Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R.M.ArumugamYour feedback matters!
I have spotted some spots on my penis white in color as I masturbate daily using soap please recommend me ny medicine which I can buy over d counter.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Hello doctor. From the past 8-10 days I've an unusual itch throughout my body. Itching in the back, itch in thighs, legs and hands. As soon as I itch, the skin becomes raised, forming lines like threads. These lines are not red, they bear the colour of the skin. They disappear after 10-15 minutes. There is no abnormality in skin texture at that region before or after the itch, nor does it appear dry or red. Then what is the cause of this troublesome itch? I had ringworm of the pelvic 2 years back. But this is not like that. Should I visit a doctor or wait for it to heal on its own or are there some home remedies for it?
Melanoma is a form of skin cancer that is caused due to many reasons. This condition mainly indicates a severe malfunction of the melanocytes or the melanin producing cells of the body. These cells are responsible for giving you your skin colour, tone and complexion. Usually, a person suffering from melanoma will have many normal and irregular moles as well as melanoma in the eye and digestive tracts too. So, what are the causes of this condition? Read on to find out.
- Skin Cell Development: The general process of skin renewal includes the rise of new skin cells to the surface in a routine and continuous manner. This skin cell development can get hindered due to a number of reasons like DNA damage. When this happens, the dead skin cells accumulate instead of falling off to make space for the new cells, and this can cause a mass of cancerous cells to form.
- Fair Complexion: Having an excessively fair skin tone may point towards lack of melanin or pigment in the skin. This erodes the protection that one naturally gets when exposed to the harmful Ultraviolet rays of the sun. This can increase the risk of contracting melanoma. Also, people with freckles, red or blonde hair, and even blue eyes can fall prey to this condition.
- Location: Your geographic location also matters to a great extent when it comes to this disease. People living closer to the equator have reported increased cases of this disease due to over exposure to Ultraviolet rays. The direct and harsh rays of the Sun can also lead to this condition.
- History: When you have a history of sunburns or if you are particularly susceptible to them, then you may end up with melanoma. Blistering sunburns and too many moles can also lead to this condition. Dysplastic nevi or many unusual modes with irregular shape, size and colour also indicate an increased risk of falling prey to melanoma. Also, if you have had a family history of this disease, then there are chances of contracting the same, as you may have inherited the carrier gene too.
- Immune System: Much like many other diseases and cancers, this condition also greatly depends on the state of your immune system. Patients who have recently recovered from organ transplants, other such procedures, and diseases can find themselves at the weak end of their immunity, which makes them susceptible to such kinds of cancer.
Melanoma should be treated in a proper way by a specialist from the Oncology department.
My dad is diabetic.& also he is obese. What are the measures we should take about diet and physical activity? What are measures I should take to avoid family related diabetes & obesity?
I am 30 years unmarried girl, PCOD sufferer kindly suggest me what should i do as i have gained 15 kg weight.
Sir I have pain in my head many times so I cant get sleep whole time please suggest me what should i do ?
I am type 2 diabetic, my last a1c number approx 4 months ago was 6.0 home testing 1 hour ago showed a post meal blood sugar of 8.4, I became severely dehydrated and overwhelmed by heat at work today leading to excessive sweating, nausea and dizziness, I now have a sour taste in my mouth and my breath smells fruity, I looked up the symptoms online and it looks like I am experiencing ketosis, what I need to know is do I need to go to my local hospital asap or can I wait and see my family doctor.
Sir sometimes I feel heart pain when I sleep flat or during sitting what does it mean as like my heart is touching to my chest I feel. And also sometimes I feel problem during breathing on high temperature my nose also blocks what does it mean, what should I do, is this any disease I am suffering from? What's it's remedy.
Hi, I am here to discuss NLP-Neurolinguistic programming and how it helps in so many things, weight loss being one of them.
every one of us are tired of trying various ways to lose weight, most of us have tried 'N' number of diets, exercise regime, supplements, meal replacers etc to lose weight, but somehow it becomes very difficult for all of us to lose or maintain lost weight, we keep on searching endlessly for a solution which will help us get rid of this problem forever. I have a lot of patients coming to me and telling me, we have tried everything but weight doesn't bulge.
Have you all ever thought - the mind can play a big role in helping us tackle our issues concerning weight, or for that matter anything and everything. Mind and body connection is a vast field and has been studied for years to find a link which can help human race succeed in everything.
Let us first look at what is NLP-stands for Neuro-Linguistic Programming, a name that has three most influential components involved in creating human experience neurology, language and programming. The neurological system regulates how our bodies function, language determines how we interface and communicate with other people and our programming determines the kinds of models of the world we create. Neuro-Linguistic Programming describes the fundamental dynamics between mind (neuro and language (linguistic) and how their interplay affects our body and behavior (programming).
Now let us discuss how it can help actually weight loss cannot be achieved with NLP but NLP can help you change habits so you can lose weight easily
It can program your mind in a way that- celery can taste like chocolate or running can feel better than going to pub.
It can help in a way- that it can make ice -cream or your favorite food- which you can't keep yourself away from looking unappealing - in such a way that thinking of if may make you feel yuck I don't want that piece of cake or ice-cream or pizza. - Think if we achieve this how it can help us in losing weight.
In the same way, it can help make healthy foods feel and look appealing for example if you don't like salads-with using NLP you will enjoy eating salads. It can also help you enjoy exercise. Change your beliefs about yourself and change your perception of things. I can help changing your bad habits and create good habits- example- waking up early, exercising etc
Isn't it wonderful and magical. Yes, it is and its possible too. One more thing it helps in is helping you see yourself-visualize yourself, thin- think yourself thin.
For the further understanding of NLP you can contact me I am a certified NLP practitioner, Hypnotherapist and Time-line therapy practitioner. For all those who want holistic weight loss along with using NLP can take a look at my profile.