Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. R. VedapriyaYour feedback matters!
Is my microwave giving me cancer? Will vitamin D save my life? Should I really be taking four times the recommended daily dose?
Hello Doctor. I've frequent stomach problems, I feel unusual cramps. I feel the heat down my tummy. I was admitted recently as I was diagnosed with Diarrhea. This being one of the symptom of cancer has moved me.
Hi, she had a blood cancer 5 years ago, when she was at the age of 18, she has been through the treatment, now she is fine, my question is 1) she will be okay for ever for rest of her life? 2) She can have a normal life like others? 3) is there any chance to get that disease back? 4) She can get married and can start her life happily? 5) Will be having any sexual problem in future? 6) will be there any pregnancy problem? 7) If she will have child that child will be normal? And 8) Is there any chance to her partner to get this disease?
Sir my mother is suffering from cervix cancer stage 3rdb.Now she is taking 25no of 250cgy radition along with 3 brachytherapy treatment.Sir wheather the treatment is enough or not? again after ultrasound if no maligant tumour found then will i have do anything more?
I am having slightly enlarged prostate. I am taking alfusin 10 mg. Kindly advice any exercises to do or any home remedy. Can the enlargement de reduced? Thanks.
1. Prevents cancer: as a magnificent source of vitamin c and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
2. Blood pressure: low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
3. Heart's well-being: the fibre, potassium, vitamin c and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart's well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. Diabetes: tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
5. Constipation: eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
6. Eye health: tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration.
7. Skin: collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin c. An inadequacy of vitamin c leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin c is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from uv rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
8. Pregnancy: a good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother's womb. This can be found in tomatoes.
Sir My brother has operated for brain tumor in left frontal lobs in june 2014. After that operation doctor said he has cancer-anaplastic astrocytoma stage-3. He has take one month radiation with chemo 120 gm and 130 mg chemo. After radiation he has take 3 month chemo 250 mg and 350 mg alternative. But after One year now doctor saying that MRI showing a small ring in post operated area. It may be disease- mean again growing cancer cell. So please suggest what we can do this time. Is there is need of radiation again. Please suggest .
If I smoke cigarettes, marijuana and other form of smoking, what are the chances of getting lung cancer? How can I quit smoking? 13 ANSWERS ￼Ben Ferguson, lung cancer graduate student and research scientist 21k Views • Upvoted by Laszlo B. Tamas, Neurosurgeon with ties to the Bay area and Silicon Valley.
I have a problem here inside my throat, I have a feeling not so well. Normally when the time I eat it's ok, but after I shallow finish to eat, they have a pain to my throat, I feel they have some big stone to full my breath its so hurt to breast more pain.
Once the reality of the positive pregnancy test sets in, dreaming about the yet-to-arrive begins. Curiosity about gender, options for names, ways to manage, shopping ideas, etc., begin to get discussed. And then totally out of the blue the news comes that there is a miscarriage. This is one of the most depressing phases. It is very important for the family to be around and support each other. While the entire family is upset and hurt over the news, the mother needs most care as there is just not emotional but a huge physical component also to the episode. On the other hand, remember that miscarriages are extremely common, and is no indication of a fertility issue.
The first step would be to diagnose and confirm the miscarriage. After that, depending on whether it was complete or incomplete, some medical intervention might be required. In most cases, medications like misoprostol are given to expel the uterine contents. These help by clearing out the contents in about a couple of days' time. In some cases, a D and C might be required if your doctor suspects that medication will not suffice. This also helps identify if there is any issue in the uterus that could have caused the miscarriage.
While the above takes care of the physical part, the emotional component also requires cautious management. Needless to say, this is trickier than the earlier one.
- Mourn to your heart's content - When you have nursed a life within you and have lost it, it is very normal to cry for its loss. There would be a mix of emotions - shock, denial, confusion, anger, grief, depression, etc. Take some solace from that fact that this is nature's way of removing unhealthy fetuses.
- Get someone to talk to - Need not be your husband, but anybody whom you can talk to without having to watch words. A sibling, a good friend, a close relative - your choice. Make sure you don't pick ones who will judge and sympathize with you. More than sympathy, you need someone understanding and knowledgeable.
- Socialize more - As you would have kept to yourself post your positive test, use this time to socialize more and meet friends whom you have not regularly been in touch with. Close family members, your children (if you already have), society groups, movie groups, etc., help to a great extent.
- Formal medical counseling: If you are not able to cope with your regular circle of family and friends, try seeking professional advice from counseling.
- Spirituality - Whether you believe in temple or churches, spend some time there. Involve in some religious activity if you would like, this helps very often.
As much as it is painful and traumatic, it is not very uncommon or unnatural. Get back on your feet, the sooner you do, the better.