period. What should I do?
My sister met with a bike accident last month and suffered minor fracture on nose. Resulting in stitches on nose. Now she is worried about the mark on nose. Is there any tube available to remove the mark from her nose. please tell me as she is worried about her beautiful nose.
My son who is 8 years, continuously getting morning sneezing and itching to eyes (even after washing). Also he keeps falling Sick often by getting cough and fever. Any precautions I can take to prevent this.
I am 22 years old now. I am having running nose from last few days. What kind of medicine should I take now?
Dear Doctor, I am suffering from vertigo from last three months. What type of diet is required in this treatment.
I have actively noise in my left ear like when a cracker explode near us and we get into a noisy whistle for that time. I also feel sudden pain in my left side of brain vessel (not sure it is vessel or something. I am suffering this from last 5 months. I also checked up by ear specialist but they found nothing. And the noise is still in my left ear, right side no problem.
I have tonsils from last 7 months according to ent doctors it is due to falling of mucus in my throat and their is no relief from antibiotics what to do.
Sir I am male 30 years, problem is there are couf in my throat, so please explain what I do, what's reason of cauf.
I'm suffering with frequent throat infection like base voice from 7 months. And some times ruining nose and throat cold. Please help me.
I am 18 years old I am having tonsil amf now a fays cough and fever and not able to speak you only tell what do. And some time headaches.
The inflammation of the tissues around the sinuses is a condition known as sinusitis. This can be triggered by a number of factors including a common cold and pollen allergies. The symptoms of acute sinusitis are -
- Facial muscle pain
- Stuffiness of the nose
- Running nose
- Loss of smell
Sinusitis is an uncomfortable condition on its own, but can also lead to a number of other complications. Ayurveda can be very effective in treating sinusitis without causing any other side effects. Here are a few ways to treat sinusitis with Ayurveda.
- Steam inhalations - Steam is a decongestant that can successfully clear congestion and make sinusitis less painful. This can be done five to six times a day. If your sinus is causing excessive pain, this should be repeated regularly for at least a week. In cases of chronic sinusitis, you may even continue this form of treatment for two years.
- Nasyam - Nasyam is one of the five therapies of detoxification according to Ayurveda. It treats sinusitis by administering medicated oils or herbal juices through the nostrils into the body. Nasyam acts by attacking and removing excess humor in sinus cavities. This improves the flow of oxygen in the body, and thus also helps treat the pain that is a result of your sinusitis.
- Ginger-Garlic - Ginger and garlic have a number of medicinal properties. A teaspoon of fresh ginger juice with honey can help reduce the congestion caused by sinusitis. This should ideally be had early in the morning, as soon as you wake up and may be repeated in the evening. Similarly, create a concoction with crushed garlic, turmeric, and honey, in the ratio of 1 tsp each of garlic and turmeric and 2 tbsp of honey. Have 1 tsp of this concoction daily.
- Jala Neti - Neti is a yogic purification method and jala neti refers to purification by water. This is a simple technique that should be practiced daily to relieve problems related to sinuses. Fill a neti pot with lukewarm water and a little salt. Position the neti pot such that the spout is in one of the nostrils. Breathe through your mouth and tilt your head till the water starts flowing from one nostril to the other. Once the pot has been emptied, repeat the process with another nostril. This can be repeated any number of times.
- Change your diet - Ayurveda is a lifestyle and hence diet is a very important part of the treatment. Avoid cold and oily food. Starting the day with a glass of lemon juice and water is also said to be beneficial to sinusitis patients. Processed foods, chocolates, liquor, carbonated drinks etc are other things to be refrained from when treating sinusitis with Ayurveda. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.