Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R Kanthaiah
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R KanthaiahYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am diabetic patient with thyroid, gastric, cholesterol since 10 years, and prostrate problem diagnosed yesterday taking medicine metformin, thyronorm, pantoprazole, voglibose, astrovatin and aspirin capsule. Still I am not feeling well, sometimes my gastric problems becomes so extreme that I have to be admitted in hospital, it happens every two or three months though I do use boiled food, green vegetables, have morning walk and exercise daily still I am not fine. Please suggest me treatment or something that works.
Papular urticaria is a very common reaction to insect bites. It is more commonly seen in youngsters than in grown-ups. Spots with itchy red bumps of 0.2 to 2 cm in width may appear every few days during the summer or autumn months. In some cases, each spot builds up a blister that usually contains liquid.
Despite the fact that the general frequency rate is unknown, papular urticaria has a tendency to occur during spring and summer months. Common symptoms of urticaria can differ from person to person, and as a rule, they tend to create blood red, raised spots on the pores and skin. It creates a bothersome skin sensitivity that may include tiny bumps. Here are a few ways through which you can treat the disease:
- Antihistamine: Take an antihistamine solution to lessen the tingling sensation and swelling. Antihistamines that could help in frosty hives are claritin, zyrtec, cyproheptadine, doxepin, ketotifen.
- Herbal teas: Herbal teas are additionally very effective in treating papular urticaria. The best home-grown teas to take are parsley or peppermint. These home-grown cures can mitigate the irritation and redness from the skin disease.
- Peppermint oil: Peppermint oil is best taken orally, as it gives quick relief from papular urticaria.
- Staying away from certain foods: Staying from foods that could trigger the disease is important. It is essential that you know about the kinds of foods that could trigger the skin condition. Make a note of the ones you doubt and which ones are causing discomfort to your skin. Also, you can go through 31 food allergy tests to know which ingredients you are allergic to.
- Table salt and water: Simply blend table salt with water and drink the mix. This could reduce the skin issue and give it some relief.
- Hot and cold packs: Hot and cold packs can help in treating papular urticaria if you apply it on a daily basis to the influenced areas of your skin. Ensure that you use clean towels. It would be better in case you can wash up to lighten the irritation and uneasiness brought on by the skin problem.
- Water with turmeric powder: Another simple and straightforward home remedy is mixing water with turmeric powder. Drink a glass of this solution once every day until the side effects begin to vanish.
- Essential oils: One of the most famous and successful oils to treat this skin issue is chamomile. Apply the oil to the affected skin range and the irritation and redness of your skin will be at ease.
- Topical steroids: Topical steroids in the form of a cream is a prescribed treatment that is instantly beneficial for the influenced skin and when the lesions tend to develop.
- Topical soothing agent: Calamine salves and other topical calming lotions are useful in diminishing the irritation.
I am 22 years old girl, I had an injury near my left breast 4 years back. But now I feel pain in that area I have painkillers bt no relief I get. I feel the pain while sleeping also. There is no mark but a very small lump I feel in my breast whenever I press that injured area. Please suggest me wht should I do or which specialist should I consult because nowadays m feeling the pain more frequently. Is there any tests required to detect the actual cause behind the pain? Please suggest me what should I do.
Every year summers take a toll on the skin. The excessive heat, sun rays, humidity, pollution are extremely harmful for the skin. The summer heat can wreak havoc on your skin leading to dark spots, pigmentation, wrinkles and tanning.
However just a few simple changes in your everyday skincare regimen can ensure that you have a soft and glowing skin in summer.
Here are a few tips which would help you in protecting your skin this summer.
During summer your body tends to lose a lot of moisture. So hydrating your skin is extremely important during summer seasons. Drinking lots of water will help to keep your skin soft and moisturised. Body lotions are also extremely useful in hydrating the skin. However the thick lotions which are used in winter are not suitable for summer seasons. They are sticky in nature and lead to a lot of discomfort. Fast absorbing lotions or serums are ideal for hydrating the skin in summer.
About 6 to 8 hours of sleep daily can work wonders in maintaining a soft glowing skin.
A good quality sunscreen protects your skin from harmful UV radiation. Choose a sunscreen with SPF 30 (at least) before you go out in the sun. Sunscreen should be applied in the morning, at least half hour before you go out in the sun. It is best to reapply it again in the afternoon.
Protect your eyes and lips:
People often tend to ignore their eyes and lips in summers. Protect your eyes with goggles or eye shades to avoid the harsh sun while going out. Lip balms with SPF 15 are extremely helpful in protecting the lips. They help to keep the lips soft and prevent chapping and pigmentation of the lips.
The hottest hours of the day are generally between 11 am to 4 pm. Avoid stepping out in the sun during these hours. This will help in protecting your skin from the harmful UV radiations. Face wash should always be used during summers. It helps in cleaning the clogged pores and exfoliating the skin. However harsh foaming face wash should be avoided during this season. Mild cleansing lotions provide an exfoliating effect and help in making the skin soft and supple.
Summers in India are quite harsh and lead to a lot of skin problems. However a minimal basic skin care will go a long way in ensuring that we have a soft and glowing skin this summer.