Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R.Ravi
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R.RaviYour feedback matters!
I have hair loss little bit some of area side hair is more loss right side little bit left side and fore head side. Tell the home remedy.
Hi i'm 20 year old boy and I have pimples on my penis on lower side? What should I do for this? They are not going from many days.
Sir I am suffering from hair loss & whitening of hair that's why yesterday I visited a doc & he suggests following drugs. Aminofine forte Finasteride curlz fin tab Kerablak tab Minoxidil topical soln These 4 med. But after taking these tab I was stuck with acidity. What should I do?
In my face so many nail marks are their So what types of cream I use to remove this mark? please suggest me. Give me the solution.
Gone are the days when hair fall or hair problems were primarily associated with old age. In today's world, the environmental pollution, stress, health problems have made hair loss a common problem. People in their early 20's and 30's are suffering from severe hair loss. The hair fall, thinning scalp, baldness in both men and women (often an outcome of Alopecia) brings about endless humiliation and mockery. With self-confidence gone for a toss, hair fall also affects the overall appearance of a person (makes a person look aged and unattractive). For people dealing with severe hair loss (often permanent), hair transplant surgery comes as a savior that can put an end to their misery.
What is Hair Transplantation?
In hair transplantation, we have a donor site and a recipient site. The donor site contains the healthy hair follicles that can be used for the hair transplantation. The recipient site, on the other hand, is the site where the transplantation is to take place. Thus, a hair transplantation in simple terms is a procedure that involves the transplantation of hair follicles from the donor site (can be from the sides or the back of the head) into the recipient site for permanent hair restoration. In this regard, it is important to mention about the two widely used hair transplantation techniques- the Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT):
- Also known as the Strip Method, in FUT, a strip of tissue is obtained from the donor site.
- The next step involves extraction of the hair follicles (using stereomicroscope dissection) of the preferred size (from the obtained tissue strip).
- To carry out the grafting of the extracted hair follicles, the surgeon uses instruments with fine needle points to mark the recipient site.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE):
- For the hair transplantation, the follicular units (from the donor site) need to be isolated from the neighboring tissues.
- For the segregation, tiny incisions (circular cuts of about 1mm) are carried out in the skin comprising of the follicular unit.
- The follicular units thus obtained are then grafted into the recipient site.
When compared between the two (FUE and FUT), FUE being less invasive with a quick healing time is the more preferred hair transplantation technique.
The eligibility criteria for a hair transplantation
Not everyone with a hair fall problem is eligible for a hair transplantation. For a person (irrespective of their sexes) to undergo the hair restoration procedure
- People with medical conditions such as Diabetes, Chronic liver or kidney ailments, Hypertension, HIV, need a proper medical consultation and evaluation before opting for the hair transplantation.
- People with Diffuse Unpatterned Alopecia should refrain from the hair transplantation surgery.
- There is no age limit for hair transplantation. However, in patients below 18 years, one needs to be careful as their pattern of hair loss is still not clearly established.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Homeopathy is a branch of traditional medicine that aims to cure diseases and disorders by focusing on causal factors. Homeopathic treatment comes to your aid for all your big and small problems alike. If you are part of the league that suffers from oily skin, homeopathy will be your answer. In most cases, oily skin doesn't lead to severe health issues, but it does cause inconvenience. It makes you feel sticky and smudgy, leading to a loss of confidence.
Homeopathic cures to keep oil on the skin at bay
Natrum Mur: A good homeopath will administer this medicine only after having inquired a litany of things about your constitution. A homeopathic preparation varies from person to person depending upon the constitution of their body. If you have oily skin, you are prone to pore - clogging, acne, pimples and pockmarks. Natrum Mur efficiently deals with these problems. It helps in removing excess oil from the pores, making your skin glow at the same time. Prescription of this medicine is based on symptoms like inability to cope with difficulties, nervousness, intolerance to heat exposure, and an agitated disposition.
Psorinum: Your greasy skin often casts a shadow on your natural complexion. Oily skin makes you look exhausted at all times of the day. You can benefit from Psorinum as it deals with the overactive
sebaceous glands, cleans the pores of your skin, treats pimples and also fights dark patches. People who sweat profusely and suffer from body odor problems or people susceptible to cold are usually advised to take this medicine.
Silicea and Kali Bromatum: Excess oil secretion often leads to the development of pus containing acne or pimples. These pimples, when diminish, may leave permanent or long lasting marks on your face. Scars and marks further result in pigmentation. Such problems can take a huge toll on your psychological health, leading you to be overly concerned about the way you look or losing interest in self appearance. In this regard, Silicea and Kali Bromatum can work wonders for your oily skin and its resultant effects.
Berberis Aquifolium: No amount of make up can mar the appeal of clear skin. If you have oily skin, you are likely to face dullness. Since dirt easily settles on a greasy skin, it can make you look darker than usual. Berberis Aquifolium is an unparalleled medication in homeopathy that treats the above conditions without any side effects.
The process of breast augmentation, popularly known as breast enlargement or implants, effectively increases the size of the breasts through insertion of silicone gel implants or saline implants. It is known to be popular among women and is frequently done and shows quite satisfying results.
Why do women opt for breast augmentation?
- Some women opt for implants to enhance their figure
- Others opt for implants, when they experience some sort of sagging or alteration to their breast after a pregnancy or after losing some weight and even due to old age.
- Some women also choose enhancement surgery, if they feel that one breast is smaller than the other.
What does a breast augmentation procedure involve?
Breast augmentation surgery is generally performed, while the patient is under the influence of general anaesthesia. In case of enhancement with the help of implants, an incision is made in the breast tissue and a pocket is created to place the implants. Once these implants are successfully placed the incision is closed and is allowed to heal.
What sort of implants is available?
There are basically 4 types of implants that are recommended on the basis of the body type:
- Saline filled breast implants: These implants contain sterile water and are either pre-filled or filled during the surgery.
- Silicone filled breast implants: These implants contain soft elastic gel and come prefilled. These types of implants also require an incision which is longer in size.
- Cohesive gel silicone implants: Commonly known as 'form stable'implants, they contain cohesive gel that is more firm and thicker than normal silicone implants.
- Autologous fat transfer: It consists of fat that has been removed through liposuction from a part of the body, like the abdomen or thighs. The fat is then refined and injected into the breasts. However, implants done through this method is not very common and is currently under research.
Breast implants are generally supposed to last for life, but on occasions they may need replacement. Thus regular check ups are essential, so as to monitor the condition of the implants. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic-surgeon.