Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prema RajendranYour feedback matters!
My wife (34) has been recently diagnosed with pcod, her tsh as per thyrocare Mumbai is 6.5 and currently she has been prescribed with Normoz, Pan, Mahacef, Aceclo plus, shelcal. She is experiencing severe weakness, lightheadedness and also some sings of negative attitude, she is a slim built and her weight is 47 kgs. There is no sign of weight gain or loss since last year. Shall we continue with this treatment?
I am having problem of PCOS. I consulted gynecologist and treatment was also done but still the problem is same. I am a married women and also planning for child. Please guide me what should be done properly to solve this problem?
My roommate went to visit her boyfriend and had unprotected sex and she is freaked out as to which contraceptives to take. Please help its been 3 hours since they had sex.
With more people frankly discussing about the loss of libido, studies have been conducted to investigate the reasons behind this. Surprisingly, in addition to hormonal and functional causes like genital issues, one common factor that causes loss of libido in both men and women is lifestyle changes. In addition to improper food habits and loss of exercise, loss of sleep is one of the most common causes of reduced sex drive.
Listed below are some reasons how sleep affects your sex drive:
- Lowers testosterone levels: Optimal amounts of testosterone in the body are required for having a good sex drive. Sleeplessness reduces the amount of testosterone produced in the body, thereby directly affecting the person's libido. A week with only 5 hours of sleep daily can reduce testosterone levels by 15%, which is equivalent to approximately 10 to 15 years of ageing.
- Vaginal lubrication: Studies have shown women who sleep regularly are wetter and have less pain during sex. Painful sex in turn reduces the sex drive in women.
- Erectile dysfunction: Improper sleep habits also reduces the quality of erection, thereby leaving you dissatisfied. Patients with sleep apnea who breathe irregularly with pauses in between were identified to have erectile dysfunction. The correlation gets stronger when the erectile dysfunction and sleep apnea improved drastically with regular sleep habits.
- Sleep induced depression: Sleeplessness leads to depression and general fatigue, and the last thing one wants to indulge in when depressed and tired is to have a sex.
- Impaired cognitive function: In addition to depression, deprived sleep also leaves you with overall reduced cognitive function, which leads to a vicious cycle of not reacting to your partner's instincts, etc. If you are not able to decipher whether or not the other person is interested, then the frequency and more importantly the quality of sex is reduced. This again sends out wrong signals to the partner, who will also not make the first move. And that again leads to a gradual decline of your sex life.
- Reduces love: Ever wondered why good sex is followed by a sound sleep and leaves you feeling fresh. There are strong chemical reasons to it sex induces hormones like prolactin which helps you relax and feel rested; it also produces the cuddle hormone oxytocin which increases the goodness feeling; it also reduces cortisol which is the stress hormone. All these increase feelings of belonging and love between the partners, which are affected by lack of sleep.
So, if you and your partner have been have been wondering how to rekindle your love life, think of getting a good night's sleep and sex will happen on its own.
Hello, we are planning for family. But after having intercourse, some of the sperms leaks out. How much I try to control but it drops out. Please suggest what measure should we take in order to prevent it from leakage. Also I have put on weight since the time we have planned. Can I do a regular exercise in order to control my weight as, I am scared because my exercise should not hamper my health in conceiving. Please suggest.
My husband has a dark complexion and I have a wheatish complexion. It was a love marriage and my mother-in always had problems with my complexion as she believed that our kids will be fair. In a country like ours, fairness is given utmost important. I was under constant pressure living with my mother-in law and was determined to not let my unborn baby go through this “Fairness” test. Natural Brite was a blessing in disguise. I took the oral supplements and followed Diet Instructions during my 5th month of pregnancy and few months later I was blessed with a daughter with smooth, fair skin. My mother-in law was very happy. Thank you Natural Brite!
This case was just was one of our many patient success stories. Natural Brite uses principle of Herbal Medicine like bach flower therapy which act as a cleansing agent for the skin and purification of body. Thus when given in the pregnancy for a month in the 5th or 6th month brings about a flawless complexion of the developing baby. Herbs contain healing powers. Ayurveda is an ancient science which deals in preventive as well as therapeutic medicines. Ayurveda believes in balancing the natural forces of human body to heal.
When a child is born, the first question asked is, Is the baby fair? It is not our intention to project that FAIR is better than DARK, but to cater to the need the society has already since time memorial created in the subconscious of human civilization.
Is it safe?
This is study of 1200 pregnant patients who underwent a combinational therapy of Ayurveda and bach flower therapy as well as a naturopathy diet in the 6th month of pregnancy for getting a fair baby. The study was conducted in 2 hospitals over a period of 5 years and out of the 1200 patients 1169 delivered babies of fair complexion thus giving a result of 97 %.
The Natural Bite Kits contains Herbal Supplements & Literature (Booklet). Booklet contains all detailed information about the panel doctor, the social ethics of this protocol, principles and mechanism of action of "Ayurveda and Bach flower therapy", the dosage and instructions of the supplements to be taken. Herbal Medications include:
Apple Grow Pills
How does this work?
The treatment starts at 5-6 months of gestation period. The ayurveda protocol had a primary diet to be followed, certain ways of dressing (dark clothing deletion), limitation of sun exposure and supplements. The supplements consisted of two parts- ayurvedic herbs paste which is to be taken after dissolving in water/ milk twice a day & the bach flower therapy protocol for a month.
Fair skin, healthy baby
I am 30 years old female. I hv lump in the neck for while now, I consulted ENT in RML hospital, initially they have advised thyroid profile, anti-tpo which came normal. Later they did ultrasound and found- 26x38 mm echogenic nodule rim in right lobe and further advised FNAC . Report states Atypical-Suspicious - Follicular Neoplasm-Bethesda GradeIV. Now what should be my next step as doctor said surgery needed which I want to avoid if possible. I am sole earning member and money is great deal for me. Kindly advise the best could be done in my case?
My wife had undergone a chocolate cyst surgery on 30th August. Her periods have not yet occurred as of 01 Nov. We visited her gynaec 10 days ago and she asked us to wait and watch. Is this expected? What is the average no. Of days after periods start occurring again?
5 diet and fitness tips for busy people
Vigorous exercise is important. However, if your hectic schedule leaves you with no time to hit the gym, you can try integrating some activity in the course of the day for increasing your productivity and staying fit.
- Take a walk when you are conversing on the phone.
- Instead of the lift, take the stairs.
- Take short breaks and step away from workstation.
- Workouts at home, such as sit-ups, push-ups, crunches, lunges and squats, keep you in shape.
- Eat healthy and on time
Foods which are low in nutritional value and have too many calories can pose serious health problems, including weight gain, cardiovascular problems and diabetes. It is important to stick to a healthy diet and a strict routine.
- Instead of starchy foods, choose wholegrain variants which contain more fibre, and keep you feeling full.
- Feel like snacking in the middle of the day? stock up on nuts and seeds or citrus fruits that are known to cure fatigue and stimulate alertness.
- To keep your energy up and your metabolism on overdrive, eat breakfast and smaller meals throughout the day, rather than 3 big meals.
- Have sufficient liquids through the day to avoid dehydration.
Avoid processed or packaged foods that contain too much sugar. Excess sugar has been linked to energy spikes followed by a crash, while too much salt can lead to high blood pressure and an increased risk of strokes and heart disease.
- Sleep is important
Finding it difficult to get a good night’s sleep? sleep deprivation can lead to fatigue, confusion, memory lapses and irritability.
To get a restful sleep:
- Create a sleep schedule and stick to it. Reading a book, listening to relaxing music, or taking a warm shower can help in relaxing your body.
- Avoid watching tv or surfing on your mobile as this can interfere with your sleep.
- Pay attention to what you eat and drink. Going to bed hungry or stuffing yourself too much can cause discomfort and keep you awake.
- Focus on deep breathing
When you are trying to juggle multiple things at a time, you are bound to be stressed. Five to ten minutes of deep breathing can help in relaxing you and reducing anxiety.
You can also close your eyes and focus on relaxing and tensing each muscle group while taking deep, slow breaths. The best part about this is that you can do it any time, at home, workplace or even on the road.
- Watch your posture
Good posture is not just great for your back and neck, but also allows you to breathe properly and increases concentration and thinking ability. To improve your posture:
- Get a good quality office chair, one with firm and dense cushioning and back support.
- Instead of resting your weight on a particular foot, plant both feet flat on the floor.
- Set a reminder to check your posture. This can be in the form of a post-it note, an alarm on your phone or an email reminder.