Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R KanthaiahYour feedback matters!
I am 35 yr old female. Pl suggest good Anti wrinkle cream that control wrinkles and bring glow to skin.
I had a surgery for prolapse rectum one month before. Now I am facing tight motion problems, I want the solution for free motion. please.?
I have a small white scar in my neck from past a week after I went for hair cut. Is it infection or fungal growth or symptoms for any other disease.
Melanoma, also referred to as malignant melanoma, is a type of cancer. It evolves from the color or pigment containing cells known as melanocytes. Melanomas normally happen in the skin, yet may once in a while it may happen in the mouth, guts, or eyes as well. In women, it generally happens in the legs, while in men they are most regularly on the back. Sometime a mole may also raise your concern by increasing in size, developing abnormal edges, a change of color or itching and irritability. This may also prompt breakdown of the skin.
Some general facts on melanoma are mentioned below:
1. More than one million new instances of skin cancer or melanoma are analyzed every year.
2. There has been a 2000% increase in rate of melanoma since the year 1930. One out of fifty get affected by this cancer.
3. This is common in young women and causes many deaths.
4. Women below the age of forty are at more risk of getting melanoma than any other kind of cancer such as breast cancer.
5. There has been a high rise in the rate of melanoma from 1970 to 2008. There has been an 800% increase in young women and 400% increase in case of similar aged men.
6. Early recognition makes melanoma treatable. It is screened for growth very minimally.
Melanomia may be caused primarily due to these causes:
- The most primary cause of melanoma is ultraviolet light (UV) in people with a low level of skin pigment. The UV light might be from either the sun or from different sources, for example, tanning devices. Around 25% of cases occur from or in the form of moles.
- Those with numerous moles, presence of the disease in family members and who have poor immunity are at more noteworthy risk to get melanoma. Various uncommon hereditary defects, such as xeroderma pigmentosum increase the risk of melanoma.
- The individuals who work on airplanes seem to have an expanded danger, due to more contact with UV rays.
- Ultraviolet UVB light of wavelengths between 315 - 280 nm from the sun react with the skin cell DNA and result in a kind of direct DNA harm called cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPDs).
In order to stay away or avoid melanoma, you should:
- Spend less time in direct sunlight and should seek shade.
- Avoid the sun at peak hours.
- Examine your skin at times for some kind of change.
- Keep away from tanning salons.
Melanoma is a dangerous form of cancer and causes a lot of deaths. You should stay away from anything that causes melanoma.
I am 62 years Male suffering from Prostate Enlargement for the last 4 years. Now I am planning to go for TURP which is suggested by Urologist. Now I understand that Laser surgery for this is available which is painless and bloodless where recovery is reported to be very fast unlike conventional surgery. Please inform me which is best type of surgery ie. Either conventional or laser surgery.(weight of the gland is 140 gms.
Can you please suggest me. Hw I remove my dark circles. Some marks in my face. Hw I removed ol these marks.
My skin is dry and pimples are their and am becoming dark can you suggest me any creams for pimples, dark spots thank you.
I wear spectacles because of them my eyes now look very small and dark. any help that can help them to look normal?
My scab peeled off but I still have a little bit of black spots on it. Will it go when I get new skin?
19 M suffering with severe Whiteheads on face can I get any home remedies? I had uses Brevoxyl but no result. Thank you.
Im male 22. I need some skin whitening ayurvedic soaps. Can you please suggest me some ayurvedic soaps for skin whitening.
I am suffering from melasma on both cheeks and black spots due to pimples so pls suggest me some cream to cure melasma and black spots. I shall be thankful to you.
Sir, I have an road accident in which I have an black spot on my face. What should I do fir removing this scare?
I am 23 years old and I have an viral infection problem on the left thigh. Symptoms are it is red in color like pimples, very itching and and it is spreading. Now I am using" Lobate gm" ointment, when I am using ointment, it is controlling otherwise it is growing. Please let me know which ointment to use and please send your valuable answer to solve my problem.
If you have sensitive skin, you should use cleansers, toners, makeup and moisturizers which are fragrance-free and hypoallergenic.