Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. R. K. ShashankYour feedback matters!
I have no blood pressure problem but doctor prescribed me lona salt but it is not available in market so what should I do.
I think my heart beet more faster than as usual do earlier what I should do. Is their any problem regarding this.
I have developed a mild pain in chest region since a week. I smoke about 7 to 8 cigarettes a day since 2 years. So I am thinking of quitting smoking. The region where I experience pain is slightly left towards heart from the middle of the chest (region where the warning signs are printed on cigarette pack. I wanted to know whether I should undergo any tests or is it recovery when I quit smoking?
Today morning suddenly my chest is very pain and it continuing full day and also now. What is the reason and how to improve it?
I am suffering from dry cough for last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what oi should done?
I am 30 years old. I am suffering from high bp from last few days. Yesterday it was 100/160. What should I do to get this to normal range?
Hi sir my age is 22 I have no bp but I am feeling miss beat in my heart while lying and doing some physical activity is that really tab Abana help to control miss beat I taken all test but there is nothing wrong in my heart could you please help me with this?
Why homeopathy is good to control your high blood pressure
According to statistics put forward by the world health organization, high blood pressure affects about 600 million people all over the world and causes about 5 million premature deaths every year.
High blood pressure, also known as hypertension, is many times called the silent killer as it doesn't reveal any visible damage. But it does cause significant damage to the heart, brain, eyes and kidneys.
What are the causes of hypertension?
Certain factors cause your arteries to have consistently high levels of blood pressure and based on these factors your hypertension gets classified into the following:
- Primary hypertension: if the condition doesn't have an identifiable cause, it is known as primary hypertension. This form of high blood pressure develops slowly but surely over many years.
- Secondary hypertension: this type of hypertension is characterized by identifiable causes that can be corrected with treatment. About 5-10% of cases in the world are secondary in nature. It is usually caused by an underlying problem and tends to appear all of a sudden.
Factors that fall under it are:
- kidney problems
- sleep apnea
- thyroid problems
- adrenal gland problems
- alcohol abuse
Role of homeopathy in treating high blood pressure
Apart from conventional forms of medicine, homeopathy is also considered to be an effective treatment of high blood pressure. The treatment is tailor-made to your needs as it takes into consideration your external and internal environments. This is because the experiences that you may have and the characteristics of the disease that you display are not the same as the other affected person. It works by viewing your disease as a disturbance that affects your entire body and not just a specific body part.
It not only cures blood pressure but also the reason for high blood pressure so that it does not increase again when your mind or body faces stress.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Related Tip: Why It's Ideal to Treat Insomnia With Homeopathy
My mother has a sharp pain in her veins of leg from knee to foot fingers for last one year. We examine her sugar, thyroid, etc. All reports are normal. Now she is not able to stand also. Can you suggest any thing? Please!
My son is 32 years old and doing job in corporate sector.Their nature of job is fraught with lot of anxiety. On 18 .03 2015 he measured his BP which showed 130/80 in morning 9 o,clock.There after at 12 noon the physician measured it and told that it is 150/90. I understand high BP at this age is very very damaging.Please advise how to control the BP without resorting to medication.Please note that his cholesterol level is 218.
She has started problem of chocking in neck while eating n Laughing a lot, plus after too much of Laughing she experience low blood pressure in her lower body legs. As if we say in Hindi "Numbness n jhanjhanahat" She has gained a lot of weight in upper half body in last 2-3 years so. Neck is also kind of swollen. Just concerned. Hope all the symptoms doesn't indicate something serious.
I am taking tablets daily the following as described below. 1. Concor 5 - 1 no + ecosprin 75 - for morning 2. Rosuvas 20 - 1 no - during night. Both are after food. I had undergone anagiogram. My cholestral lvels were too high. Now it has brought down to considerably low. Cant the above tablets are not stopped at one point of time. My doctor advised me till death this tablets must have to be continued. I am continuing my walking daily + yoga etc. Kindly advice me in this regard.
High cholesterol has become a very common phrase nowadays. With excessive consumption of fast foods and sugar, lifestyle disorders such as diabetes and high cholesterol have become very common. In order to know what high cholesterol is, you should first know about cholesterol.
Cholesterol is a type of fat present in the body which is needed for regulating hormones in the body. It also plays an important role in Vitamin D production. Though you get cholesterol from food, the body has its own supply of cholesterol as well. Excessive cholesterol in the body can lead to cholesterol build up in your arteries, resulting in blood circulation problems. The arteries tend to narrow down, not allowing the blood to flow properly. High cholesterol levels are linked to heart problems and strokes.
Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine, the treatments of which are based on natural ingredients. It is very effective and free from side effects, unlike conventional methods of treatment. Ayurvedic remedies for high cholesterol levels in the body aim to bring down the cholesterol level and improve your overall wellbeing.
The Ayurvedic tips to lower cholesterol levels are:
- Eat healthy: Diet plays an important role in maintaining healthy cholesterol levels, so eating healthy is of paramount importance. Include plenty of vegetables and fruits in your diet to get the required amount of Vitamins and minerals in order to keep your body healthy. Avoid refined grains as they spike your blood sugar levels. Instead opt for whole grains such as brown rice.
- Eat healthy fats: Eat healthy fats such as unsaturated fats present in foods such as almonds and olive oil. Keep saturated and trans-fats at bay as they increase cholesterol levels in the body.
- Exercise regularly: Regular exercise keeps your weight levels optimal and also brings down your cholesterol levels. Simple cardiovascular exercises such as running and swimming can be done on a regular basis.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking causes your blood vessels to constrict, thus hampering the flow of blood. In addition to accumulation of plaque, this can further hamper blood flow.
- Maintain optimal weight levels: Following healthy eating habits along with regular exercise will allow you to maintain optimal weight levels. So if your weight is on the higher side, then re-evaluate your eating habits and make the necessary changes.