Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. PremanayagamYour feedback matters!
Cancer is probably the most dreaded disease of our time. There are many different types of cancers, based on the parts of the body affected. As the name suggest, bladder cancer originates in the bladder. It typically affects elderly people but can occur at any age. In most cases, bladder cancer is treatable as long as it is detected in the early stages. However, it has a high risk of recurrence and hence cancer surveillance is needed for many years after treatment.
There are a number of challenges associated with bladder cancer surveillance, such as:
- Anxiety: As expected, it can be quite nerve wrecking to be constantly tested for cancer and have to wait for the results of your tests. A cystoscopic examination is one of the main methods of testing for bladder cancer. Most patients show both pre-procedural and post-procedural anxiety. To deal with this anxiety and stress try meditating or practising yoga. Going for a walk regularly can also help ease the symptoms of anxiety and improve your overall health. Connect with other bladder cancer patients who can understand your experience and fears.
- Adherence: After the cancer has been cured, bladder cancer patients need to be tested at least once every 3-6 months for the first three years and annually thereafter. This frequency increases for Nonmuscle-invasive bladder cancer patients. Many patients prefer to use urine-based tests rather than a cystoscopic examination, but this may lead to more unwanted stress and anxiety and these tests do have false positive results at the time. Adhering to this schedule is often difficult and most patients do not strictly adhere to this schedule. However, this is completely in the hands of the patient. The more regularly you get yourself checked up, the higher the chances of detecting bladder cancer tumours in the initial stages and getting it treated.
- Related infections: Bladder cancer patients have a higher risk of developing tumors in the ureter and kidneys. Tumors may also develop in the inner lining of these organs. The risk of these tumors depends on the stage and grade of the initial disease and the response of the tumor to treatment. As with any other infection and health disorder, your food and water intake plays an important role in keeping toxins at bay. While there have been no proven supplements to help prevent bladder cancer, drink plenty of water to flush your system and keep it clean.
श्रीमान मेरा पेट बहुत खराब रहता है कुछ भी खता हु तो बार बार फ्रेश होने जाना पड़ता हे ।पूरा दिन कमजोरी रहती हे स्टेमिना भी बहुत कम हो गया हे
I was H. Pylori infection 5 years back and was treated. Now I get stomach infection quite often. Gas, fullness in stomach etc.
I eat dry fruit and pain in abdomen gas and bleeding with stool I am shocked and nervous about the matter so please let us help me. Thanks.
I was suffering with water in stomach and gas formed in body and knee joints pain what I have to do?
Hi I am 17 years old and I am suffering from gas trouble plzz suggest me some natural ways to fight it and get a nomal life like before and I am having rabi plus medicine.
Whenever I eat something my stomach getting full with gas and it's not going out anyway, what should I do?
Sir myself varun and my age is about 31 yrs. Sir, I have an regular acidity but I dont know why. I regularly go for medical check up. Also I do drink lots of water; eat as light as I can but the problem remains the same.
I am 45 year old Male, for sometime I going through professional rough time, I mean having tough time (as for sometime there is market recession), also some financial crunch (Money got stuck with business associates), cause of these two setbacks I am thinking a lot and not able to get it off my mind, may be I am thinking a lot cause of that I often get tightness in my stomach and incase I get up in the middle of the night then sleeping again becomes problem, I keep thinking and thinking that something will happen to me, my stomach often stays upset gas gets trapped and then more tension, I have noticed that when this gas gets released I intact gets relief, now I don't know it's this problem is cause of tension I am taking or because of stomach upset. Please help me to overcome this problem. Regards.
Sir I am suffering from indigestion with stomach pain, more gastritis and unexplained weight loss with repeated typhoid fever. Unable to sleep properly recently endoscopic test showed h pylori positive with erosive gastritis.
I am 35 years of age. Whenever I eat food which has used green chillies in it I feel burning sensation in my stomach. Also I have vomiting sensation since few days. I am taking zofer tablet to avoid this sensation. Is it recommended or nor.
I am 27 years old I have acidity and gastric problem. Im nervous and depressive for last 2 years and I taking metaprolol 50mg for b. P. I have heart pain problem. 2d echo cardiogram was normal. What can I do for heart pain? is it muscular pain?
I am 33 years old and have anal fissure from 1 month taking medicines and ointments but not getting results.
Dear Sir, I have a problem of acidity which irritates me sooo much that I can't do my work properly and efficiently. So please suggest me the best medicine which makes me free from such problem. Thanking you sir.
It’s been long known about the numerous health benefits of beetroot. Surprisingly though, beetroot has some not-so-known qualities such as increasing stamina, removing skin blemishes and increasing the glow of the face. Apart from this, it can fetch benefits to the skin, hair and the overall health. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of beetroot consumption in vivid detail.
- Reduces the impact of aging: Beetroot being a great antioxidant successfully blocks free radicals and helps to fight the symptoms of aging. All it requires is a medium slice beetroot. The juice should be extracted from it and the pulp needs to be removed. The juice then could be applied to the face using cotton balls. Applying this simple solution once in a week can fetch dramatic results.
- Reduces blemish and pigmentation: Beetroot is one of the few vegetables that have a large amount of vitamin C embedded in it. It helps the skin to retain its original color, reduces blemishes and pigmentation. 3-4 cubes of beetroot serving twice a week should do the trick.
- Hair loss: Beetroot is a great source of food to stay away from hair loss. Being a good source of potassium, beetroot can prevent hair loss and enhance hair growth. A weekly serving of 3-4 cube of beetroot over a span of few months will show visible results.
- Improves liver function: Beetroot contains glutathione that is known to be a great agent for the liver. It acts as a detox diet and helps in functioning of the liver. This liver, in turn, helps the body to detox. Beetroot also helps in the regeneration of cells of the liver.
- Boost hemoglobin: Beetroot is an excellent source of iron and folate. These are the nutrients that are required for the body to maintain an adequate amount of hemoglobin in the body. A deficiency in the hemoglobin level can lead to anemia. Regular consumption of beetroot can ensure that a person refrains from deadly diseases such as anemia.
- Fight inflammation: Some typical symptoms of inflammation include infection, trauma etc. This is a sign of the immune system not acting efficiently against sudden panic. Some typical symptoms include pain, redness, swelling etc. Beetroot in known to have a super-efficient anti-inflammatory response. Injection of beetroot is often suggested by medical practitioners.
- Cancer prevention: Beetroot can elevate the level of oxygen in the blood. Since cancer cells are acidic in nature, beetroot can successfully neutralize them due to its alkaline nature. Owing to this anti-cancer properties, oncologists often suggests the intake of beetroot juice on a regular basis to patients suffering from liver, rectal, colon and various other types of cancer. 2 glasses of beetroot juice are often recommended for cancer patients.