Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. R.Brothensius PeterYour feedback matters!
My aunt had hernia surgery long back. But she is still having pain in stomach sometimes. Also will yoga help after hernia surgery? She has hypo thyroid as well.
Iam 30 year old female and I have been suffering with carpal tunnel syndrome since 5 months. Iam using medicine which is suggested by neurologist but still iam having pain in my wrist and in three fingers. Is this paralysis simtom r what. please reply me with a good suggestion. Thanking you sir.
I am 31 year old male. I have pain in my joints and ankle, there is calcium deposition comes in x ray and my uric acid is 8.1. Kindly suggest what I have to take medicines?
I feel pain in my heel in the morning sometimes n sometimes pains much while walking or standing. The pain goes away with time. Pls suggest me the reason n cure. I am 34 years male.
My Age-35 and am a male suffering with pain in lower half of the body from thighs to toe while sleeping in night.
I am 24 years old male. I have pain my leg last 3 months. Walking time very pain. Please tell me some solution.
I'm 34 years old. When ever I stand for an hour or do a standing work for the same time I feel pain in my legs and back.
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing.