Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Prema KrishnaswamiYour feedback matters!
While some couples conceive with ease, conceiving a child can be extremely difficult for others. In cases where a woman is not able to get pregnant despite having regular intercourse in tune with her biological cycle, infertility tests may be suggested to investigate the reason behind this. In most cases, these tests are suggested if a year has gone by without intercourse resulting in a pregnancy. Women may also be said to be infertile, if they cannot carry a foetus to full term.
Infertility can affect both men and women and can be triggered by a number of different reasons. In some cases, it is treatable while in others, alternative ways of having a family may need to be discussed. Hence, it is very important to understand the different types and triggers for infertility and to undergo complete infertility investigations. Some of the common types of infertility investigations are as given below.
- Blood tests: A blood test of both partners is used to assess the general health of the couple and to identify any health factors that may be impeding fertility.
- Tests for women:
- Hysterosalpingogram: This is an X ray that can identify if a blockage or any other issue in the fallopian tubes are the cause for infertility.
- Pelvic ultrasound: This is used to have a look at the anatomy of the female reproductive system and to check for fibroids.
- Laparoscopy / hysteroscopy: This is used to get a clearer picture of the ovaries, uterus and other parts of the reproductive system.
- Tracking cycle: Ovulation and the thickness of the uterus lining may also affect infertility, This can be diagnosed by tracking and assessing the menstrual cycle.
- Tests for men
- Semen analysis:This test is used to get an idea of sperm concentration, motility and the appearance of sperm in a man’s semen. In some cases, the semen may not include any sperm cells. In such cases, a follow up investigation may be required to assess if sperm cells are being created in the testicles. This is known as testicular sperm aspiration or a testicular biopsy.
- Sperm DNA: The DNA in sperm also plays an important role in fertility. This test is used to assess the sperm DNA integrity and to see how it may affect embryo development and chances of an on-going pregnancy.
Infertility treatment depends on the cause identified by the above tests and hence it is important for both partners to undergo complete testing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Her periods are so irregular and now a days its continuous and heavy. Could you suggest some way out for dis?
Pcod me mera period v band hai 2 mahine se. Avi tretment kara rahi hu. Kya ye thik ho sakta hai. Ovral l 21 tablet le rahi hu kya mera period ho sakta hai.
Hi. Doctor. I hv in 28 week pregnancy and I have wrongly taken 1calcium and 1iron tablet twice a day from last 15 days and now from last 5 days my lower portion of belly having lots of pain and feeling heavy .pls advice me what precaution should I take and will it affect to my baby. I am in so much stress and this is my first issue. I'm 24 year old and having 60 kg weight. Pls answer me fast.
Can I use pills to control bleeding and pain. If so please suggest them. My body weight is 40 and im 20 years.
I have a ovarion cyst since last one year sized 6 *6 cms ,& manstrul cycle is disturbed what is the remedy/ ot operate it ,from last 5 moths mc is total stoped my age is 41 and weight is 67 highte 5.1
Meri wife ka last period 5october ko aya tha. 2november ko kit se check kia to kit positive aai 9ko check kia to bhi positive aya. Lekin urine k sath mucus me blood a raha h 2 3 din se. Doctor ne kaha k ultrasound krvao. Is miscarriage doctor.
Hi sir, I have done laproscopy operation drilling of ovarian cyst on September 21st. I'm trying to conceive and I want to know is when will I get my next cycle. My last cycle was on 10 of September. Will my cycle will be regular after this operation. And within how many months i will get conceive.
My mother has hb of 7. She has problem of menorrhagia. She has started on cycloreg. What should I do next?
Hi, I am 70 days pregnant. I am salivating very badly. I tried various food but I feel nauseating whatever I eat. I am coughing and built up with thick mucus immediately after eating. I am feeling very sick and sad. I feel little better when I just liye down. I already have 2 daughters. This is my third pregnancy due to pressure from my husband. Finding very difficult to manage my kids along with severe nausea kindly help me.
What is best method to check pregnancy. My wife is 51 years and her period not. Stopped yet. We take precautions but failed to take this tome. Is there chance of pregnancy. If yes how to check. Her last period from 1-3 Jan.
I am 20 years old. I am a women and I have a period problem I am facing irregularities in periods. What should I do?
I had sex 3 times with my wife in one day, it was her 7th day from her period ended. The 3rd intercourse was unprotected. Is there any chance for her to get pregnant.
Hello Doctor! I and my girlfriend had sex without any contraception but took an mpill in 23hrs and had sex few hrs after having pills is there any chance of getting pregnant. Is mpill an effective contraceptive?
Consuming 2.5 spoons horlicks with warm water early in the morning is better or 4 spoons sattu in water? Please tell.
Hello sir ,I want to know about a sex time. Before 2 years I got married to 1 girl . I want to know that what about to sex she is pregnant from last 7 months is that we can sex now or not?
I have been suffering from irregular periods. Its about 3 months even aftr taking medication. Is there any solution to this and what's the reason behind it?
The medical term used for kidney disease is Nephrosis and it is seldom also known as the nephritic syndrome. There are a lot of likely causes for this condition and it is detected by carrying out urine test. The treatment for Nephrosis is a long term treatment and done mainly to prevent kidney failure. The kidney disease is very painful and occurs in people of all age groups. It is very important for people who are new to kidney disease that they know about the nine things they should do to stay strong.
Important information on kidney disease:
- The feeling of helplessness on occurrence of kidney disease can be overcome by educating yourself. Individuals should learn everything about kidney disease and can gain vital information even from the Internet.
- It is very obligatory that the advice of the doctor be followed by an individual suffering from Kidney disease. It is not indispensable that the kidney disease always leads to failure of kidney and to keep your kidney healthy and stay away from any damage, it is necessary to comply with the orders of the Doctor.
- It is very important that you stick to a diet, which would keep you healthy and protect your kidneys from any further damage. You should be mindful on everything you eat and you can gain assistance on your diet from a renal dietitian.
- When you suffer from chronic kidney disease, the blood values become very important to gauge the condition of your disease and whether it is getting worse or stable. From time to time, the healthcare provider would check your urine and blood regularly and he would also monitor your blood pressure and blood sugar.
- You can ask help from the support group and accept their assistance. Your family is your best support system in times of need and so involving them is very important.
- You must make sure that you are getting the proper care you need and you need to educate yourself by communicating as well as asking questions.
- You can feel much better by being active, so do things that make you happy. You can exercise regularly, but after taking advice from your doctor. Your main focus must be to keep your heart healthy.
- A positive attitude is anytime helpful in healing a disease. You can listen to music that entertains your mind and helps you stay positive.
- It is not difficult to stay healthy even with kidney disease, as a positive feeling would eventually help face the kidney disease. You must plan ahead and be ready for kidney transplant without getting worried.
Most importantly, spread awareness and help people tackle the situation without any difficulty.