Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. R.KannanYour feedback matters!
I have a problem to pass urine in some and also stomach problem. I had take various treatment like, homeopathic, ayurvedic, and also elopathic but nothing is done suggest some way sir.
I am 51 years old male suffering from acidity and heart burn cum heavyGasrtic trouble before food and after food for the past 40 days am pure vegetarian and no drinking.
Mujhe do din se liver m problem ho rhi h.vomiting sa feel ho rha h. Maine doctor ko dekhiyea to unhune medicines di kuch. Bt result is not gud. please tell me what should I do. Mai tea peta hu daily 3_4 tym. Uski bjha se to ni ho rha kya. Plzz reply fast. I am waiting.
Hpylori ki kit 9 din lene k bad pet m gas or dard hai 1 mahina ho gaya. Iska asar kab tak rahta hai. Kitne din main normal ho jata hai.
I have a problem in gas. Everything what I eat becomes sour and my mouth also becomes sour. I cant eat so much. Anything I eat becomes sour and a pain arise in throat from chest. I went to vellore CMC. But nothing changed.
Daily in the morning after passing stool I feel acute burning at my anus. Which last for half and hour. No piles found. No stomach infection. I don't take tea coffee and spicy food aswl. I have gastric acid problem for which I daily take antacid now kindly tell the reason for the burning like acid. Due to this sometimes I not able to sit comfortably. This problem was once in a month before but now it is daily burning.
I am 42 years male. Last year (in nov) usg diagnosed a hypoechoic lesion in liver measuring a19?12 mm which as increased in size to a28?13mm as revised on april 30, 2015. Lft is normal. My problem is that since 6 months my muscles are aching and I getting weaker day by day. No medication at present. Doctors could not diagnose the problem. Please guide me.
Appendicitis is a chronic or acute medical condition where the appendix gets inflamed and causes severe pain. If left untreated, the condition can prove to be fatal. The appendix is a small tube shaped sac at the end of the large intestine. In humans, it is typically not known to have any functional value although some studies suggest that it helps digestion by creating a conducive environment for friendly bacteria. Surgical removal of the appendix is suggested as the most common treatment for the ailment.
One of the key causes of appendicitis is believed to be the partial or complete obstruction at the mouth of the appendix. The common causes of obstruction include accumulation of fecal matter, worms, enlarged lymphoid follicles, trauma or tumors. It is also possible that an infection in the stomach could have extended into the appendix.
Appendix is commonly detected because of its progressive worsening pain in the stomach which narrows down to the lower right side of the abdomen is called Mc Burney point. Half of the patients though do not have this typical symptom and instead come in with a complaint of gastroenteritis, urinary tract infection or even a kidney stone. Further blood tests, urine tests and MRIs or ultrasounds are used to pinpoint the area causing the pain.
In most cases of advance appendix, a surgical intervention is necessary. The type of surgery will vary on a case to case basis.
Homeopathy can be tried in early stages and is especially useful to treat chronic and recurrent cases. It works with the principle of 'like cures like', which means that the elements that cause the problem are a key to its solution too. It employs a holistic healing methodology getting rid of the signs and symptoms and restoring complete health. While other treatments focus on curing the 'problem', homeopathy also deals with the basic reason of the problem and the individual's susceptibility to it. Here are some of the remedies:
- Arsenicum album: This is used when the appendicitis has resulted in sepsis and the patient also suffers from diarrhea.
- Belladonna: This is an early stage remedy for cases where appendicitis is accompanied by headache, fever
- Bryonia alba: This is an effective remedy when the pain aggravates with movement.
- Colocynthis: This is a recommended remedy when the patient experiences spasmodic or entwining pain, which worsens with indigestion. Applying warm pressure over the area helps in such cases
- Rhus Tox: This remedy is also called the 'homeopathic knife' to treat appendicitis. It is used when the pain is constant and the patient is never free from pain.
To customize the selection of the remedies according to your specific symptoms, it is best to consult with a practitioner.
I have a pancreatitis its two ducts that have no joints from birth disease name is chronic pancreatitis. I ask if operation of pancreas is successful or not. If operation is successful then duct has also leakage after some time. Therewas no benefit of operation. How to cure pancreas and safe.
I am suffering from gastric problem. I taken lots of omez, pantoprazole, rabai D. But not get solution, Dr. told me for sonography then I done donograpy. My sonography report is normal. But still I have a gastric problem.
I'm having pain left groin region and back but my USG was normal I'm having this pain from one year I feel like something is stuck down there I'm not able to pass stool properly too much gas pain is becoming more day by day I feel nauseated also but nothing is being detect in my body but I'm facing problem in walking as it pain more what test I should take for this is MRI helpful in this situation reason and causes for this pain.
I'm having too much gas whatever I eat I feel too much gas in stomach and also feel burning sensation after food I don't know why this is happening tell me what to do to cure this situation.
I have liver chirosis and asities my meld score is 15. What are the options available in Ayurveda, unani, Homeopathy or any other alternative medicine. Mean while what kind of diet should I follow.
My mom has gastroduodenitis. Her left part of stomach is paining from 4 months. And it is still paining after treatment. What to do?
You only have one heart, and it works for 24 hrs a day. It never sleeps, so you have to treat it right if you want to keep it pumping for years to come. For a healthy heart, you have to boost nutrition, flavor and color in your meals and snacks. A variety of fruits and vegetables are good for your heart. Always try to eat foods that are in their natural form, as they come from the ground.
Find out how these 10 foods may help lower your risk of heart disease.
1) Fresh Herbs like oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme are full of antioxidants. They are full of flavor and use them liberally to replace extra salt, oil and sugar in your food.
2) Red Wine: before you read on, a caution is that too much alcohol actually is bad for your heart. Sipping a unit of red wine a day may be good by giving you two very powerful antioxidants in restorative and catechist. These can help you to increase your HDL cholesterol while lowering your risk of damage to arterial walls and subsequent clot formation. However, alcohol may be a problem when you are already on aspirin or other medications. Check with your doctor first if you have had a history of heart disease.
3) Salmon: The american heart association calls it a super food and recommends at least two servings of salmon in a week. You can have it baked in a foil with herbs or add with veggies in your salad. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and helps to correct rhythm disorders of the heart and reduce triglycerides and blood pressure. These properties also hold good for tuna fish and one must choose canned tuna in water or brine instead of oil.
4) Extra Virgin Olive Oil: though any kind of extra oil is bad for your heart, if you need to take in some oil, then extra virgin olive oil has a lot of heart saving properties. Only one should not use it for frying or over heating the veggies. It is good when tossed over salads or used sparingly over boiled or cooked vegetables.
5) Walnuts: a handful of walnuts, say 50 grams a day are full of antioxidants and fiber. They reduce inflammation of the arteries and reduce cholesterol. However, they also have high calorie content so one must be careful about the quantities consumed.
6) Almonds: Almonds are full of plant sterols and reduce the blood ldl and are good for diabetics. One must eat them raw for full benefits as cooking or roasting them may kill some of their beneficial properties.
7) Tofu is a high source of soy protein and can be added to soups or marinated or sauteed with vegetables for its goodness. It has a lot of heart healthy minerals and polyunsaturated fats.
8) Sweet potato is a good substitute for white potatoes especially useful for people with diabetes and heart disease. It has a low glycemic index and prevents sharp rise in blood sugar after meals. One can bake it and sprinkle with cinnamon and lime juice to make it super effective.
9) Oranges have potassium and antioxidants to lower the blood pressure and improve the vessel wall function.
10) Carrots are full of fiber and are one of the top heart saving foods by controlling cholesterol. Add them liberally in your salad or munch them raw for their power packed action.