Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Radhiga GYour feedback matters!
I met my wife after long ago and today we had too much sex ,almost 3or4 times in a day .Here the weather is very hot almost 40 degree usually, and now I am facing extreme joints pain and kind of fever .thank you.
My wife is suffuring from Lucoriya from last two years so please suggest me which medicine will help for her.
I have done blood test (hcg beta serum test) its 11.24. But I have done urine test also for pregnancy its negative pls tell me m I pregnant or not. My last period date was 7 march and today its 6 april but still today I did pregnancy test its negative again and in my blood test its 11.24 pls tell me.
Hello, My name is Archana. I am not able to conceive. My one tube s blocked. Please help me. What should I do? I can not go for IVF or UIU.
I had menopause at 33. I have pain in vagina after intercourse. Apply gel then too. Sometimes itching occurs for two days. Taken infection medicine quite a lot of time. Is there any serious problem.
I already had an ipill within less than 18 hours of sex while on medical. However, I also have PCOS issue and my last actual period was on 22nd November 2016 after which I saw spotting for a couple of time with a gap of 8 days each until 22nd December. Also, I have not not got my period with the normal flow after 22nd November. So jus to be sure if I am missing my period cz of PCOS or if the ipill has worked or not, how long do I wait for the period to happen considering the dates and irregularity of the period? I just want to be sure I am not pregnant.
I am 25 years old. I did not get periods for the last four months. Please suggest me any pills to get them immediately.
Hi I am 43 years old suddenly found delayed and heavy periods which was not earlier. Dr. advice me to do amh test which was 0.46.what does this mean. She said I am in menopause. Don't understand. Previously I was on pills last one year Pls explain what does this mean amh 0.46.is I am going towards menopause air already in menopause.
Becoming a parent is the most cherishing moment in a couple's life, hence it is important to ensure that both the mother and the baby are healthy. In today's world lot of factors like environmental, socio-economic, lifestyle associated, and addictions such as smoking and alcohol affect the health of both men and women. If the parents have ill health or unhealthy lifestyle practices, the same can complicate matters and also cause infertility.
Today's life, especially in the metro cities, is fast and becoming more stressful. Pregnancy is a period when the health of the baby is directly dependent on the health of the mother and father. Also during the early phase of pregnancy the development of a baby inside the womb is very rapid and is the base for its future. Preconception counseling helps parents to understand and identify the different factors affecting the growth of the baby along with the modifications or complete illumination of these factors (if possible) to maintain the healthy development of the baby and the health of the mother as well.
Hence preconception counseling is a good initiative towards a healthy outcome. It not only guides the parent about the healthy lifestyle but also helps to find out the genetic factors causing any malformation or medical conditions, affecting the baby- the mother- the whole family through an emotional, psychological, social and economic point of view. It helps the parents to understand the condition, its future consequences so that they are able to take informed decisions.
Planning a baby 1
The Prenatal Counseling Guides About:
- The right height and weight as per the BMI. This highlights the right attributes needed for conception
- Blood pressure to check any abnormality
- Medical history - whether they have had any medical treatment for any particular disease. If yes, then what are the medications? They check whether these are safe medications for pregnancy or not. The doctors then alter them accordingly to avoid any harmful effect on pregnancy.
- Abdominal & pelvic examination to rule out any abnormality
- Rubella screening- It is important to have a vaccine. As Rubella causes abortions or congenital birth defects in baby.
- Varicella screening to assess any chances of future abnormalities
- Depression screening as its medication are harmful for the baby & also if mother is not prepared for pregnancy then the outcome is usually affected.
- Blood tests like urine analysis, complete blood count, sugar, blood group & tests for -STDS (HIV, VDRL), Hepatitis B, thyroid dysfunction
- The importance of well-balanced nutritional diet and how to opt it
- The change or modification in the lifestyle to reduce stress
- Exercise and its benefits
- Any family history of any disease like Haemophilia and the steps towards it
- Quitting alcohol and smoking as they have adverse effects on the growth and development of baby
- Any kind of drug addiction having ill effect on the health of both mother and baby
Thus prenatal counseling in planning a baby is a step towards ensuring a healthy outcome.