Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prema Rajendran
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prema RajendranYour feedback matters!
Having a kidney disease can make it feel as if your life has spun out of control. But having some knowledge about your kidney disease can save you the stress and trauma that you might experience. Knowledge about the same can also help you take better control over your condition. Here are some frequently asked questions about kidney diseases:
1. How do you know if you are at the risk for kidney disease?
Some basic things are to be monitored to keep away from the risk:
- Blood pressure levels to be monitored at least once a year
- Urine analysis to check protein levels
- Creatinine level in your blood
2. What can we do to take care of our kidneys?
The most important thing is to ensure that your blood pressure and blood sugar are under control. Essential lifestyle changes can help keep your kidneys working longer.
3. How long can I live with Kidney disease?
Many people think that if their kidneys fail, it is the end of their life. But with modern advances in health care, this is not the case. How long you live depends on age, your overall health and how involved you are in your care. Even if you reach kidney failure you can continue to live for a long time with dialysis or kidney transplants.
4. What can be done for fatigue when you have kidney disease?
Fatigue is a common symptom of kidney disease, but there are medications to deal with it. Talk to your doctor to assess your condition and deal with it.
5. Is kidney disease hereditary?
Genetical factors can contribute to kidney disease and around 10% of kidney failures are caused by hereditary factors.
6. Do I need dialysis?
If your kidneys don’t perform their function and the serum creatinine levels reach a certain point, dialysis can be done. The dialysis machine will take over the kidney function of filtering out the impurities from your blood.
7. How long can you stay on dialysis while waiting for a transplant?
There is no set upper limit for the amount of time spent on dialysis. Some patients have gone over 25 years and it all depends on your health condition.
8. What questions should I ask my doctor?
No two people are same. Asking questions is the best way to find where you stand. So, discuss with your doctor on what percent of kidney function you have and what can be done to improve.
9. Can Dialysis be done at home?
Yes, discuss with your doctor to know how it can be done and whether it is good for you.
10. Do kidney stones lead to kidney disease?
No, they don’t lead to kidney failure. But long term obstruction of the kidney can cause kidney failure.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A healthy intimate life is very important for a person’s physical and emotional health. Sexual issues are very common, though they are not frankly discussed, given the cultural inhibitions that we are brought up with. Both men and women have specific issues, and it is often due to a combination of physical and psychological factors.
Some of the common physical factors that affect sex include normal aging, hormonal imbalances, chronic disease conditions like diabetes and heart disease, menopause, low libido, painful sex, smoking, alcohol abuse, etc. All these affect a person’s desire for sex, ability to perform, or a combination of both.
Psychological factors that affect sexual life include performance anxiety, work-related stress, strains in relationship, family issues, financial issues, past sexual relationships, history of abuse, etc.
Sexual issues manifest slightly differently in men and women. Reduced sexual desire, painful intercourse, lack of orgasms, and inability to be aroused are commonly seen in women. On the other hand, men suffer from erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, low sperm count, reduced libido, etc.
One of the first step towards resolving sexual issues is to acknowledge that there is a problem and come to terms with it. In more than 50% of the cases, coming to terms with it and having a frank conversation with the partner can help solve the issue completely. Both the partners become comfortable discussing about it and make an attempt to find ways to address it. In some cases, involving a counselor also helps.
Ayurveda believes that the following ingredients have a strong role to play in resolving sexual issues in both men and women.
- Shilajit: Known for its potency inducing properties, it is believed to renew vitality and increase the core energy essential for sexual power.
- Safed musli: It is very useful as a reproductive tonic to rejuvenate and improve impotency, premature ejaculation, and low sperm count in men. It is known to enhance libido and cure involuntary ejaculations. It can be used by mixing it with honey, sugar, ghee, and long pepper.
- Ashwagandha: This is another wonder medicine with multiple uses. The roots are powdered and widely used in treating female sterility. It can also be mixed in milk and used, starting from 5 to 6 nights after menstruation.
- Drumstick: Flowers of this plant can be boiled in milk and used as a sexual tonic in both males and females. The bark can also be powdered and used in impotency and premature ejaculation.
- Garlic: A remarkable home remedy, it is a proven aphrodisiac, where it restores sexual power.
- Ginger: Another valuable aphrodisiac, ginger juice can be mixed with honey and egg and consumed daily for a month. It helps cure impotency, premature ejaculation, and improves sperm quality. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
We are newly married couple, whenever I had sex with my wife, my wife suffers from lower abdominal pain, even she is on top. Pain is severe & for long time. What should we do?
The amount of emotional upheaval that periods, or no periods (for that matter) can cause, is something that every woman is aware of. It's normal to miss your period for different reasons occasionally, but develops to be a concern if this absence persists over a period of time. The condition is then termed as a case of secondary amenorrhea. Although most people are quick to consider pregnancy while dealing with the various reasons for missed periods, there are a number of possibilities which are seldom mulled over but should be considered in order to take the effective precautions and seek proper medical care:
Body weight is responsible for affecting the hypothalamus and this may, in turn, upset your menstrual cycle. BMI level under 18-19 may result in triggering irregularities since enough estrogen will not be created. This is also why underweight women, who suffer from bulimia or anorexia, tend to miss their periods frequently.
On the other hand, overweight women may stop ovulating due to increase in the production of estrogen and therefore, have heavy, infrequent periods. Therefore, it is essential that body weight be regulated to avoid any disappointment at 'the time of the month.'
Any type of physical or emotional stress is bound to affect your cycle. This is because, the production of stress hormones in the body increases and an elevated level of adrenaline and cortisol may impair the functioning of the reproductive system. Under stressful situations, the body employs its amino acids to assist the neurotransmitters to produce stress hormones over sex hormones. As a consequence, the chances of missing your periods increase.
3. Exercising Too Much:
While regular workout is indispensable for battling a sedentary lifestyle, overdoing it might cause your body to produce lesser estrogen and delay your periods. Women, who are into athletics and gymnastics, are more likely to suffer from amenorrhea. In fact, other aspects of over-exercising, like sleeping less, fasting, and infections also contribute to such irregularities.
4. Brest Feeding:
Prolactin is the hormone that aids in milk production and may also repress ovulation for a while. Many breastfeeding moms may not get their periods for a month or more as a result. But this doesn't do away with your chances of getting pregnant. A span of three months is expected to pass before the abnormalities are done away with.
5. Food Allergies:
Celiac disease or untreated gluten allergy can directly harm hormone production. They are directly related to your gut health and your adrenal glands which is why they can influence the sex hormone creation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Sir, My wife got pregnancy on 08/03/2016 after one month she went regular checkups then we found she got thyroid with 14.6 and she taken medicines for thyroid (thyronorm 50) and we shifted family from there. Recently we met doctor for check ups she told once check TSH and we taken that test and the result was 3.78, doctor told us take medicine same dose (thyronorm 50) my question is it reduced from 14 to 3.78 whether still continue the same dose, is it right and what your prescription please tell us.
Hi doctors I'm 25 weeks pregnant baby is going good but my cervix is weak. Internal Os dynamically opening with funneling with membrane, cervical length decrease from 2.9 to 1.7 cms. Stitch in situ is it ok.
1. Adopt daily washing routine.
2. Wash your vulva and your vaginal opening.
3. Scrub the area between your vagina and your anus.
4. Shave your pubic hair regularly.
5. Wear cotton underwear and nice smelling detergent/soap to wash your pant is a great way to have a fresh vagina.
6. High consumption of pineapple would make your vagina taste like pineapple juice and a high consumption of berries would make your vagina taste berry-like. Even though some other sources and countered this claim, what they have all come to agree on is that consumption of fruits make your vagina smell and taste fresh.
7. Other food items includes anything fresh with natural juices and lots of water.