Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. R.M.ArumugamYour feedback matters!
Hi! Sir, I am 22 years old boy and doing training in Rajasthan police force my height is 175 cm and weight is 53 kgs. I am looking thin in body and my cheek is deflation so my personality is not attractive. I am thin from childhood and also my cheek and muscles did not growing. I think that it is my generally problem naturally and So for this I take proper diet and fruit vegetables and vitamins product like Bananas, Apples, Pulse, Ghee daily but no affect by this to my body. I am very anxious to my health so please suggest me what should I do for this please Thanks.
We all got together to indulge into our favourite foods this holiday season, where platter overflowed with sweet, spicy and acidic foods. However, when it comes to teeth, sugar isn’t the only culprit that cause tooth decay. High levels of acid in everyday foods and drinks are equally harmful. Lemons to wine, high-acid foods and drinks erode your teeth, causing decay, sensitivity and discoloration. But that doesn’t mean you have to strike all acidic foods and drinks from your diet. The way you consume these items can lessen their damage on your teeth.
It is a type of tooth wear where, the protective surface of your teeth or the enamel wears away exposing the underlying material, called dentin. This leaves your tooth vulnerable to tartar, plaque and bacteria, which cause decay.
Causes of tooth erosion:
Calcium is a key ingredient in building strong teeth. Unfortunately, exposing your teeth to acid can leach calcium from your enamel, causing this protective surface to break down. Foods which have Ph. below 5.0 to 5.7 are acidic. This acid can come from many sources, including the following:
· Carbonated drinks. All soft drinks, including “diet” options, contain high levels of acid that can easily dissolve your enamel.
· Wine. Whether you choose red, white or rosé, drinking wine will soften your enamel.
· Pickles. Which are traditionally seen in an Indian platter
· Fruit juice. The most acidic options include lemon, cranberry, orange and apple.
· Citric fruits. Snacking or sucking on lemons, oranges and limes can wear down your teeth.
· Candy. No sugary sweets are good for your teeth, but you should pay extra attention to avoid sour gummies and candies.
· Sugar. Even though sugar itself does not contain high levels of acidity, it promotes the growth of acid-creating bacteria in your mouth, creating an acidic environment.
· Stomach acid. Vomiting and reflux also can cause serious tooth damage when stomach acid comes into contact with your teeth. If you suffer from an eating disorder, acid reflux or a related condition, seek professional help.
Signs of tooth erosion
Acid wear may lead to serious dental problems. It is important to notice the signs of tooth erosion in its early stages (sensitivity and discoloration) before more severe damage occur, such as cracks, pain and decay.
· Sensitivity. As your teeth’s protective enamel wears away, you may feel a twinge of pain when you consume hot, cold or sweet food and drink. As more enamel is worn away, teeth become increasingly sensitive.
· Discoloration. Teeth can become increasingly yellow as the thinning enamel layer exposes the underlying dentin.
· Rounded teeth. Your teeth may have a rounded or “sand-blasted” look.
· Sharp edges. You might notice thinning of teeth with sharp edges which might cut your tongue and cheeks.
· Transparency. Your front teeth may appear slightly translucent near the edges.
· Cracks. Small cracks and roughness may appear at the edges of teeth.
· Cupping. Small dents may appear on the chewing surface of the teeth, and fillings may appear to be rising up out of the tooth.
What you can do to prevent tooth erosion
Follow these tips to reduce the effects of acid on your teeth.
· Eating higher pH. Food alongside. This helps in lowering the acidity. Includes food like nuts, cheese, oatmeal, mangoes, melons, banana, apples, eggs, vegetables, brown rice and whole grains.
· Eat with meals. Instead of snacking throughout the day, save acidic foods for mealtimes. This will reduce their contact with your teeth and help neutralize the acid by eating it with other foods.
· Wash down with water. Sip water alongside or after the acidic food or drink to wash it out of your mouth.
· Use a straw. While having acidic beverages, reduce their contact with your teeth by using a straw and finishing the drink quickly, instead of sipping over a long period of time.
· Say no to bubbles. Swap out carbonated drinks with water, milk or tea.
· Wait before brushing. Acid softens your enamel, so brushing immediately after eating or drinking high-acid foods or drinks can actually cause damage. Wait at least half an hour and then start brushing. In the meantime, you can always rinse your mouth with tap water.
· Quit smoking. Studies have showed that smokers are more prone to acidity leading to acid reflux and teeth erosion
· Professional help. See your dentist twice a year for dental cleaning and oral screening.
· Sugar free gums. Chewing on sugar free gums increase the saliva flow which, neutralise the acid and help the teeth to stay strong.
I am 22 year old male suffering from jaundice. Treatment is going on but conjugated bilirubin increased but non conjugated is under control. What should I do to control conjugated bilirubin in 7 days. Please help.
I cannot pull back the foreskin of my penis. Sometimes. Sometimes I find paper cuts on tip of the foreskin which causes irritation. I also find the foreskin gets completely dried up without moisture sometimes. Please help. Thanks.
Hello good morning sir. I am passing from cough and cold very badly, is there any home remedy or tablet?
Sir I have cyst in prostate. Doctor said there is no medicine for it. Is it dangerous. What are the remedies to cure it. I sometimes get pain in it. Is it cancerous.
Hello doctor I am nilesh panchal I am 25 year old male I am suffering from fever since last two days what should I do tell me please.
I have not sleep since 2 days, have a severe headache, I have tried many home remedies. What to do? please help me!
Annual health check up report shows that my blood pressure is 180/120, rest all reports are under normal, except protein outflow from urine. My parents had a Heart related issues. But I could not convinced regarding reason of this higher side of blood pressure. And what should I do?
I have cold n cough from last one month. Coughing is not going what ever I do. Sometimes I have chest pain also which goes within one or two minutes. What should I do?
My health is not a fit mujhe sardi or khasi cough wala rahta hai kon si dawa khau ki thik ho jayga aap mujhe bataey dava ka naam.
Sex prob. From 4 5 year testosterone label 450 I take some medicine name cernos cap Goldcal max Canberra 50 tab Modula tab Relief only 30% please give me advise.
Allergies can be identified when there are rashes, hives or anaphylactic attacks on the body making it easy to treat them easily. There are various types of allergies that can be mainly caused due to certain airborne particles like dust, pollen, certain types of allergies can occur due to opposite reaction to some types of food items. Another type of allergy can be skin?s reaction towards certain types of fragrances or metals.
1. People who have allergy to respiratory might get:
? Running nose or watery eyes
2. Food allergies result in :
? Skin Rashes
? Throat swelling
3. Contact allergies give:
? Itching inflammation
? Burning sensation
Some of the natural treatments to allergies as suggested are:
1. Carrot juice, Beetroot juice and Cucumber juice:
? Carrot juice ? 250 ml
? Beetroot juice ? 100 ml
? Cucumber juice ? 100 ml
Mix all the ingredients given above and drink it once daily in order to lessen the allergic reaction, additionally it is also said to soothen other existing allergies.
2. Lemon and Honey:
Lemon in general is known to remove toxins from the body due to its antibiotic and anti-allergic properties.
? 1 glass lukewarm water
? ½ lemon
? 1 tsp honey
Mix all the above given ingredients and has to be taken on empty stomach.
GH-14/1198, 1st Floor, Above Haryana Wala Sweets
Near Bhera Enclave, Paschim Vihar