Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. R. VedapriyaYour feedback matters!
I am having chest pain from last one week. On my left breast nipple there was red color dark blood color with extreme pain. Now nothing is there but still I am having pain. My eosinophil is 9.
If the cancer has relapsed are there chances of it to relapse again & from breast it has come to lung as my cough had increased so there are traces in bone & above liver so are there chances of spreading is it curable how many Chemo is needed pls help.
Hi I was operated for thyroid cancer successfully underwent TT and currently on Thyronorm 150 mcg can I consume FLAX seeds daily in the morning? Will it affect my Thyroid hormone?
I am naru can you tell me why now days this cancer desiese is frequently increasing even in small ages .
What are the tests for screening whole body for cancer? How much time does it takes? How much it approximately costs? TIA.
Is it okay to cleanse your body by fasting from time to time? How long am I contagious when I have the flu or a Is my microwave giving me cancer?
I am 43, year, got oral cancer, and surgery and radiation over, still swelling is their after 9 months also, is any any permanent cure for oral cancer, what are the precaution to be taken after surgery and radiation. I have completed 9 months. I am not able to open the mouth complete. Please guide me to cure permanently.
On 25.03.2017 my beloved mother already suffering from Cancer succumbed to Cerebral Thrombosis. I left no stone unturned for her medical treatment and strove to continue to she her alive for long. But I failed to fulfil my aim. She helped me in various ways and I respected her immensely. In her absence I am a fish without water - I mean to say that I have become very helpless and am thinking that only my death will give me relief. I am unable to forget my mother even for one percent. At this juncture what I should do? Please advise. Your advice in this respect will be highly solicited. - Pranab Kumar Sen.
Symptoms, causes and treatment for Cervical Cancer
Namashkar. Hello, I’m Dr. Shalini Tiwari. I’m a gynaecologist practicing at East Delhi Surya Hospital. Aaj main apko cervical cancer ke bare mein kuch batana chahti hoon.
Today in India, there are so many women who are dying due to cervical cancer. It is one of the most common cancers in the world due to which women are affected. Why today I’m talking about cervical cancers? Today, sexual relations are on rise. Even young women like 16, 17, 18 year old are going for sexual relationship. I’m not saying that sexual relationship is wrong, but why I am talking about cervical cancer is because sexual relationships are one of the highest factors of cervical cancers. So let’s understand what actually cervical cancer is. To understand this, we need to know what cervix is. So I’d like to tell you that we have a uterus where our baby is grown and then born afterwards.
See, this is the uterus, and this is the cervix. So just as we have our face, as we have our lips, so our uterus has lips which is known as cervix. It is this portion which is affected most. Why? Because during sexual intercourse, due to repeated infections, and anything which is outside and which is externally entering into the vagina, first it will infect or affect this part of the uterus. This is known as cervix. So any infection, any erosion, any bleeding, any white discharge, anything which is affecting the cervix can give rise to cervical cancer. This is a very broad statement, there are definite…there are definitely some definite reasons, definite viruses which give rise to this cancer.
Coming on to symptoms of cervical cancer. So many of us have irregular menstrual bleeding, but we tend to ignore it. We should not. Abnormal menstrual bleeding is one of the finest and one of the earliest symptom of cervical cancer. So please don’t ignore it and visit your gynaecologist. Now you would like to know what abnormal bleeding is? So abnormal bleeding would be bleeding after intercourse, abnormal bleeding would be bleeding in between menstrual cycles, abnormal bleeding can be excessive bleeding during regular cycles. So any three of them, if it is there, you please visit your doctor, and get yourself checked.
Why so much of a hush-hush over cervical cancer all over the world? Because, number 1, it is common, number 2, it is a preventable cancer. It is a very slow growing cancer. It starts from the cervix, and then gradually gradually gradually it involves all of the uterus. But this gradual is so much that if we diagnose it, it can be actually cured 100%. That’s why we really need to be careful. You should be having a regular checkups, all women, specially all sexually active women. You should have regular checkups.
So what are the preventive checkups for cervical cancer?
- Pap test. All of us know Pap test. It is being advertised in TV, it is being advertised by WHO off and on. So every sexually active woman should get a Pap test every three years.
- Similarly there is a virus called HPV virus, i.e, Human papillomavirus. This virus is a sexually transmitted virus. And if this virus is there, there are high chances that patient will develop cervical cancer. Though once infected with this virus, it doesn’t mean that it will be there throughout your life. Because it titles goes down in one year or two years, but then there are two specific types, like 16 type and 18 type of HPV virus, which can really give your body a potentiality to grow into cervical cancer. So you should get your HPV testing also done.
- Third is colposcopy. Colposcopy is a screening test, and through colposcopy we see the cells of cervix directly under acetic acid, which really helps us to diagnose if the cells can grow into cancers, or these cells are benign cells. And these three tests are absolutely noninvasive tests, non-painful tests, and just OPD procedure for two to three or five minutes maximum. So you should…all of you should get these tests dine regularly. Number three, supposing we do these tests, and we diagnose that element of cancer is there. So if it is in initial stages, like we call it carcinoma, you won’t believe, to treat this we don’t even need to do hysterectomy. This is just we need to do a cryo, ye ek prakar ki thandi si jo layman ki bhasha mein bolte hain, or use puri tarah ye erosion theek ho jata hain. Uske baad use jo cervical cells hote hain cancer waale, wo bhi mar jaate hain. And the chances of progressing into a frank carcinoma becomes almost negligible.
That’s why cervical cancer is everywhere. So we need to be very careful, we need to be very vigilant. Our health is in our hands. So if we are not vigilant about our health, no one else is going to tell us, please go to the doctor. Humein pata hona chahiye ki hamare mein infection ho raha hain, white discharge humein zyaada ho raha hain, bleeding humein zyaada ho rahi hain, so ;et’s viosit the doctor.
In the end, agar apko dikhana hain, aap chahte hain ki aap cervical cancer se bachein rahein, please come to me. I sit as Surya Hospital in East Delhi, or you can contact me through Lybrate. Thank you.
Do cancers are somehow related to heredity as I have seen many cases where cancer patients parent or uncle / some family member was also affected by same disease.
What is the advantage of hormone therapy after the operation and radiation treatment for breast cancer. How many years hormone therapy required? How do check growth of cancer cell in breast after hormone treatment.
I want to know if there is simple medicine in alopathic,homeopathy,ayurvedic etc.My psa is 2.8 which is within normal limits but ultrasound scanning shows enlargement.Urine flow is OK so also frequency.
Prostatitis is a very common infection of the prostate. However, it is worth to note that prostatitis can also be an inflammation of the prostate without infection. Only 5 to 10 percent of prostatitis is caused by bacterial infection. Prostate cancer does not normally have its chances increased by prostatitis. There are several forms of prostatitis, including acute bacterial prostatitis, chronic bacterial prostatitis and chronic nonbacterial prostatitis (which is also known as chronic pelvic pain syndrome ).
The exact cause for prostatitis is not known, but here are some factors which increase its risk, particularly acute bacterial prostatitis.
- Medical instrumentation: Putting an instrument like a urinary catheter may well cause prostatitis.
- Rectal intercourse: This is basically another name for anal sex.
- Abnormal urinary tract: The urinary tract comprises of the bladders, kidneys, ureters and urethra. If any one of these organs gets infected, then prostatitis is much more likely.
- Bladder infection: A bladder infection may well spread to the prostate.
Prostatitis has a variety of symptoms. Here are the most common symptoms of prostatitis.
- Constant need of urination: This is one of the most common symptoms of prostatitis.
- Difficulty when urinating: Just like the constant need of urination, difficulty urinating is also a sign that you may have prostatitis.
- Pain while urinating: This is because the prostate gland is a part of your urinary tract and if it does not work properly, there will be pain.
- Chills and fever: This is a rarer symptom, but may indicate prostatitis if it is coupled with the other symptoms.
- Pain in perineal area and genital organs: If you are experiencing pain in genital organs, than it may indicate prostatitis.
- Painful ejaculations or relief of perineal pain after ejaculations: If you are having painful ejaculation or the pain arises after ejaculation, then it may be due to prostatitis.
- Hematospermia: Pinkish or brownish semen.
If these symptoms are persistent or bothersome, then a proper consultation is required. Evaluation includes physical examination along with few simple tests. This can be followed by proper treatment for cure or relief of symptoms.