Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R.K.SeshankYour feedback matters!
Hello. I am Male when am going to motion. It's bleeding, from one week. I did not consult any doctor still. Is there any precautions.
Skin irritants are everywhere. Even in your house, there is practically no place where there are no skin irritants. Laundry detergents, air fresheners and floor polishes are just a few factors that cause skin itching. The reason why this happens is because products like air fresheners and floor polishes take away essential oils and water from the skin which leads to dryness and irritation.
This type of dry, itchy skin can also progress to skin conditions like eczema. Here are some ways you can stop your skin from becoming dry and itchy:
- Wear gloves: The ideal thing to do would be to wear soft, thin cotton gloves and wear rubber gloves on top of that. Do not touch a bucket or sponge without it. If you cannot wear soft, thin cotton gloves underneath, at least wear the rubber gloves as this protects your hands from irritants.
- Take a shower after swimming: Chlorine is one of the principal causes of itchiness in your skin. It is absolutely essential that once you have finished swimming you take a shower with water and a little soap. Even more importantly, use a moisturizer with glycerin in it, as this will keep the moisture trapped inside. Glycerin is particularly good at holding on to moisture.
- Petroleum jelly: Petroleum jelly has been proven to reduce the chance of dry, itchy skin because it contains only one ingredient. This one ingredient formula is especially great when it is applied to sensitive skin. The reason why one ingredient is better than a moisturizer with many chemicals is because a one ingredient formula is gentler and therefore creates a protective barrier against irritants.
- Oatmeal bath: For this kind of treatment, grind oatmeal in a blender and then sprinkle it in your bath water. Oatmeal has an anti-inflammatory substance known as Avenanthramide, which decreases itching and redness of the skin.
- Cleanliness: This is perhaps the most important tip, which can be given. If you do not regularly clean your floors or wash your bed sheets in hot water than you are at a high risk of getting mites and these are one of the most common irritants of your skin.
Laser hair removal is a medical procedure that uses a laser, which is an intense, pulsating beam of light to remove unwanted hair. During laser hair removal, a laser beam passes through the skin to an individual hair follicle. The intense heat of the laser damages the hair follicle, inhibiting future hair growth. Although laser hair removal slows hair growth, it does not guarantee permanent hair removal. It takes multiple laser hair removal treatments to provide hair-free skin. Laser surgery for facial hair removal helps your skin look younger and healthier by treating aging, acne, and blotches, scars, wrinkles, lines or excess hair on the face.
This surgery comes with its own share of benefits, which are:
- First of all, laser hair removal is precise. The laser only targets the pigmented area of the skin on your face, such as the hair follicle. This is why only the hair follicle is burned and not the skin surrounding the area, making it a safe procedure.
- Laser hair removal is most effective on the hairs in the early part of the hair growing stage. A concentrated beam of light is aimed at the hair follicle. The laser then converts its energy into heat and heats up the hair follicle preventing it from growing any further.
- Laser hair removal removes unwanted hair from your face at the speed of light. The laser is designed to treat several hairs in a large surface area, all at the same time. There is no downtime after the service and no sticky residue left behind.
- The pain factor varies from person to person because every person has a different level of pain tolerance. Laser surgery is described as feeling like a gentle pinch or like the snap of a warm rubber band.
- Laser hair removal has many benefits that make it a viable option for many people to permanently deal with unwanted hair. You can ask many questions during your consultation to make sure you fully understand the procedure they use and how they deal with the treatment of pain.
Even though laser hair removal surgery on the face is largely safe, there are certain very minor side effects that are associated with it that you need to keep in mind before opting for it. The risks involved with laser surgery occur very rarely including a change in skin tone, burns, and blistering. If performed correctly by a trained professional with a lot of experience, laser surgery for hair removal is very safe. You may have slight redness or local swelling on the treatment area of your face that typically resolves within several hours. Limiting your exposure to the sun before and after treatment can minimize the risk of complications.
Causes and treatment for Hyperpigmentation and Melasma
I can't gain fat and there are white spots on my face, which looks ugly. What Should I do to gain fat & remove spots?
I am having urge to defecate virtually after every meal+there is itching inside the anus and also outside. Please suggest the possible reasons and medicine So. Thanks.
Im a dark skinned girl I hav good features and personality. Bt still I only want to become one shade fairer from my skin thats all you can say light brown or brown. Can you tell me any thing in natural way to gain permanent results. Or for which type if surgery or treatment shud I go for that? please do reply the cost also.
Use a gentle facial cleanser twice a day. Most dermatologists agree that cleansing the skin is the best way to reduce oil. Make sure to use a gentle, pH balanced cleanser rather than regular soap. Most soaps are highly alkaline and strip the natural acid mantle from the skin leaving it vulnerable to bacteria.
• Products containing benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, or beta-hydroxy acid are often considered best. These are slightly acidic, however, so start off with only a small amount to make sure your skin doesn't have an adverse reaction.
• When washing your face, make sure you use warm water, not hot. Hot water can further irritate the skin.
• Use a toner free of alcohol or acetone. Place a few drops on a clean, natural cotton pad and wipe it gently over the affected area. Toners can be harsh on skin, so dermatologists often recommend only using them on oily parts of your face rather than the whole face.
Moisturize your skin. While it may seem counterproductive, oil and moisture are two different things. Even oily skin can be dehydrated and requires moisturizer to stay healthy. Make sure to use a light, oil-free moisturizer.
Use blotting papers. This is a quick, effective solution to soak up excess oil. They won't cut down on your skin's oil production though, so this treatment should be paired with a cleansing regimen for the best results.
• Make sure you don't rub your skin with blotting papers. This can spread dirt and cause irritation. Instead, just gently press the paper down on your skin and hold it there for 15 to 20 seconds.
Use a clay mask. Masks help draw out dirt and oil, keeping pores clean. These products can also dry out the skin, however, so make sure you don't overuse them. Once a week should be the maximum usage.
Apply an oil-free, mineral powder makeup base for the daytime. Use powder blush rather than cream blush and powder eye shadows rather than cream eye shadows. A dusting of a translucent powder can be applied two or three times during the day after blotting the face with a tissue to remove any excess oil.
From 2 months I am facing skin problem in lower legs like red rashes and ulcer kind of thing but taken medicines done many tests but not getting cure please help me madam doctor told me HSP disease. Read more.
It is human nature to want to look good and feel good. A young, smiling face that greets you in the mirror can be one of the happiest moments on a given day. However, it is not always the case. With age, the image that looks back leaves a lot to be desired. The wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, tanning spots, etc. seem to take away a lot of the beauty. However, with these concerns growing, the cosmetic industry has found out ways to mask these and keep that face in the mirror young and happy.
While earlier only celebrities could afford such treatments, now more and more people have access to simple but effective techniques to keep their youthful looks intact.
What is Botox?
It is a control use of a toxin to get desired paralysis the muscle according to three individual patient. In even extremely minor amounts, this toxin can relaxes muscles and this property of it is used to treat facial wrinkles and fine lines. This was accidentally discovered but is now one of the most widely used techniques in cosmetic surgery.
How does it work?
The nerves send messages to the muscles to contract or relax through neurotransmitters. Acetylcholine is one such neurotransmitter and sends signals to the skin from the nerves. Botox acts by preventing the release of this chemical. The result is that the muscle does not receive a signal to contract. The end result is reduced wrinkles and fine lines.
Uses: The forehead and corners of the eyes are the most common areas that are treated with Botox. The wrinkles are often lost and the skin looks younger and firmer. In addition, Botox is also medically approved for use in the following conditions.
- Blepharospasm (spasm of the eyelids)
- Lazy eye (strabismus)
- Chronic migraine and headaches
- Chronic spasms in the neck
- Overactive bladder (resulting in frequent urination)
- Spasticity resulting from stroke
- Excessive sweating
- Esophageal motility disorders
- Urinary incontinence
- Bruxism (tooth grinding)
- Crow’s feet (outer corner of the eyes)
With Botox gaining popularity, this list of indications is only set to get longer.
Precautions: This is a highly potent toxin and about 2 kg is sufficient to wipe out the entire human race. Therefore, it is very important to use this under the hands of a trained, experienced professional.
- Mild pain or redness at the injection site
- Temporary numbness
- Allergic reaction to toxin (very rare)
These are very transient and disappear over a couple of days’ time, revealing the real benefits of Botox. Set realistic expectations with your surgeon and be ready to look at a younger, happier you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic surgeon.
I suffer from occasional acne breakout near t-zone. Skin appears very dry and wrinkled near corner of lip and nose area. Is it okay to use olay antiageing cream now.
Cholesterol pockets or Xanthelasma are yellow patches of cholesterol that form in the inner portion of the eyelids. These patches are not harmful; however, they can be a source of cosmetic concern. This condition can be indicative of an underlying heart disease.
Who are the most vulnerable to this disease?
Xanthelasma is a very rare condition that only affects people who have high blood cholesterol levels. However, this condition has been seen to develop even if one’s cholesterol levels are found to be normal. Usually, people in their middle age are the most susceptible to this condition. Xanthelasma affects women more as compared to men.
High blood cholesterol level is the primary cause for this disorder. One might be prone to this disorder if the percentage of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the body is on the higher side. Another liver disorder known as ‘biliary cirrhosis’, is also known to increase blood cholesterol levels. Generally, Asians are the most vulnerable to this disease.
Derma Treatments for Xanthelasma-
As these patches do not disappear on their own, they need to be given medical attention. Usually, it’s the cosmetic concern that urges one to go for the treatment. The various treatment options for this disorder are:
Surgical removal of the cholesterol pockets.
These pockets can also be removed with a laser.
Certain medications such as trichloroacetic acid can be used to dissolve these patches.
Cryosurgery, a procedure whereby the cholesterol pockets are exposed to freezing temperatures, is also another treatment option.
Electrodessication is a surgical procedure to get rid of the cholesterol pockets. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.