Minor Ot Service Procedures
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for GREENLIFEYour feedback matters!
Tendinitis is a discomfort of the tendon. It results in pain outside the joint. There are many tendons in the body, but this condition is mainly witnessed in wrists, heels, shoulders and elbows. Some frequently used names for different kinds of tendinitis includes pitcher’s shoulder, tennis elbow, jumper’s knee, golfer’s elbow and swimmer’s shoulder.
Symptoms of tendinitis:
Symptoms of tendinitis are witnessed at the point of contact between bone and the muscle. Some of the visible signs of tendinitis are tenderness, swelling and a dull ache while moving the affected joint. Even constant pain can be felt in some cases.
What are the causes of tendinitis?
Tendinitis is frequently observed among sportsmen and athletes. If a job involves repetitive motion of a particular joint, the stress on the tendons can result in tendinitis. It is therefore very important for sportsmen to use the right technique in order to refrain from tendon related problems. Sudden accidents can also result in an injury to the tendon.
Risk factor of tendinitis:
Risk factors for this condition include job, occupation, and sports. As a person gets older, tendons tend to lose their flexibility which can lead to an injury of the tendon. If the job of a person involves frequent reaching of the overhead, vibration, repetitive motion and forceful exertion, he might face an injury to the tendon resulting in tendinitis. Last but not the least, tendinitis is very common among players who are involved in sports such as basketball, tennis, golf, baseball, running , cricket and bowling.
What are the complications involved?
Tendinitis can aggravate to tendon rupture of proper treatment is not done on time. Tendon rupture needs a surgical procedure to fix. If tendon pain lasts for few weeks at stretch, there is a good chance that the condition has turned into tendinitis.
Diagnosis of tendinitis can be done with the physical exam itself. A doctor might want to look at an X-ray scan to negate other condition that might be causing the pain.
Treatment includes the prescription of pain relievers, such as ibuprofen and aspirin. Tropical creams can also be prescribed to relieve the pain. Doctors often suggest corticosteroids be injected along the tendon in order to relieve tendinitis. If the condition is not very serious, a doctor might suggest specific exercise such as eccentric strengthening to fix the condition.
If the condition is severe, the doctor might want to go for a surgical procedure to fix tendinitis. Especially in conditions where there is a tear in the tendon and the bone. Another invasive technique to treat tendinitis is the focused aspiration of scar tissue. This procedure is performed under anesthesia thereby causing less pain to the patient.
I am having cervical pain in my neck nd ligament pain in my left shoulder I have done the physiotherapy bt I am not getting any better result so can you tell me what should I do. If you say than I can mail you my all the reports.
I have pain in my left leg from last 2 months so I have done MRI and disc level between L4 and L5 is 8.7 so what precautions I do? It will become normal?
Pain in two or more joints in the body is known as multiple joint pain. Pain may occur either when a joint moves or when it is at rest. Sometimes, the pain might stem from the muscles, ligaments, or tendons. Examples of such conditions include tendinitis and bursitis.
Arthritis may be associated with the pelvis or spine joints. Different disorders affect different joints and the causes and treatment options vary accordingly. There are some disorders which affect the same joint on both the sides of the body, such as both hands and the knees. In certain disorders, the pain resulting from arthritis keeps on moving from one joint to another (migratory arthritis).
Most of the time, the root cause is arthritis. However, the reasons which cause arthritis are different from each other, in the way:
The types of joints involved.
The number of joints involved.
Whether the central area of the skeleton is involved or not.
Whether it is chronic arthritis (longstanding) or acute arthritis (sudden).
Acute arthritis which affects multiple joints can be due to:
Chronic arthritis causing pain in multiple joints is most commonly due to:
The most common joint disorders are:
Fibromyalgia (widespread tenderness and pain in the muscles)
Bursitis (inflammation of the joint cushions) or tendinitis (inflammation of the tissues which connect the bone to the muscle)
Polymyalgia rheumatica (stiffness and muscle pain, primarily in the shoulders)
Warning Signs Include:
Swelling and redness of the joints.
Fever, chills or sweat.
Drugs and medications are needed to treat autoimmune disorders. The autoimmune response of the immune system is suppressed with the help of these drugs. These medications include immunosuppressive medications, pain relievers and anti-inflammatory medicines.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) help in reducing inflammation.
A sling or splint bag immobilizes the joint, which relieves the pain.
The application of heat with a heating pad will lessen the pain to a great extent.
Cold application with ice cubes wrapped in a cloth will provide relief.
Consult an orthopaedic doctor to know you type of multiple joint pain and an accurate treatment for it.
Hi, my father is suffering from hernia below abdomen. symptoms are when he stands and walks some ball is expanded and when he lays or sleeps it is normal. During full health check up, doc said it is hernia, need suggestion - is it important to get operated? He is heart patient NO diabetes or BP problem.
I am felling pain and inflammatory condition in my sole approximately since 7 years.In my sole having Scirrhosity. I am consult with various doctors but they don't give me relief in pain. This pain was start whenever I am running in a playground when I am running there is a very heavy pain start in sole and today I am also suffering from pain whenever I move only 1 kilometre there is a huge pain start an inflammatory condition I am hopeless what I will do in a future I am just 21 years old what I can do please give me the suggestion what I can do? Thank you.
I have nerve pain in my shoulder and most time it extended to brain .I am having physiotherapy form 2 months.
Dr. While Playing Cricket I Have Injured My Heel .When I Am Put My Hell On The Ground .I Feel Pain Or When I Pressure It It Also Fell Pain. please Suggest What To Do Now To Remove Pain From My Heel. While Running I started This Pain.
I feel continuous pain in calf muscles since last few days. Specially when I go to bed. What may be reason for that and what test may be done? I got checked HB which is 15-16.
I am 25 year old and have been diagnosed with inguinal hernia. I wish to undergo laparoscopy surgery at affordable cost. What will be the total recovery time post surgery to get back to my daily work? Is the recovery period painful? I do not drink nor smoke.
I have shoulder and upper back pain. Doctor has recommended me 1.) Pantoprazole Tablet 2.) Myospaz Forte 3.) Systaflam Gel.
I am feeling excruciating pain in my right shoulder for the last few days. I also consulted with the local orthopaedic surgeon and he diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. Currently I am taking two medicines rolosol and neugaba. However both the drugs failed to reduce my pain, it is gradually increasing. As tomorrow is saturday no doctor will be available in our locality can you suggest me some medicine which will reduce the pain.
Hi, I am a 61 year old woman. However my heel has been paining for last several months when I walk. I am used to walking 5 kms per day but the heel pain has intensified. Could you suggest what I should do and if any tests are required.
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.
In Ayurveda, joint pain is known as 'Sandhigata Vata'. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint pains and other discomforts associated with it. Natural remedies and proper lifestyle techniques can be utilized to balance the 'vata' to lessen the occurrence and severity of joint pain. Factors including,old age, obesity, injury and strenuous physical activities (that require a lot of joint movements) are responsible for disturbing the balance of your 'vata'.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Massage therapy: Warm coconut, castor, mustard, olive or garlic oil can be utilized to massage the affected areas to lessen the intensity of pain. If you massage the affected joints with natural oils, it improves blood circulation and relaxes the swelling and stiffness in the region.
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Fenugreek: Ingest a teaspoon of ground fenugreek seeds and drink a glass of lukewarm water. Fenugreek has anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties that make it effective for joint pains.Follow this remedy every morning on a regular basis to achieve optimal results.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Apple cider vinegar: Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a little honey to a cup of lukewarm water. Drink this solution twice daily, before your meals. Apple cider vinegar has alkalizing effect, which makes it an effective remedy to remove the toxins that are responsible for causing joint pain.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.
Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I have been experiencing pain on my left leg for more than six month now. It started like a joint and rheumatic pain with arthritis, I treated all this but I noticed that it has resulted into serious vein pain on the same leg. I always feel serious vein pain on the said leg from my left buttock to the my ankle. Kindly advice on how to treat this ailment and prescribed drugs as I have started bending to the right to avoid pressure on the left leg and can't walk fast and afraid of paralysis.
Joint and muscle pain arises when excess pressure is exerted on a particular joint or due to the wear and tear of a particular muscle. This is one area where many people face chronic pain, with symptoms such as deformity of the joints, swelling, immobility of the joints and severe joint pain. There are a lot of topical as well as oral medicines for chronic pain within conventional medicine, but it may not always be effective for all types of patients.
Homeopathy has been known to provide effective cures for many types of muscle and joint related ailments.
Let's first look at the common causes for muscle and joint pain related problems:
- Sports related injuries
- Vehicular accidents such as a car or bike accidents
- Bad postures or habits
- Other underlying physical or medical conditions
So what are the ways in which homeopathy can cure certain conditions and alleviate pain in patients?
- Arthritis: One of the most common problems that many people report is that of arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, which causes a lot of pain in many people. In many cases, the use of Natrum Muriaticum and Bryonia has been known to allay the pain.
- Moving and shifting joint or muscle pains: Many patients have this problem where they face joint or muscle pain but instead of it being constant in one area, it moves around the body. Pulsatilla is known to effectively reduce the symptoms in these cases.
- Tennis elbow or tendon related problems: This is a common ailment, which in many cases is caused by strenuous activities, such as sports. Rhus tox has been known to be effective in such cases.
- Muscular conditions: There are many muscle-related conditions such as fibromyalgia and fibrositis among others have also been reduced after the usage of Rhus tox.
Homeopathic medicines like Medorrhinum, Ruta, Formica Rufa, Arnica, Symphytum and a few others are useful for treating such conditions, depending upon the exact symptoms and causes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.