Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
How to avoid you wanted pregnancy. My wife missed period cycle. Her cycle is first 5 day of the month. And today is last day. Her period comes early 2 day from her cycle but this time she missed. We have 3 months baby boy. By my mistake once I don't use protection. And now we don't want baby now. Please guide us. My wife's age is 25 year old. And her delivery is normal. So please please help me to avoid pregnancy.
I am 24 year old I have gaping period problem of 2 or 3 month last 11 feb I was on but after that no period. On 25 april I had pain start period bt for evening only and only cloted blood. I didnt get the problm what was it? please help me.
Hii i'm 20 year old girl I have abirritate in my sex point. When I was approx 8 year old standing on a cooler stand suddenly my leg slip and I fell my sex strike on it badly I was having pain approx two days. This year on 29th feb I was having my first sex with my partner in first ejaculation he insert with out condom and others with condom bt pain was on the peak blood comes from my sex aftr 5 min my pain stops and I enjoyed I take I pill (for unwanted pregnancy) The day afer sex my pain starts and again I was having sex (with condom) on 4th march then I used to take'unwanted 72' (again to prevent pregnancy) approx 15 days after sex I was having pain regularly, then after irregularly mainly the day when I used to wear tight jeans I get abirritate in my sex point.
As I am unmarried age approx 28 years I had sex sometimes with/without condoms but last 3-4 days I have itching in my vagina every time please suggest me what should I do for that.
I am 25 year old I was plan for child. So what will I do. I period coming on this moth 12/2/16 so what should I do. I have completed 9month for marriage? Please suggest me the good thing?
What is the recommended advice for vomiting at the starting age of baby in pregnancy and feeling uneasiness, unconsciousness feeling?
I have a unprotected sex with a guy I meet I mean gay. After some week I see some rashes a little bit on my body means 3 or more it's not itching but on face there is itching why is this.
Birth control is a method by which unwanted pregnancy is prevented. Partners can plan their childbearing in a better way using the increased levels of awareness about birth control.
Methods of birth control:
- Intrauterine devices (IDUs): These are most effective methods of birth control. The intrauterine device (IUD) is a long-acting and reversible form of contraception for women. It is of two types: Copper IUD (contains copper) and Hormone-releasing IUDs (progestin hormone is released into the womb slowly). It is a small device that is fitted inside the womb and it provides contraception by preventing fertilization of the egg.
- Sterilization: This is a process of birth control that renders a woman incapable of conception or a man incapable of sperm delivery. The process is conducted with the consent of the individual and can be done using either surgical or non-surgical methods. In both the cases, tubes carrying sperms (in males) and fallopian tubes (females) are either cut or blocked.
- Condoms: These are the most commonly used measures for birth control. Male and female condoms act as barriers and prevent the sperm from reaching the uterus.
- Oral contraceptive pills: These pills are the most popular measures of birth control used by women across the world. This is the most convenient way of postponing pregnancy. However, it is very important that the side effects of the contraceptive pills be noted. The side effects cause changes in the body, such as irregular bleeding, increase in the breast's size increased levels of blood pressure as well as eventual infertility.
- Contraceptive Injections: In this method, one hormone injection is administered, the effects of which last inside the body for a time period of 8 to 12 weeks i.e. 2-3 months. The contraceptive injection has the similar effects as that of contraceptive pills on birth control. Evidently, the shot is irreversible, which makes the woman infertile for a period of three months. However, similar to the pill, protection from STDs is not offered by contraceptive injections. But these injections can guarantee 99% safety and surety on being used.
- Natural Family Planning: Even though it is not any external pill or device, Natural Family Planning is also a method of birth control. It relies on the knowledge of timings of the menstrual cycle (periods) so that the couple can avoid sex during the time period when the woman is fertile. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Maintaining proper oral health is very essential for everyone but it becomes more important for women who are planning to conceive or are pregnant. Studies reveal that if a woman is suffering from gum disease, the chances of the baby being born prematurely or having inadequate weight increase.
Moreover, the alteration in the levels of the hormone in the body caused due to pregnancy might also trigger gum disease and a condition known as pregnancy gingivitis, which makes taking care of oral hygiene mandatory for expecting mothers.
How can you ensure proper oral hygiene before conceiving?
Visiting a dentist before conceiving is necessary to diagnose and treat any issues related to oral health, so that it doesn't affect the health of the baby in any way. During this visit, you can opt for professional cleaning of your teeth and proper scrutiny of your gum tissue to detect any oral health issues, which might influence your pregnancy.
How can you maintain proper oral health during pregnancy?
You can take the following measures to ensure that your teeth and gums remain healthy during pregnancy.
- Visit your dentist regularly - Pregnancy should not keep you from going for regular dental checkups. The dentist can conduct the requisite periodontal exams and provide you instructions for maintaining healthy gums and teeth during this period.
- Inform your dentist about the drugs you are consuming - Letting your dentist know about all the medications you are consuming and their dosages is advisable so that he/she can accordingly design your dental treatment plan.
- Don't avoid dental X-rays - If you need a dental X-ray, you can opt for it even while you are pregnant. Informing your dentist about your pregnancy will ensure that, he/she takes extra measures for your and the baby's safety by protecting your thyroid gland and abdomen from the rays.
- Consider morning sickness while choosing your toothpaste - Morning sickness often hinders with the normal process of brushing due to the taste of the toothpaste. In this case, asking your dentist to recommend a suitable brand for you would be the right thing to do.
- Ensure that you follow a healthy diet - Following a diet which contains a minimum amount of sugary snacks and more dairy products like yogurt and cheese is recommended for expecting mothers. This not only decreases the risks of tooth decay but also ensures proper development of the baby's gums, bones, and teeth.
Related Tip: 5 reasons to get regular dental cleaning