Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PrethamYour feedback matters!
When it comes to treating low back pain, there is too much reliance on painkillers in the allopathic system of medicine. The effect of these is only temporary and lasts for a few hours. Once the effect wears off, you have to take another painkiller. Prolonged use of painkillers is known to cause detrimental effect on the kidneys.
Homeopathic treatment for low back pain
When it comes to the medicinal treatment, homeopathic medicines are very helpful. They not only treat the acute stages but are also very helpful in the chronic stage of back pain. It must be said here that homeopathy offers a much better alternative for the permanent cure for low back pain. The focus of the homeopath is not just to relieve the immediate pain but to also eliminate the root cause of the pain. That is precsely why the homeopath asks so many questions which may or may not seem related to your immediate problem. A common cause that is easily overlooked is the presence of stress in an individual. Mental stress can also contribute to low back pain and should be taken into account while taking the details of the patient. This is absolutely necessary if you want a lasting cure. In my practice, I have treated hundreds of cases of low back pain.
I am suffering from deficiency of vit-b and vit-d and spondylosis. Please suggest me proper veg food and some home remedies to be healthy. (my cholestrol level is 208 for 200 and am female aged 56) regards.
I am 25 years old female. Since 2 days I feeling very tired and feeling very week. I have got a pain in my right arm. And I feel very sleepy. What would be the problem.
I am a 23yr old male and have cracking and popping sound in knee for last 6months. What should I do? please suggest me. Some remedie.
Lower back pain is characterized by a constant feeling of pain in the lower back region. There are various Ayurvedic remedies that are used in treating lower back pain. Ayurveda is based on the belief that the body is composed of five elements; air, water, ether, fire and earth. The Ayurvedic remedies help in balancing the various constituents, thus reducing the pain.
The various Ayurvedic remedies for lower back pain are:
- Limit intake of spices: Various spices, especially the pungent ones, such as chilies tend to have a drying effect on the body. Excessive dryness in the body leads to an imbalance of the 'doshas', thus resulting in pain.
- Stay warm: It is recommended to stay warm in cold weather as the joints in the lower back region may be inflamed due to the cold.
- Focus on a proper Diet: Make sure the foods you consume are warm as cold foods can create imbalances in the body. Eating warm foods allows for proper excretion of bodily wastes. Also include natural foods such as vegetables and fruits in your diet.
- Avoid junk food: It is advised to avoid junk food at all costs; eating processed foods leads to toxin accumulation in the body that result in various complications. Thus, try and eat whole foods such as rice, nuts and legumes.
- Oil massage: Oiling your body with sesame oil helps in preventing dryness of the body and also enhances blood circulation. It also improves the health of the skin; making it young, supple and fresh.
- Exercise regularly: Exercise on a regular basis to keep your muscles and joints healthy. Postures such as the plank and the bridge help in strengthening various muscles of the lower back. The 'Cat cow' is another position that helps in relaxing the nerves of the back.
- Pranayama: Alternate nostril breathing techniques help in reducing aches in the body. It also revitalizes and increases energy levels in the body. Try and get into the habit of breathing from deep within the stomach in order to avail of the benefits of pranayama.