Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. R. V. ThenmozhiYour feedback matters!
Many people have a common workout woe that while they are working out for hours they are not losing weight. The reason on a broad sense is simply that you are undoing your workout. Let me explain the reasons here.
1. Calorie overload/dieting - A general opinion amongst a lot of people is that since they are working out, they can binge on their favourite foods. Another group of people are those who workout with utmost sincerity but do not eat post workout. Both are equally harmful and aide fat generation.
2. Not staying hydrated - While working out, our bodies lose a lot of water. Often, we confuse the feeling of being thirsty as being hungry. So after a workout, when one might actually be hungry, one ends up filling the stomach with food. Stay hydrated at all times, especially before and after workout.
3. Drinking alcohol - A lot of people workout during the day and drink in the evening. This is a strict no-no and if not adhered to, you will end up gaining more weight than losing. Usually it is recommended staying completely off alcohol while trying to lose weight because drinks have calories and high sugar content. If abstaining is difficult, restrict the quantity.
4. Not working out enough - Human mind can be fooled very easily into believing what is not. We often believe that we our workout is enough and we don’t need to increase the number of counts, level of difficulty etc. It is good to give yourself a pat in the back, but never too soon.
5. Rewarding yourself - Rewarding yourself after losing every kilo is a very bad idea. Set a big goal and reward yourself only once achieved.
6. Drinking energy drinks - Advertisements promote energy drinks as a must for people who are working out. What they conveniently hide is the fact that these drinks are full of sugar.
7. Not eating enough vegetables - Many people turn to protein shakes and unhealthy foods instead of eating regular home-cooked vegetables which are packed with nutrients.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Brown discharge from breast nipple myself 41 female. My periods are irregular m also thyroid blood pressure sugar complaints over weight 140kg. For thyroid i am taking eltroxin 50 for blood pressure telmikind am and for sugar glynase mf 1 tablet before lunch and half tablet before evening.
My friend has been suffering from excessive hunger since 4 months. She gets tired very fast even after doing small piece of work. What should she do?
I am 27 male. I am married since 3 yrs. I don't have child. I and my wife going to treatment for infertility. My count was 52 million and motility 36%. My LH value is high. My last month LH value report is 11.7 but now 16.7. FSH and testosterone are normal. Pls say whether I will get baby or not? Why my LH value is high? And how I want to control? Pls say clearly and briefly.
My wife mensuration period got over on 15 nov. When shd I do sex to get her pregnant. Pls mention the date range.
“Cold and Flu” season is right around the corner, and it seems that everywhere you go you run into someone sneezing! How can you boost your immunity so you can stay healthy this Winter? Getting sick is not only uncomfortable, but it also impacts your productivities, your energy level and even your relationship (Have you ever got snappy because you have a sore throat or a headache?) Luckily, there are some easy ways to strengthen your immune system by adding some common yet nutritious foods to your diet. They have high immunity boosting nutrients (e.g. vitamins A, B, and C, zinc), anti-viral and/or antibacterial properties:
1.Yogurt (ideally plain yogurt as added sugar can suppress immunity) – probiotics help strengthen immune system.
2.Pumpkin seeds – high in zinc and omega-3, both essential for a healthy immune system.
3.Cold water fish – good source of protein and omega-3.
4.Fresh fruits and vegetables, especially carrots, beets, sweet potatoes, tomatoes – they are rich in beta-carotene, a precursor of vitamin A.
5.Ground seeds, lentils, beans and whole grains – good source of B vitamins and protein.
6.Ginger – has anti-viral properties.
7.Garlic – has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties.
8.Honey (raw) –has anti-viral properties.
9.Green tea –has anti-viral properties.
10.Mushrooms (maitake, reishi, shiitake) – elevate flu-fighting agents.
Bonus tips: avoid sugar and alcohol, both of which can weaken your immune system.
Hi, I am a mom of a 6 months old baby. I had a c-section in october and still I am feeling pain in my knees, legs. I am not able to fold my knees and sit cross-legs because it pains. Can you please help me out with some solution.
I am 35 Weeks Pregnant and my hemoglobin level Is now 7.7 what to do? Is it any dangerous in delivery section? Whether it will affect to me or my baby?
Hi, I am married 29 years of age. I had one abortion done 4 months before. Recently I had white discharge, I am not sure about that. Is it something serious? Please advice.
We are planning for a baby first time. My wife's first day of last menses cycle was 22 October 2015. We had love/sex on 06 November 2015 (night) and 07 November 2015 (morning. On 07 Nov 2015, BBT is 97.9 where as before this it was between 97.2 to 97.4. Now she has pain in abdomen with bloating. BBT from 07 Nov 15 to till date is continuing as 97.9 Is she pregnant now? Or do we require more sex/love today for conceive. Please guide me soon.
When my wife is on period how can I sex with her and what type of precautions I can use. I am 25 years old and my wife is 23 can you suggest me how can I sex with her in time of period.
Hi i am 26 yrs old married women now I have a 5 month old baby. Now I wanna stop for 5 yrs. Please suggest me.
This is what happens when you drink carbonated drinks.
After 20 minutes- the effects that soda has on your body vary over a duration of time as explained here. For instance, within 20 minutes of drinking soda, you will notice a spike in your blood sugar. Then, the liver responds to this insulin burst and converts massive amounts of sugar into fat.
At 40 minutes- the next stage happens by 40 minutes, when the blood pressure rises due to absorption of caffeine. This is the time when liver dumps a lot more sugar in your blood-stream.
An hour- an hour later, the sugar crash is witnessed, which leads to the cycle of consuming more and more sugar.
Overall health- so in effect, having aerated beverages affects your weight, brain, kidneys, digestive system and even your bones, heat, lungs and the teeth!
If you have any further questions on issues related to obesity, click on" consult now.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
People who regularly work out can go on about its benefits and also show off a toned physique. However, a bad or improper movement can be more harmful than no exercise at all. Read on to know some common exercise moves that are best avoided for their potential harmful effects.
- Dumbbell punches: By holding dumbbells and punching them forward into the air, you are just spending your energy with absolutely no return from it. It is good as a conditioning one if done for a long time, but does not help the shoulders or the arms. Bicep curls and triceps extensions yield much better results than these punches.
- Shoulder Shrugs: The only muscle that gets worked here is the trapezius, which is at the top of the shoulders and the neck. The arms and the back do not get any benefit and shoulder shrugs can actually cause postural problems and increase shoulder tension. Best avoided if you are not a professional bodybuilder.
- Thigh machines: One of the most ineffective machines in the gym, the poor posture and no workout for the abs is one of the reasons the outer and inner thigh workouts should be avoided. Better results can be achieved with squats and lunges, which also help more muscles and help in losing weight.
- Plank rows: While plank rows or board lines work very well for core strengthening, it is not as effective for back and arm strengthening. Better results are achieved with the usual lines for these areas.
- Lat pull-downs behind the neck: This can be very harmful for people who have even minor shoulder joint problems. The idea is to build arm, torso, and back muscles by pulling a weighted bar down the front and back of the chest area. This can cause misalignment, shoulder impingement, or a tear in the rotator cuff, and in severe cases, even cervical vertebral fracture.
- Military Presses Behind the Head: Similar to a lat pull-down, here also, a barbell is lifted up and down behind the head and can cause the same problems as the earlier one, including fracture of the cervical spine.
- Squatting on a bosu ball: These colorful equipment are very alluring but can be really dangerous and can cause ankles and knees to be injured, causing meniscal tears or disruptions.
- Crunches: When improperly done, crunches produce the same position as one achieves while working on the computer - head forward and rounded shoulder. Crunches are meant to be done by pulling up on the head and not using the abs, as most people incorrectly do.
Make sure you get a trainer's advice on the right ways to work out so as to get the maximum benefits and avoid injuries.