Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R. N. Sritharan
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R. N. SritharanYour feedback matters!
I am in my thirties. My skin is oily. N have many open pores which are visible. How can I improve my skin ?
I have suffering from blood stool whenever I am eating spicy food or taking alcohol. What kind of symptoms these are?
Hello, there are several boils appear on my leg and thigh, they have disappear after some days and new one comes, I'm taking Augmentin 625 duo from a week and now boils are reducing but not completely going, please prescribe me something to get rid from them completely.
Muje mere stomach ke upar charabi ki ghathi hai. Aur kaam nahi ho raha hai. Woh dukhta toh naHi. Muje waise 10.12 hai. Use kam kaise kare.
Hello sir m vicky frm odisha. My question is I was suffering frm chìckenpox siviourly 2 months with nimonia also but now m out of this but my face is full frm blackheads vry badly. People are suggesting me to use coconut water. But there is no result my marriage is after 2 months so sir wat should I do? please help me out.
I'm 20 years old I have acne marks on left chick so please prescribe any medication for this I have normal type of skin some dark circles under eyes are present.
My internal upper lips is dry since two weeks. I makes me difficult to speak and laugh. Have you any remedy? please help.
I have lot of black and white heads. How I can remove my white and black heads permanently also have big pores on my face please suggest me what will I do.
Is a any treatment of freckles? please tell me laser treatment is a safe or not? How much costly it is?
The condition which occurs on exposure to foreign substances and causes the skin to become red, itchy and inflamed is known as contact dermatitis. It is commonly known as a rash. Although most of the reactions to contact dermatitis are not serious, they can be very irritating till the itching subsides. The causes of contact dermatitis are usually case specific; they vary according to the different types of this disease.
The types of contact dermatitis are:
- Allergic contact dermatitis: This condition occurs when an allergic reaction is developed after exposure to foreign substances. The reaction occurs with a release of inflammatory chemicals that causes the skin to become irritated and itchy. If a person has eczema, he or she can suffer from this kind of rash. Causes of allergic contact dermatitis include:
- Latex gloves
- Poison Oak
- Jewellery (gold or nickel)
- Perfumes and chemicals in skincare and cosmetic products
- Irritant contact dermatitis: Contact between the skin and a toxic material causes Irritant contact dermatitis. They can be sub divided into two categories, namely chemical irritants and physical irritants. Some of the toxic substances that cause this condition include battery acid, drain cleaners, detergents, kerosene, pepper spray and bleach. The physical causes of Irritant contact dermatitis include low humidity from air conditioning, a variety of plants and so on so forth. The condition tends to become more painful, rather than itchy.
- Photo-contact dermatitis: This is a very uncommon type of contact dermatitis which is caused due to the exposure of some active ingredients in sunscreen to sunlight. When sunlight is not present, the sensitive chemicals in the substances are not harmful.
Symptoms of contact dermatitis depend upon the causes of this condition. The symptoms of allergic contact dermatitis are:
- Dry or oozing blisters
- Dry, flaky and scaly skin
- Redness of the skin
- Extreme itching
- Burning of the skin with or without sores
- Leathery or dark appearance of the skin
- Swelling, particularly on the face, in your eyes or groin regions
Symptoms of Irritant Contact dermatitis can be slightly different. They include:
- Cracking due to extreme dryness
- Stiff or tightened skin
- Open sores that form crusts
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!